Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will this setup work? Vodafone VOIP and Eir

• 03-05-2020 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently changed to Vodafone FTTH from Eir's FTTH.

I don't like the router from Vodafone and want to keep the F2000 from Eir. I finally got the settings working on F2000 for Vodafone, having had the username and passwords in the wrong place... doh.

Anyhow, the VOIP from Vodafone (with my landline plugged into the F2000) isn't working. I guess it's the Vodafone settings that are missing from the F2000 and from the little research I did, Vodafone don't give these out?

if that's the case will this work and if so what is the best way to set it up?

1. Have the Vodafone Gigabit router act as the OTN coming into the house and plug in the landline into that.

2. Have a cable run from the Gigabit into the Internet port of the F2000 and then have that act as the main internet around the house?

3. Make sure the F2000 is on a separate network: 192.168.2.1 and the Gigabit on 192.168.1.1

Would that work? I am not all that proficient in networking so just trying to work this through first.

In case you may be wondering why I am swapping routers... I have a Netgear extender which just wouldn't stay connected to the Gigabit and dropped twice a day. The IP cameras I had connected to it just wouldn't then reconnect. Going back to the Eir F2000 router and all is as it should be.

Thanks in advance for your help and input.

Advertisement