Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

How about a pyramid session of 200/400/600/800? 200 and 400s slighty quicker than goal pace and the 600/800s slightly slower?

That would be a tougie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

How about a pyramid session of 200/400/600/800? 200 and 400s slighty quicker than goal pace and the 600/800s slightly slower?

That would be a tougie.

Recoveries would be what C? Do you double up on the 800's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Lazare wrote: »
    Also tested out my route. It's a cracking route, I'm blessed with it.

Pancake flat quiet country road, tarmac all the way. Road is exactly a mile long.

Started off under the shade of a big tree, finished under another one, exactly at a STOP sign.

If anyone is within 5km of Celbridge I'd definitely recommend it. Simmonstown Manor the road is called.

He’ll find something wrong with it C, wait and see!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

May be a few of us that will discover a love for a new distance after this.

Kinda like this mile stuff. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Careful or you won't have a training plan for next week

Hmmm were you told to tell me this:eek:

OOnegative wrote: »
    He’ll find something wrong with it C, wait and see!!!

He just gave me kudos on it.

Phew. I'm in the clear :p

He just gave me kudos on it.

Phew. I'm in the clear :p

Oh don’t fall for that, he’ll lull you into a false sense of security then take you out at the knees!!!

Double up on the 800s; recoveries the same as the reps as you would be fairly moving during the reps. That would be my take on it; shorter speed pyramids are not something we typically do so open to suggestions on this. Will be winging it on the 30th with my extremely limited (1 outing) mile experience!

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Recoveries would be what C? Do you double up on the 800's?

Double up on the 800s; recoveries the same as the reps as you would be fairly moving during the reps. That would be my take on it; shorter speed pyramids are not something we typically do so open to suggestions on this. Will be winging it on the 30th with my extremely limited (1 outing) mile experience!

One outing which you ran very well! Ah I'll give that one a lash. I'm just doing sessions in a very random way at the moment mixing paces and duration. It's hugely enjoyable if not race distance specific.

• Advertisement

Remember that quote on the 30th when you get that metallic taste of blood in your mouth with 250m to go and all you want is for the mile to be over.
    May be a few of us that will discover a love for a new distance after this.

Kinda like this mile stuff. :)

Remember that quote on the 30th when you get that metallic taste of blood in your mouth with 250m to go and all you want is for the mile to be over.

I didn't want to tell him....:pac::pac::pac:

Ha! The pain is the drug lads. :pac:

Well, the buzz when the pain is gone.

Without doubt the most b*llixed I was after any race last year was the mile.....different gravy for us plodder lads.

Pretty much follow the same approach as you just now S. Throwing random sessions in there.

I didn't want to tell him....:pac::pac::pac:

Oh, meant to say Murph's tip about using a 1m workout worked a treat.

Using an FR235.

You need to delete warm up and cool down.

Using an FR235.

Did you have to make any adjustments to Strava or your watch to make it show net elevation under the elevation gain heading on Strava?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭MY BAD

The thought of attempting 4x 74-75s with no recovery is daunting

Using an FR235.

Yeah and on my session today I confirmed that on a 645 you have to manually stop it. However the workout will show on Garmin separate to the distance/time elapsed between completing the distance and stopping the watch.

Did you have to make any adjustments to Strava or your watch to make it show net elevation under the elevation gain heading on Strava?

No, didn't do anything knowingly to affect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

MY BAD wrote: »

We could just do a Ross Barkley on it and hope that the powers that be somehow miss it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

We could just do a Ross Barkley on it and hope that the powers that be somehow miss it

Lol good luck... Eagle eyes here

• Advertisement

MY BAD wrote:

Don't forget the extra few metres beyond 1600. Would hate to see you run a 5.02 ;)

No, didn't do anything knowingly to affect that.

A lot of watches show gross elevation gain on the summary report for an activity. The mile splits always show net I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yeah and on my session today I confirmed that on a 645 you have to manually stop it. However the workout will show on Garmin separate to the distance/time elapsed between completing the distance and stopping the watch.

Sounds a bit dodge!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Sounds a bit dodge!

Him all over D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭healy1835

Stick me down for 5:15. M39 :)

healy1835 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/8cxNNzdp8eU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

When I was doing similar pyramid sessions previously it would have been recovery the same as the distance of the rep alright

No

Don't forget the extra few metres beyond 1600. Would hate to see you run a 5.02 ;)
    Isn't this a metric mile TT? :D

Isn't this a metric mile TT? :D

Aw Jaysus :rolleyes: Between this and Healy putting in a time for 2k my patience is wearing thin. :pac:

• Advertisement

MY BAD wrote:
    Isn't this a

I'll refer to my better half for guidance. Lol. Skyblue?

I'll refer to my better half for guidance. Lol. Skyblue?

Yeah he can do a metric mile....

.....over on the metric mile TT thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ByrneDCMbrian

Hi folks never did a 1mile TT but I'm going to go for 6.50 if you can stick me in the table please

Aw Jaysus :rolleyes: Between this and Healy putting in a time for 2k my patience is wearing thin. :pac:

A Scandinavian mile was one of the voting options just to add more confusion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I notice the official poll results have not been disclosed. I smell a rat!

Here you go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Hopefully not a repeat of last time. When updating the table could one of the gents that are organising this put me down for 5:15 please?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Hopefully not a repeat of last time. When updating the table could one of the gents that are organising this put me down for 5:15 please?

Will do. Any idea on a course?

A Scandinavian mile was one of the voting options just to add more confusion ;)

Feel free to do that one....36 mins sounds a fair target?

• Advertisement

No

Woah, woah, woah! How come I get the guff for a 5:15 prediction? Me; an almost 40 year old novice who's never ran a mile before :( All this when other posters, who I won't call out

(one is named after a pretty flaky midfielder who, a couple of brilliant cameos aside, including an amazing 1st half that unfortunately was ended by injury the night Porto equalised in the last minute at OT and Jose came into our collective consciousness, was so ****e they named him twice)

, have ran a Berlin Marathon qualifying time this year and get away scot-free with posting a 5:30 target!?
    Absolutely outrageous.

Woah, woah, woah! How come I get the guff for a 5:15 prediction? Me; an almost 40 year old novice who's never ran a mile before :( All this when other posters, who I won't call out

(one is named after a pretty flaky midfielder who, a couple of brilliant cameos aside, including an amazing 1st half that unfortunately was ended by injury the night Porto equalised in the last minute at OT and Jose came into our collective consciousness, was so ****e they named him twice)

, have ran a Berlin Marathon qualifying time this year and get away scot-free with posting a 5:30 target!?
    Absolutely outrageous.

This is a very valid point. It does indeed seem a greater crime than yours. In my defence I will argue that I don't know the background of all the posters here. The only solution to this is for others to follow your very fine example and blow the cover of any similar levels of skullduggery. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

ran 2k hard yesterday for a club duathlon ( virtual ) will not be getting within an asses roar of 5.30 ! but il leave it at that for motivation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Can someone put me in for 4.59, m45 ( **** thats scary when I see it written down, Im 23 in my head)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Absolutely outrageous.

I am not sure who you are hinting at here. :D

But I would imagine they took their 5km time (which was 20 seconds slower than predicted time) and divided by 3 and took another bit off to arrive at that predicted time.

I would imagine that is what happened but as I don't know who you are referring too I couldn't be certain.

On a side note I am Off to check how you rereg.

On a side note I am Off to check how you rereg.

We'll keep an eye out for new user, scholes scholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

We'll keep an eye out for new user, scholes scholes

No Scholes was good at football, maybe the equally useless Kleberson of around the same era. Rather unkindly nicknamed Klebfoot by the "fans".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Ran a mile this morning as a tester route but I was quickly pulled up by the Gestapo running police pointing out it was 0.99mi...

This was only a tester! Imagine what they will be like on the real day:eek:

This was only a tester! Imagine what they will be like on the real day

Worse........ Much much worse.........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Ah feck it, I'll give it a go.

I put the 5k TT result into McMillan and it came back with a 1 mile of 10.17 :eek: I'm going to round it down to 10.20 as if it makes a difference :pac: and hope that's okay.

I've spent the last week thinking about it, and eyeing up the routes while out. It's hard to find any where that's not a hill within 5km. I think I've found somewhere on Strava, it's an industrial estate though, so hopefully I won't be murdered. Though some one chasing me might push me on :pac: Not entirely sure it's even and can't try it out before the big day, so what will be will be.

Going to go back to page 1 and find out what to do :)

Oh...Female 43 :o

ultrapercy wrote: »
    No Scholes was good at football, maybe the equally useless Kleberson of around the same era. Rather unkindly nicknamed Klebfoot by the "fans".

Dong Dong maybe...although some might take offence :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement