Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power hose

• 03-05-2020 8:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

In this time of Corona, everybody is gone stone cracked with cleaning etc Including me :)

My use: cleaning patio, concrete paths, tarmacadam and washing cars. Essentially general use around the house.

Been browsing through the forums and see these as options.

Noticed this in my local Lidl - a Phd 170A1 for 100 Euro and a separate patio cleaner attachment for 27 Euro. Bring total to 127 Euro.

Or this on amazon: Nilfisk C 110 bar 110.7-5 PC X-TRA Compact Pressure Washer for Basic Tasks – Outdoor Cleaner with Patio Cleaning Accessory Kit – 440 L/H Water Flow (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTZWJWA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1ZMREbTKXB8QF

for 90 Euro.

So Lidl one is 37 Euro dearer.

Lidl has a 10 meter hose V Nilfisk 5 meter.
    Lidl has 450 litres/hr V Nilfisk 440 litres/hr.
    Lidl has 2400 watt motor V Nilfisk 1400 watt.
    Lidl has max pressure 170 Bar V Nilfisk 110 Bar.
    Lidl has a small rotating cleaning brush V Nilfisk None (not sure how useful this really is)
    Lidl patio cleaner seems better (can adjust flow rate, add detergent)
    Lidl has a reel to wind up the hose V Nilfisk None.

Will the above make any difference in the real world?

Both have aluminium pumps.
    Both have detergent bottle scenario.

Is the Lidl worth the 37 quid extra?

Any comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I never had much success with the patio cleaner kit, due to a lack of power as its driven by the water flow .
    The detergent only gets used when at low pressure.
    On the face of it the lidl spec looks better

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

I never had much success with the patio cleaner kit, due to a lack of power as its driven by the water flow .
    The detergent only gets used when at low pressure.
    On the face of it the lidl spec looks better

Thanks for the input.

Any other comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Any other comments?

I'd be a Karcher man myself, and have used the K3.55 for about 10 years, before the electric motor packed in, so now I'm in the market too. They have a K4 series that can be bought for about €220 or thereabouts, ( google Karcher K4) It has a max working pressure of 130 BAR, which translates as 1'820 PSI, which is powerful enough to shift even the most powerful of stains ( makes a great job of restoring the color on the patio slab's in my house. Its the PSI is what you need to know when deciding on a power washer. 1'820 PSI can drive a 60 mtr power jetter too, if you ever need it.
    Beware also if you do choose the K4 ( or any of the K series ) that there is a K4 version available with all the mod-cons, and its about €100 or 120 more expensive because it gives you the "Full Kit". Forget it, get the basic K4, it has all you need to do good power washing. The patio rotating brushes etc supplied in the "full Kit" I have a few of them in the shed, no use really. They have a good range of attachments available that can be bought separately if you need them.

jmreire wrote: »
    I'd be a Karcher man myself, and have used the K3.55 for about 10 years, before the electric motor packed in, so now I'm in the market too. They have a K4 series that can be bought for about €220 or thereabouts, ( google Karcher K4) It has a max working pressure of 130 BAR, which translates as 1'820 PSI, which is powerful enough to shift even the most powerful of stains ( makes a great job of restoring the color on the patio slab's in my house. Its the PSI is what you need to know when deciding on a power washer. 1'820 PSI can drive a 60 mtr power jetter too, if you ever need it.
    Beware also if you do choose the K4 ( or any of the K series ) that there is a K4 version available with all the mod-cons, and its about €100 or 120 more expensive because it gives you the "Full Kit". Forget it, get the basic K4, it has all you need to do good power washing. The patio rotating brushes etc supplied in the "full Kit" I have a few of them in the shed, no use really. They have a good range of attachments available that can be bought separately if you need them.

Thanks for input. The Lidl one has a max working pressure of 170 BAR......so seems decent for 100 Euro.

• Advertisement

Thanks for input. The Lidl one has a max working pressure of 170 BAR......so seems decent for 100 Euro.

Thats about 2'380 PSI...... more than powerful enough for ordinary work. And for €100, you cannot go wrong. Just don't bother with the patio cleaning attachment's etc.....Waste of money. Set the water jet from the lance to a 2 or 3" beam, and it will clean all before it. I have a shed full of Aldi and Lidl tools, mainly small hand tools, and I find them the finest for ordinary work. For heavier work, I go for brand names though. Just remember one thing whichever make you buy, make sure that its not left out side in sub-zero temperatures, as this can destroy the pump. Let us know hoe you get on,OK?

Thats about 2'380 PSI...... more than powerful enough for ordinary work. And for €100, you cannot go wrong. Just don't bother with the patio cleaning attachment's etc.....Waste of money. Set the water jet from the lance to a 2 or 3" beam, and it will clean all before it. I have a shed full of Aldi and Lidl tools, mainly small hand tools, and I find them the finest for ordinary work. For heavier work, I go for brand names though. Just remember one thing whichever make you buy, make sure that its not left out side in sub-zero temperatures, as this can destroy the pump. Let us know hoe you get on,OK?

Seems 100 Euro for a 170 bar is decent alright. Just not sure on the reliability.......or the need for the patio cleaner

Seems 100 Euro for a 170 bar is decent alright. Just not sure on the reliability.......or the need for the patio cleaner

As they say " You pay your money, and you take your chance's" But normally they give a guarantee with what they sell, so even if you get the 2 year or what ever they give, it will not owe you anything. I remember I got one of their table saw's ( so long ago, years ago, 7 or 8 I forget which ) and it burned out a belt...my own fault for not being able to turning it off quick enough. But I eventually tracked down the manufacturers of the Electric Motor. It was a German make...Einhell, so i ordered the correct belt from them, fitted it, and off we went again. I'd be happier if I knew who manufactured the pump and motor of course, but still for the €100, its hard to go wrong. Don't bother with the patio cleaner...its a waste of time ( in my experience anyway. Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

As they say " You pay your money, and you take your chance's" But normally they give a guarantee with what they sell, so even if you get the 2 year or what ever they give, it will not owe you anything. I remember I got one of their table saw's ( so long ago, years ago, 7 or 8 I forget which ) and it burned out a belt...my own fault for not being able to turning it off quick enough. But I eventually tracked down the manufacturers of the Electric Motor. It was a German make...Einhell, so i ordered the correct belt from them, fitted it, and off we went again. I'd be happier if I knew who manufactured the pump and motor of course, but still for the €100, its hard to go wrong. Don't bother with the patio cleaner...its a waste of time ( in my experience anyway. Good Luck.

I had the Aldi version of this power washer, great job around the house, 2yrs old and then pump cracked while doing concrete driveway.

Replaced with a K4 that was on offer in Woodies, was leaking from inside from brand new, literally took it back next day to ask to replace it and had to jump through hoops to get anywhere, eventually got sorted, it's a brave bit better than Aldi one, especially with turbo nozzle.

Aldi told me to get in touch with customer service in UK as was 3yr warranty on it, received a replacement unit within a few days no questions asked.

For OP, I'd say go with Lidl, always good warranty to help you with any issues..

I had the Aldi version of this power washer, great job around the house, 2yrs old and then pump cracked while doing concrete driveway.

Replaced with a K4 that was on offer in Woodies, was leaking from inside from brand new, literally took it back next day to ask to replace it and had to jump through hoops to get anywhere, eventually got sorted, it's a brave bit better than Aldi one, especially with turbo nozzle.

Aldi told me to get in touch with customer service in UK as was 3yr warranty on it, received a replacement unit within a few days no questions asked.

For OP, I'd say go with Lidl, always good warranty to help you with any issues..

Yup, just goes to show really what can happen when you buy anything nowadays. If you were a betting man, your money would probably be on the Karcher. I bought a Mc Allister top of the range power washer that was on special offer, as it was shop soiled, display model. No guarantee, no nothing,,what you see is what you get,,,and just too bad if you were not wearing your glasses... So I took it home and started it up..water literally pumped out if it everywhere. I stripped it down to the basics, and re-assembled it. Turned out it had not been properly assembled in the first place, maybe because it was only for display? Anyway, so far it has behaved perfectly,,,,has plenty of power for what I need but the lance is crap with a very poor range of adjustment on it, I'm currently trying to get an adapter so I can use the Karcher lance with it. I think that the OP could not go far wrong with the Lidl one for the €100 either. As I mentioned previously, if they are left out in the open during freezing weather, they can get damaged very easily. Wonder if that was what happened with your one??

• Advertisement

Noted. But high level, would the Nikfisk be a better bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd be a Karcher man myself, and have used the K3.55 for about 10 years, before the electric motor packed in, so now I'm in the market too.
    Does the motor just make a bit of a humming noise and not start up? If so, probably just the capacitor gone, €10-12 will sort it. Happened to mine just a few weeks ago too.

Would there be much difference in the **decibel level** between an electric pressure with 2400 watts versus a one with 1400 watts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I wouldn't think the motors would be much different in running sound levels.
    The big thing with all these washers is water supply, the more water at pressure you can feed them the better they work.
    I changed to 3/4" hose and my small Lidl PHD135A1 works very well now,I have big pressure coming in to my house because I am at the bottom of a hill so it works very well for me.
    If you have weak flow where you are it won't really matter how much pressure the machine makes as it won't have the volume to properly work.

Try a 60 sec fill test to see what kind of flow you have first.

Alun wrote: »
    Does the motor just make a bit of a humming noise and not start up? If so, probably just the capacitor gone, €10-12 will sort it. Happened to mine just a few weeks ago too.

No, it is completely silent...I had a one that needed the capacitor replaced, and I'd know the sound of that. Was working away fine, and I released the trigger on the lance, and the flow stopped, ( as expected) I left the lance on the ground and went into the shed to get something, and when I came back out, the Karcher was silent. I checked the on / off switch in case I had switched it off, but no, it was in the on position...and as dead as a dodo. and thats where I am now. Will most likely get a K4, as soon as B&Q or Halfords open for business.

In this time of Corona, everybody is gone stone cracked with cleaning etc Including me :)

My use: cleaning patio, concrete paths, tarmacadam and washing cars. Essentially general use around the house.

Been browsing through the forums and see these as options.

Noticed this in my local Lidl - a Phd 170A1 for 100 Euro and a separate patio cleaner attachment for 27 Euro. Bring total to 127 Euro.

Or this on amazon: Nilfisk C 110 bar 110.7-5 PC X-TRA Compact Pressure Washer for Basic Tasks – Outdoor Cleaner with Patio Cleaning Accessory Kit – 440 L/H Water Flow (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTZWJWA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1ZMREbTKXB8QF

for 90 Euro.

So Lidl one is 37 Euro dearer.

Lidl has a 10 meter hose V Nilfisk 5 meter.
    Lidl has 450 litres/hr V Nilfisk 440 litres/hr.
    Lidl has 2400 watt motor V Nilfisk 1400 watt.
    Lidl has max pressure 170 Bar V Nilfisk 110 Bar.
    Lidl has a small rotating cleaning brush V Nilfisk None (not sure how useful this really is)
    Lidl patio cleaner seems better (can adjust flow rate, add detergent)
    Lidl has a reel to wind up the hose V Nilfisk None.

Will the above make any difference in the real world?

Both have aluminium pumps.
    Both have detergent bottle scenario.

Is the Lidl worth the 37 quid extra?

Any comments welcome.

Any more comments on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

My own Karcher K2 packed in yesterday. In fairness I got the best part of 10 years out of it. I had a Lidl one for a couple of years before that. I found it dreadful, when assembled it was quite loose, connecting points leaked and it just didn't feel "solid". It was just not in the same league as the Karcher.

I will be sticking with Karcher for my new investment as I just think they are superior. I'm sure there are better out there, but I also consider that I have the car accessories and now spare, lance etc for my next one.

The K2 was grand, but for my replacement I think I will go for something with a bit more power. Been looking at the K4 & K5. Think the K7 is out of my budget really. Do you think there is much difference going from a K2 to K3, K4 etc?

Seve OB wrote: »
    My own Karcher K2 packed in yesterday. In fairness I got the best part of 10 years out of it. I had a Lidl one for a couple of years before that. I found it dreadful, when assembled it was quite loose, connecting points leaked and it just didn't feel "solid". It was just not in the same league as the Karcher.

I will be sticking with Karcher for my new investment as I just think they are superior. I'm sure there are better out there, but I also consider that I have the car accessories and now spare, lance etc for my next one.

The K2 was grand, but for my replacement I think I will go for something with a bit more power. Been looking at the K4 & K5. Think the K7 is out of my budget really. Do you think there is much difference going from a K2 to K3, K4 etc?

Pretty much the same story as me. bought the K.255 about 10 or 11 years ago, it handled all the power washing requirement's in that time, patio's, house ( before repainting ) and also a long jetting hose for drains, and the car. So next time ( as soon as Halford's or B&Q open for business ) I'll go for the K4, that's plenty powerful enough for me. Was in town last week, getting a new chain for the saw ( phoned them up first ) and while there, I saw a Husqvarna power washer for sale. It was model PW450, and cost €575.00. I'd say it would have been the equivalent of the K7. In all fairness it was some machine,,brass pump, steel braided power hose, and all the whistles and belles you could want, But the K.4 will do me fine and for about €220.00, ( Probably less if you can wait until the January sale's, it was down to €200 last January.)

Pretty much the same story as me. bought the K.255 about 10 or 11 years ago, it handled all the power washing requirement's in that time, patio's, house ( before repainting ) and also a long jetting hose for drains, and the car. So next time ( as soon as Halford's or B&Q open for business ) I'll go for the K4, that's plenty powerful enough for me. Was in town last week, getting a new chain for the saw ( phoned them up first ) and while there, I saw a Husqvarna power washer for sale. It was model PW450, and cost €575.00. I'd say it would have been the equivalent of the K7. In all fairness it was some machine,,brass pump, steel braided power hose, and all the whistles and belles you could want, But the K.4 will do me fine and for about €220.00, ( Probably less if you can wait until the January sale's, it was down to €200 last January.)

i should probably stick with the K4. but am leaning more towards the K5 from some of the reviews saying it is a better option for patios. I think if I can get a K5 at the right money (€300ish), I'll pick it up but otherwise it will be a K4

i should probably stick with the K4. but am leaning more towards the K5 from some of the reviews saying it is a better option for patios. I think if I can get a K5 at the right money (€300ish), I'll pick it up but otherwise it will be a K4

A K5 for €300 ish, would be a bargain, for sure !!! But my old K3.55 was plenty powerful for cleaning patio slab's ( especially if you sprayed on a cleaner before hand, and let it soften up the dirt or staining.) I also find that the lance, and power settings are very important too. I have a McAllister washer as well, and it's also powerful, but the lance is rubbish......you can only get a "narrow" focus cleaning spray,,,,,and it takes ages to clean even one slab. I'd say that the main difference between the K4 and K5 would be the BAR ratings?? Higher PSI, And maybe the pump is a different one also. I don't have the exact specs to hand. Be worth your while looking up the specs for both of them, and comparing notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

K5 are great beasts, I bought one secondhand last year.....it looked like new and must have been rarely used.
    Came with the patio cleaning head too.

A bargain at £200.

what would yiz think about a factory reconditioned K5 bought direct from Karcher?
    I can get one for good money, but would also have to ship through Address Pal or Parcel Motel as they won't send to Rep of Ireland...... So not sure if I might end up with a hefty oversize shipping bill also!

anyone know what the box dimensions and weights are on a K5?

what would yiz think about a factory reconditioned K5 bought direct from Karcher?
    I can get one for good money, but would also have to ship through Address Pal or Parcel Motel as they won't send to Rep of Ireland...... So not sure if I might end up with a hefty oversize shipping bill also!

anyone know what the box dimensions and weights are on a K5?

Thats a bargain all right !! Do you mind sharing the info on who is the supplier? No worry's about shipping to Ireland. Sign up for An Post AddressPal, and off you go. It will ship to your English address as in AddressPal, and from there to Ireland. Not as expensive as paying the full K5 price here in Ireland anyway,i got 20 Ltrs of engine oil from suppliers in England, and it was not that expensive, even though it was out of standard weight and measurement. Sign up for AnPost home delivery, and it's actually cheaper than collecting it at your local post office. Google Karcher K5 Specs, and you will get all the details weight volume etc.

Yea I have AP & PM and used both a few times.

My best research tells me the box is going to be somewhere between 15.2kg and 19.7kg and 75*50*40

I think that rules out Address pal based on this page?

Parcel Motel might still be a runner, they want an extra fiver to ship to Norn Iron so for the basic set it will be £253 plus whatever the PM charge will be. I think it has to be under 10kg for home delivery, but looking at their dimensions page it looks like collection will be €7.00

So that might come in at just over the €300 bucks. They are advertised in Ireland from about €340 but would also be brand new and not reconditioned ones. Might hold out till next week and see what the Likes of Woodies and B&Q are doing when they open their doors (can't even see their website now and B&Q just don't have an Irish one)

It is from Karcher Direct on their Outlet site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭wassie

Was looking at the K4 'Full Control' 2 years ago and Woodies had a great sale price of €260 for the basic K5 so I went with that.

Halfords currently have a 3 for 2 on all Karcher Accessories (*Mix & Match, Cheapest item Free. Discount applied in basket). I ended up buying from Halfords on sale the extension hose and extension arm for cleaning eaves 2 storey house.

If you can wait, I would hold out to see a sale price as I think the K5 is such step up from the K4. As others have said, just look to get the basic model, not the 'full control' package - they are just gimmicks at the end of the day.

wassie wrote: »
    Was looking at the K4 'Full Control' 2 years ago and Woodies had a great sale price of €260 for the basic K5 so I went with that.

Halfords currently have a 3 for 2 on all Karcher Accessories (*Mix & Match, Cheapest item Free. Discount applied in basket). I ended up buying from Halfords on sale the extension hose and extension arm for cleaning eaves 2 storey house.

If you can wait, I would hold out to see a sale price as I think the K5 is such step up from the K4. As others have said, just look to get the basic model, not the 'full control' package - they are just gimmicks at the end of the day.

thanks Wassie, I'm glad to hear that you think the K5 is worth the jump from the K4. I'm going to hold out for a while...... though not sure how long I'll last with little to no work to go to for the foreseeable and the good weather....... it just means stuff has to get power washed!!!! Thankfully golf is back next week to keep me a bit busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

We do a big power wash around our house twice a year normally on the bank holiday weekends. I have an electric powerwasher from Aldi. Generally electric powerwasher just aren't worth it when using it for cleaning concrete etc around a house. I just hire a Petrol powerwasher from local plant hire for 40 euro for the weekend and it's the only job. Just too slow with electric powerwasher. I wash the car with hose and have brush to clean it. Does the job

I have just seen this on ScrewFix, check it out.

wassie wrote: »

That as a good buy, especially the extension for the eves of the house...I could do with one of those. Will hold tough for awhile now, and see how it goes when they start working again.

• Advertisement

I have just seen this on ScrewFix, check it out.

yea seen that. i think i might go with that over the refurbished one, for the sake of about 30 bucks, i think it might be worth it

yea seen that. i think i might go with that over the refurbished one, for the sake of about 30 bucks, i think it might be worth it

When you add in the delivery costs plus new over refurbished model....Its what I'd be going for. Do the sums and see how it would work out for you.:)

When you add in the delivery costs plus new over refurbished model....Its what I'd be going for. Do the sums and see how it would work out for you.:)

actually its a bit cheaper, they are doing cash back on new models so will deffo be sticking with this. only thing is that it seems everyone is washing their driveways these days and everywhere is out of stock.... might be different next week when shops open up again. i also work very close to karcher @red cow so will pop by there for a look, though from recollection, they were always much more expensive to buy from.

Around my area, all the driveway etc washing was done a few weeks back. Haven’t seen anyone at it in a while.

When do the power hoses on amazon etc normally come in to bargain range? Or more likely, no such thing anymore with lack of production and all the stuff linked with corona.

Around my area, all the driveway etc washing was done a few weeks back. Haven’t seen anyone at it in a while.

When do the power hoses on amazon etc normally come in to bargain range? Or more likely, no such thing anymore with lack of production and all the stuff linked with corona.

Could be any one or all of the reasons you mention, Tom. Everything is up in the air now......

This one seems like a decent deal on Argos.

I think it's available for home delivery and there's talk Argos stores might be open soon too for collections.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=7869385&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »

I think it's available for home delivery and there's talk Argos stores might be open soon too for collections.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=7869385&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

Looks like a reasonable buy, it all depends ( doesn't everything LOL ) on how much use you have for it. I'd prefer something much stronger, and like a few others on here, I'll hold out for either the K4 or K5, ( most likely the K5 ) when screwfix open again.

NIMAN wrote: »

Looks decent alright. Haven’t really heard of spear and Jackson before. Yeah was trying to figure out if Argos would be somewhat open on the 18th. Where did you hear that talk?

Looks like a reasonable buy, it all depends ( doesn't everything LOL ) on how much use you have for it. I'd prefer something much stronger, and like a few others on here, I'll hold out for either the K4 or K5, ( most likely the K5 ) when screwfix open again.

Would agree about the K5, as the owner of one.

But the k5 is in a completely different price bracket than this one.

Thought it might be a bargain for someone who needs an entry level washer.

As for Argos opening, perhaps it was the uk ones I heard about.

a k5 there there now on the outlet which would work out about €280 delivered through PM if anyone is interested.
    I'm gonna wait till next week and see if shops have one here

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/subcat.asp?mID=Pressure-Washers&sID=K5-Pressure-Washers

a k5 there there now on the outlet which would work out about €280 delivered through PM if anyone is interested.
    I'm gonna wait till next week and see if shops have one here

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/subcat.asp?mID=Pressure-Washers&sID=K5-Pressure-Washers

Thanks for the head's up, Seve, I just checked that site, and here's what I came up with..£216, for a base K5...= €247 converted to Euro, plus shipping.......I think that I'll wait for screwfix, and a brand new model.

• Advertisement

that was an older model, the one i linked was newer but you have to be quick, they get snapped up, but keep checking as there have been a few there in the last few days

that was an older model, the one i linked was newer but you have to be quick, they get snapped up, but keep checking as there have been a few there in the last few days[/QUOTE
    Ah, that explains it so,,,,I was wondering. Yes, I'll keep an eye on it, and see what happens. maybe Screwfix will be back in action next week???

that was an older model, the one i linked was newer but you have to be quick, they get snapped up, but keep checking as there have been a few there in the last few days[/QUOTE
    Ah, that explains it so,,,,I was wondering. Yes, I'll keep an eye on it, and see what happens. maybe Screwfix will be back in action next week???

i hope so. i'll be going to woodies or B&Q anyway to see what they have. as I think they are opening Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Its a much messier job to clean the ground with a lance versus the patio cleaner.
    I also find it much easier to not miss bits, you basically just sweep the ground clean.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Its a much messier job to clean the ground with a lance versus the patio cleaner.
    I also find it much easier to not miss bits, you basically just sweep the ground clean.

Different circumstance's, different result. I was not impressed with the results that I got, ( but that could be just me) Maybe if the patio had been sprayed with a recommended cleaner first, and allowed to soften the staining / dirt, I might have gotten a better result. In my case anyway, one definite advantage of using the lance is that it cleans out the grooves between the slab's. I know that it spray's water everywhere, but in my situation, that's not so important..I start with my back facing the painted surface of the house / shed as the case may be, a "push" the debris away from the house, and it ends up in the grass. If and when the K5 materializes, I'll give it a try again. Would be great if I can get it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Different circumstance's, different result. I was not impressed with the results that I got, ( but that could be just me) Maybe if the patio had been sprayed with a recommended cleaner first, and allowed to soften the staining / dirt, I might have gotten a better result. In my case anyway, one definite advantage of using the lance is that it cleans out the grooves between the slab's. I know that it spray's water everywhere, but in my situation, that's not so important..I start with my back facing the painted surface of the house / shed as the case may be, a "push" the debris away from the house, and it ends up in the grass. If and when the K5 materializes, I'll give it a try again. Would be great if I can get it to work.

I used it just recently on imprinted concrete path that hadn't been touched in 50+ years and it worked really well, initially I was moving too quickly and it wasn't great but moving slowly worked really well.

The lance afterwards would be good if you had issues with the grooves.

woodies have the K5 at €299, best price i can find anywhere. I picked one up in Blanchardstown this afternoon, was a good few in stock. There is nothing in the documentation re the cash back on offer at the moment but ill follow that up.

got to play with it for a few minutes earlier. it is on a different level power wise to the K2, very glad I spent the extra few quid and upgraded. it did drain a half bottle of cleaner very quickly, i have to sus that out.

woodies have the K5 at €299, best price i can find anywhere. I picked one up in Blanchardstown this afternoon, was a good few in stock. There is nothing in the documentation re the cash back on offer at the moment but ill follow that up.

got to play with it for a few minutes earlier. it is on a different level power wise to the K2, very glad I spent the extra few quid and upgraded. it did drain a half bottle of cleaner very quickly, i have to sus that out.

Nothing wrong with that, for sure !!! Did you collect, or did they deliver??

Nothing wrong with that, for sure !!! Did you collect, or did they deliver??

tried for either but website was closed for orders. im only around the corner and went past at lunchtime but gave it a miss with the queue. went up at 5pm and might have been 20 minutes in the queue to get in so wasn't to bad

tried for either but website was closed for orders. im only around the corner and went past at lunchtime but gave it a miss with the queue. went up at 5pm and might have been 20 minutes in the queue to get in so wasn't to bad

I'll have to contact a friend to try and get me one...I'm well outside the 5 klm "de-militarized zone ". :mad:
    I found on the Woodies web site, two of them, the €299 one and a much more expensive one,,,,it has the fancy extras. So I selected the compare option, and guess what? For the €299 version, you get the the specs inc, BAR ( which is the most important one for me) but in the expensive one,BAR is not mentioned, just wattage...So I guess that they are hiding the fact that basically, both machines are the same pump and output-wise, but with different extras. Thanks again for the heads-up.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement