Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power hose

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think the only difference in the actual machine that I can figure out Anyway is the hose on my “cheap” one doesn’t come with the fancy spool you see on the videos. If you look close at the pictures you might be able to spot the reel on the more expensive one but the hose is just looped over the back of mine.

Other than that I think it is just the accessories ...... a patio cleaner and a bottle of fluid.... I don’t see the value for an extra 200 bucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think the only difference in the actual machine that I can figure out Anyway is the hose on my “cheap” one doesn’t come with the fancy spool you see on the videos. If you look close at the pictures you might be able to spot the reel on the more expensive one but the hose is just looped over the back of mine.

Other than that I think it is just the accessories ...... a patio cleaner and a bottle of fluid.... I don’t see the value for an extra 200 bucks

Yes, it was the same set up in B&Q last Christmas,,,the "Base" model for €200, special and the " Ful Control blah blah blash for €299,,,,,rotary brush ( for patio's ) some detergent and something else I can't thing of.....but the motor and pump were identical. I'm not a big fan of any power washer with the reel winder for the hose. I'd much prefer winding it loosely around the body of the washer less kinks etc. How do you find it now after a bit of work???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jmreire wrote: »
    Yes, it was the same set up in B&Q last Christmas,,,the "Base" model for €200, special and the " Ful Control blah blah blash for €299,,,,,rotary brush ( for patio's ) some detergent and something else I can't thing of.....but the motor and pump were identical. I'm not a big fan of any power washer with the reel winder for the hose. I'd much prefer winding it loosely around the body of the washer less kinks etc. How do you find it now after a bit of work???

hands up, i was working away for a few minutes and wondering WFT!!! its good, but not much better than the K2. then i realised that you can adjust the power on this one and i had it on low!!!

i got a small bit done last night as it was getting late but got into a bit more this evening and got the side path to the house blasted. i have a patio attachment. tried it and can say it was way better than the k2. then tried without the patio attachment....... different league on the dirt blaster setting. i know it is messier (though i see they have an attachment for that) but it does such a better job than the patio cleaner. i think the patio cleaner would be grand if you didn't have to shift stubborn stains!

on the k2 i had a dirt blaster and separate vario lance, this is a 3 in one lance and i was thinking that i might need to invest in a seperate dirt blaster at some stage as i did see some bundles come with them (possibly older versions) so i wasn't to sure if the dirtblaster would be an added benefit. have to say though i don't think the seperate lance could be any better... but maybe it is..... however a quick search and im not getting much info.

yesterday i used a bottle of stone cleaner that i had and it guzzled it. then i found out by browsing web that you can adjust the setting of the detergent dispensing so tried again tonight.... topped some up with water this time to test. man it still guzzled it even on low setting and to be honest, i think i got a better distribution with the K2 and it lasted much longer.

i work close to the karcher shop in red cow so at some stage i will pop in there and ask about the dirt blaster lance and the settings for the detergent.

also thinking about getting a foaming attachment though i think there might be spurious ones which are much better that the karcher....... does anyone have one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Seve OB wrote: »
    hands up, i was working away for a few minutes and wondering WFT!!! its good, but not much better than the K2. then i realised that you can adjust the power on this one and i had it on low!!!

i got a small bit done last night as it was getting late but got into a bit more this evening and got the side path to the house blasted. i have a patio attachment. tried it and can say it was way better than the k2. then tried without the patio attachment....... different league on the dirt blaster setting. i know it is messier (though i see they have an attachment for that) but it does such a better job than the patio cleaner. i think the patio cleaner would be grand if you didn't have to shift stubborn stains!

on the k2 i had a dirt blaster and separate vario lance, this is a 3 in one lance and i was thinking that i might need to invest in a seperate dirt blaster at some stage as i did see some bundles come with them (possibly older versions) so i wasn't to sure if the dirtblaster would be an added benefit. have to say though i don't think the seperate lance could be any better... but maybe it is..... however a quick search and im not getting much info.

yesterday i used a bottle of stone cleaner that i had and it guzzled it. then i found out by browsing web that you can adjust the setting of the detergent dispensing so tried again tonight.... topped some up with water this time to test. man it still guzzled it even on low setting and to be honest, i think i got a better distribution with the K2 and it lasted much longer.

i work close to the karcher shop in red cow so at some stage i will pop in there and ask about the dirt blaster lance and the settings for the detergent.

also thinking about getting a foaming attachment though i think there might be spurious ones which are much better that the karcher....... does anyone have one?

For the foaming attachment, I have only ever seen them used in car washes, but I guess that they could be used to spray patio's wall's etc. before blasting with the lance. If you are washing the car though, make sure that the power is turned down while cleaning the paint work,,,any repainted areas may not have the same adhesion qualities as the original factory finish, and high pressure spraying might lift the paint/ lacquer etc. Google "WISH" for foaming attachments suitable for Karcher, They have them for about €20, I think.
    I will use the same kit that I have from the K3.55, lances etc. They should be able to handle the extra power etc.

Advertisement