Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another General election?

Options
  • 03-05-2020 5:53pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I can't see the Vegetables/Green going into power. The SDP seems to have disappeared.That leaves FG/FF relying on independents. Not viable in my view.
    I can see a second general election. It would offer some amusement?!
    In such an outcome I would see the Greens slaughtered.FG would gain seats . Beyond that not so sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can't see an election with Covid-19, social distancing, cocooning etc. Not in the next few months anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

What difference would a general election make to the numbers now? Maybe when the dire economic fallout of COVID19 kicks in next year we will witness a change in Irish politics so profound you will barely recognise the country anymore. There will be an apocalyptic change in World politics post virus.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I just can't see the Greens doing a deal. That poses a major problem. More reports of unease in the green party this morning. Their deputy leader voted against talks with FG .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Already being discussed here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069718

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement