Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Balance 860 v10 Replacement

Options
  • 03-05-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi Guys.
    I have been wearing New Balance 860s for a number of years and have always found them very good, however I find that the new V10s are not as good or supportive. I have been wearing them since January, doing about 20 miles a week. I have been developing knee pain while wearing them. When I contacted a local informative shoe shop, they tell me
    "They’ve removed the t-beam plastic shank in the sole unit which has left the shoe more fluid moving but the trade off in that is less stability. A lot of brands doing that recently"
    Recommended replacements that would offer similar support to the pre-V10 860s would be the Brooks Beast or Adrenaline or the Asics Keyano.
    Unfortunately with the lock down, I wont be able to get a Gait Scan done anytime soon. Any advice as to a shoe that would be as supportive as the old 860s? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Did you find a pair? I bought v10s recently, happy enough with them but curious to know if there’s alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Did you find a pair? I bought v10s recently, happy enough with them but curious to know if there’s alternatives.

V10's are a good price on Sportspursuit site.

Advertisement