Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why won't FF and FG rely on independent TDs to support government?

Options
  • 03-05-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Considering the outcry that acquiescence to the Greens' demands would cause in rural areas, why don't FF and FG form a minority coalition government with the support of independent TDs (an option that seems to be 'the elephant in the room')?

Éamon Ryan and his party colleagues are out of touch with reality outside Irish cities.

Therefore, even relying on Lowry and Healy-Rae for support has to be a better option than coalition with the Greens!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

By going with the Greens, they only have to keep the Greens happy.

By relying on Indies, they have to keep all of them happy and all of them have different interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Could you imagine if Government stability was based on the support of Danny Healy Rae :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Could you imagine if Government stability was based on the support of Danny Healy Rae :eek:

Considering the option on the table, I think id rather that than the greens, and I am in no way a fan of fairy forts having magical powers or drink driving licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Considering the option on the table, I think id rather that than the greens, and I am in no way a fan of fairy forts having magical powers or drink driving licences.

Looks more and more like those cretin posh flower power hippies are getting into government despite voters voting 94% against them. Does our vote mean anything at all? .
    It won’t bother me because i’m quite comfortable but I feel sorry for people in rural areas, i regularly check on a man nearing 80 who lives on his own relies on coal etc to heat his home ( already added 2.70 on a bag with carbon tax). He also relies on his car to get around, especially shopping all on a pension. Soon he may not be able to afford to use it and could lose his freedom because of those cretins. There’s enough misery with this virus for them without this cult getting power , stomping their feet with demands.

The likes of the greens and climate change idiots don’t give a dam about people , absolutely not a dam. They are materialistic and will do what it takes to make their precious grass to grow a little greener.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Problem with rural independent TDs is they'd want every kind of daft parish pump thing you can think of going.

We'd have all the crap about 'downgrading' rural hospitals for a start despite the unambiguous evidence that it's not safe to do many types of surgery unless there is the throughput you only get from a larger hospital, such as that in a city, for example.

The solution is another election, where this time we might actually vote for some sort of Government as opposed to voting against Fine Gael and to a lesser extent, Fianna Fáil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Democracy at work. Independents not needed once the Greens are in. Plenty of seats up for grab at the next election. And we will see how brave S.F. are in the number of candidates they run

Advertisement