Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a haircut! Bad!

Options
  • 03-05-2020 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, does someone know if there is a barber open in Dublin during the lockdown? ..probably not I know but Im desperate..I look like Tom Hanks in Cast away..and not at the beginning of the movie..I really need someone who can cut cut my hair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,100 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hairdressers, barbers not due to re-open until Phase 4, approximately 20th July:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/news/58bc8b-taoiseach-announces-roadmap-for-reopening-society-and-business-and-u/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Best bet, buy a head clipper online with a high number and just do a DIY for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Best bet, buy a head clipper online with a high number and just do a DIY for the moment.

I'm currently between 0-0.5 myself. Get at it once a week. Gonna keep it up now even when things return to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just get a razor OP.

It’s not difficult.

I’ll not be returning to barbershop after this. Herself can manage the razor perfect.

€26, free delivery and I’ve used it twice since lockdown so it’s essentially paid for already.

Say lots of folk who opt for basic cuts like myself won’t be returning after they realise how easy home cuts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm just doing blade 2 all over. It actually looks way better than I thought it would. It's not that hard to cut hard to an OK standard if you have a fairly straight-forward cut and someone to cut it for you either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Homelander wrote: »
    I'm just doing blade 2 all over. It actually looks way better than I thought it would.
    It can be a shock that you get used to very quickly. Each blade is 1/8 inch longer, and you coincidentally grow this in a week on average.

So if you dare to go to a #1 it will be a #2 in a weeks time.

A #2 or #3 is a decent cut which will not turn heads these days, years ago I would have difficulty getting into a pub with a #3 all over.

If you go to a #4 I find it sticks out too much, it is also harder to cut properly. I consider a #1 to be the easiest, if you shave with no guard (which I do) you have to be a bit more exact & careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭CarPark2

_Brian wrote: »
    Just get a razor OP.

It’s not difficult.

I’ll not be returning to barbershop after this. Herself can manage the razor perfect.

€26, free delivery and I’ve used it twice since lockdown so it’s essentially paid for already.

Say lots of folk who opt for basic cuts like myself won’t be returning after they realise how easy home cuts are.

Where did you buy? What make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Anyone notice M O'L the other day ?

512988.jpg

Corona cut ?

:D

Advertisement