Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSB T&G timber subfloor - glue type for the edges?

Options
  • 04-05-2020 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

As per the title, I was after the best glue to use to glue the edges of the OSB T&G.

To give a better overview of the of construction I'm using is the T&G on top of acoustic tape so I wouldn't be gluing the boards down directly to the joists and then using decking screws to fix the OSB T&G down.

Then acoustic overlay with the laminate flooring on top.

I was going to use normal wood glue or construction adhesive but I feel the construction adhesive would be a little thick to seat the tongue and groove into place.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I use Titebond II.

I'm not sure what sort of "best" you're after, but it's cheap and easy to clean up and has a nicely shaped dispenser tip thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

So that's just a wood adhesive. American brand if I'm not mistaken? Although it is available on Amazon to buy.

There's a third version out now. As far as I can see it's water proof as opposed to water resistant whatever that's suppose to mean.

I've Everbuild 502 wood adhesive on hand here.

Best as in a good performer is what I meant.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

https://www.thecarpentrystore.com/ is good for glue. They're in Mass.

I'm sure that Everbuild stuff is grand. This isn't a very demanding application.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

The II is out of stock in the bottle size I was after.

No worries, I'll go with the 502. It's meant for external anyway so any cups of spilt tea won't have an affect on it.

Advertisement