Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Controller keeps disconnecting from XB1X

• 04-05-2020 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hello,

It's been a while since I played on XB1, and this is happening a lot today. I play a bit and then controller disconnects. Game pauses, says "Reconnect your controller to continue". After a while, it reconnects automatically.

This is happening with two different controllers, in different games!

Another thing I find odd: seems like the disconnection happens less often when there are cutscenes, and I'm not pushing any buttons. I'll do some timing to make sure this is not accidental.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Comments

Have you tried new batteries? Only time I've ever seen disconnect issues like this is when the rechargeable batteries are dud, as in they say 100% but in reality arent holding their charge anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I don't think it's the batteries. And here's why:
    1. one of the two controllers with the issue is a brand new Elite v2, which I leave on the charging stand overnight, and it is fully charged.
    2. the issue happens with two different controllers, within the same time period.
    3. the controller reconnects automatically after a short wait. I don't even do anything with it anymore: when the message pops, I take a sip of water until the controller gets reconnected, then continue playing.
    4. same controllers have no problem staying connected to a PC.

I think the problem could be the X itself.
    It looks like the issue is still happening, but not as bad as before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If it's happening with relatively new controllers, then it sounds like the comms board, or the connection to it, might be dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I am not familiar with the insides of the console. Is the "comms board" a part of the console hardware?

I am still curious why the issue has such insane timing. For example, sometimes I can play for hours without a single disconnection. Other times, it disconnects very frequently. I cannot seem to find a pattern.

Yesterday, when it started happening often, I switched from the Elite to the standard XB1X controller, and even tried it wired. Still had the issue happening.

Advertisement