Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone any advice between these two laptops?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amdaley28

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Looks like at least another 7-10 days before delivery :( asked on livechat this morning

Still says "Order will be delivered on 27th May" on the site for the silver version & 3rd June for the space grey ?
    Maybe it was the space grey version live chat was talking about ?

(EDIT) I have just been on to them & "Some Magic Book will be shipped on 27th and 3rd of June, depending on the model."
    That is shipping from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No sign of shipping for me yet anyway, I thought it would be delivered today going by the site.

McMurphy wrote: »
    No sign of shipping for me yet anyway, I thought it would be delivered today going by the site.

Long weekend in UK probably upset their timeline. It also says "Awaiting delivery"
    Its reduced by £5 on the site right now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Long weekend in UK probably upset their timeline. It also says "Awaiting delivery"
    Its reduced by £5 on the site right now ?

I have just contacted them via live chat, this is the response

"Thanks, your order has been confirmed on our systems, shipment is usually within 1-2 working days, but please allow for a slight delay as we have had an influx of orders since the site launch last week, I'd imagine the order to ship by the end of the week, you will receive a shipment email with a tracking number once this has been dispatched"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

useeme wrote: »
    I have just contacted them via live chat, this is the response

"Thanks, your order has been confirmed on our systems, shipment is usually within 1-2 working days, but please allow for a slight delay as we have had an influx of orders since the site launch last week, I'd imagine the order to ship by the end of the week, you will receive a shipment email with a tracking number once this has been dispatched"

was given the same response yesterday. Seems deal with the free gifts is no longer available. I was on early and it was first 50 pcs sold, then it went to 150 then 200. They must have been getting a good bit of interest on the website.

bit of patience lads, you got a bargain.

glasso wrote: »
    bit of patience lads, you got a bargain.

I'm easy, it'll get here when it gets here but I can understand the anxiety :)
    I hadn't noticed that the free gift offer had ended until ClaptonBay said it.

EDIT: It also says the item is in stock.
    https://www.hihonor.com/unitedkingdom/product/honor-magicbook-14
    It says "Order will be delivered on 27th May"
    Is that next May or do they have time travel :D

Package now with DHL

Package now with DHL

Same here.
    Where's your order coming in to ?
    Mine is through Parcel Wizard.

• Advertisement

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Same here.
    Where's your order coming in to ?
    Mine is through Parcel Wizard.

Parcelmotel. Looks like it will be Wednesday before i recieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Received my Huawei Matebook today (same as the Magicbook).

Only finished setting it up now. It's a lovely laptop. Light, nice design, quick. Still very early days but looking forward to getting it fully setup with the apps I bought it for.

Special thanks to glasso for all the advice on it.

Parcelmotel. Looks like it will be Wednesday before i recieve it.

Did ye order the silver one? Ordered the space grey hasn't shipped yet

Did ye order the silver one? Ordered the space grey hasn't shipped yet

Same here.

The web site says the grey one is in stock but I remember it did say June 3rd originally.

Mine has arrived at Heathrow, so should have my hands on it by Fri all going well.

My pal who ordered the same day as me got his this morning, says he's extremely impressed with it, and can't believe the quality of both it, and the smart watch.

Am I imagining things or do they have a backlit keyboard? He doesn't think his is backlit, but knowing him, he probably hasn't worked out how to turn that feature on.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Mine has arrived at Heathrow, so should have my hands on it by Fri all going well.

My pal who ordered the same day as me got his this morning, says he's extremely impressed with it, and can't believe the quality of both it, and the smart watch.

Am I imagining things or do they have a backlit keyboard? He doesn't think his is backlit, but knowing him, he probably hasn't worked out how to turn that feature on.

Mine arrived in Belfast on Monday & was delivered by DPD to me in the South West yesterday.
    Set up in very quick time with no problem.
    Cracking little laptop. Very high quality.
    Thanks to Glasso for the advice on this.

Yes it does have a backlit keyboard. F3 controls it. Off / Mid / High.

Haven't opened the watch box yet as I'm undecided whether I'll keep it or not.

Recieved mine yesterday. Happy enough with it.

Thanks Glasso for the tip!

Had a quick mess around with it there. Perfect for our needs here. Cheers for the tip. Not sure on the watch yet either, will look up some reviews before i think about opening it otherwise will sell it on. All in all happy out.

Had a quick mess around with it there. Perfect for our needs here. Cheers for the tip. Not sure on the watch yet either, will look up some reviews before i think about opening it otherwise will sell it on. All in all happy out.

Some good reviews on the watch but its really a fitness watch as such.
    It depends on your age I suppose & whether you're into fitness or not.

Got mine yesterday, couldn't believe it when I felt all the weight of the box :eek:

First impressions, very very impressed with it, cracking little laptop, I fired it up yesterday for a bit just to see what was installed on it upon starting it up, didn't need to do too much to it apart from tinker around with some settings.

Don't know if I like the recessed webcam, but then again I'm not one for ever using them anyway, so no big deal either way for me.

The backpack is nice and the laptop is kept safe and secure inside (nicer and more discreet than a dedicated laptop bag) but I doubt very much if I'd have paid the £39.99 on the website for it.

The watch for me was the thing that got me over the line, haven't really sussed it out proper yet, but I did take the dog on an extended walk last night and it was nice to look back at my route, how far I went, calories/steps etc.

I will Google it today, for further tips and tricks with it, but so far really impressed..

Cracking deal, really pleased with it, and if I get as long out of this as I got with my Asus I'll be doing well.

Thanks again for the recommendation Glasso.

• Advertisement

Has anyone been having wifi issues on the magicbook?the connection keeps dropping as it seems to be trying to connect with other WiFi networks yet I've only connected it to our WiFi.. incredibly frustrating. I've unticked the connect automatically option on the other networks but it's not reading it and it's still ticked when I go back into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Has anyone been having wifi issues on the magicbook?the connection keeps dropping as it seems to be trying to connect with other WiFi networks yet I've only connected it to our WiFi.. incredibly frustrating. I've unticked the connect automatically option on the other networks but it's not reading it and it's still ticked when I go back into it?

None for me. But I did notice there is a WiFi driver update available, so it might be worth trying that?

No problem here either I have to say.
    Just something to check.
    Sorry if you already know this.

Right click on the Wi-Fi icon down the right hand corner of the screen.
    Select Open Network & Internet Settings.
    Under status look for & click on Show available networks.
    Highlight your home network & press Properties.
    Make sure that Connect automatically when in range is switched to ON.
    Further down the page you should see all the information about the network you are connected to.

Tony.

Advertisement