Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Reccomendation

Options
  • 03-05-2020 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Looking for something more durable for boreens and light gravel that you might get on Ireland's backroads for my Endurace. Not hugely into cyclocross, but would be cool to be able.

Currently running 28c GP5000 and they're fantastic but definitely felt like I took my life into my hands descending down the gravel path of Kippure!

Tanwall obviously a huge plus.

Some of the things I was looking at:
    • Schwalbe G-One Allround LiteSkin V-Guard Gravel

• Panaracer Gravel TLC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Altheus wrote: »
    Looking for something more durable for boreens and light gravel that you might get on Ireland's backroads for my Endurace. Not hugely into cyclocross, but would be cool to be able.

Currently running 28c GP5000 and they're fantastic but definitely felt like I took my life into my hands descending down the gravel path of Kippure!

Tanwall obviously a huge plus.

Some of the things I was looking at:
    • Schwalbe G-One Allround LiteSkin V-Guard Gravel

• Panaracer Gravel TLC

Are you talking about the road up to Kippure mast? For that there is no need for gravel/cx tyres as it's not loose enough. For road with debris like that I'd reccomend conti 4 seasons Michelin power endurance v2. Consider tubeless aswell to deal with potholes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Thanks Tony - gonna run tubeless. Opted for the Gravelkings as they've some lovely colour editions. Will let you know how I get on.

Advertisement