Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zooplus Delivery Problem

• 04-05-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having problems with Zooplus DPD delivery?

I tried to place my usual order but ended up having to split in two as I was told the parcel was too heavy for DPD to deliver. It was well under the 31kg weight limit. I definitely selected DPD delivery for both orders. I've just noticed the are now coming with Yodel, but have not been charged the 4.99 shipping fee for either, even though they are under 60 Euro.

Around here Yodel means Fastway. I've had huge problems before getting the driver to actually turn up rather than drop my parcels at some random shop ten miles away and then text me to say he has left them there. The last time I accidentally chose them for a Zooplus delivery he told me that he was only contracted to deliver a certain amount of packages that day and didn't actually have to come out with it to me. :mad:

I rang Zooplus and they cannot change it. They could only offer to cancel and try again but said that depending on the warehouse it might default to Yodel again. I don't have a car and urgently need the food. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stop shopping with any retailers that use Fastfail, it's the only way to deal with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I usually try to avoid them but Zooplus are the only place I can get prescription food at a reasonable price plus food my fussy cat needs to hide her meds in.. I've never had this issue before when I selected DPD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Ordered recently and got dpd, I'd say you'll have to follow the advice they've given and cancel and re order, can't see any other option?

Fastway are useless, nationwide wherever I've lived, east coast, west coast, Midlands, useless

Unfortunately I'm nearly out of food and don't have the money to reorder before I get a refund so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best and argue with the driver if necessary.

The last time Yodel delivery would have actually come faster than DPD, if he had delivered it on the day it was out for delivery.

I received my first dispatch email this morning which included the following:
    Important information concerning your delivery service provider:

Due to unforeseen circumstances we can only ensure timely delivery of your current order with a different delivery service to the one you selected. We will refund any difference in the charges between the two services. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

So it looks like there is some logistical issue with DPD rather than just a glitch in the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

All the courier companies are overloaded at the moment, including An Post. I have had more deliveries recently in unmarked vans / cars and rental vehicles than ever before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My brother in law has taken a temporary job delivering parcels as his usual work is not operating. He's had to return a few parcels to the depot because they've no eircode and the people don't answer when rang. I'd say just try to be patient with them for a little while as currently their workload is greater than Christmas/black Friday. Its not their fault all the shops are closed.

Advertisement