Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft 2020 - THE SLAMMIES

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Probably easy to guess the top three :D

But coming in a very respectable THIRD PLACE, with 77 points in total:

BEAKERJOE!!!

Congratulations to Joe on magnificent polling.

But that brings us down to TWO...

Which means, it is between the reigning champ Mr.Nice Guy and Bounty Hunter, also a former champion.

Who will be the champ?

Will it be the five time, five time, FIVE TIME CHAMP of PW Boards Drafting fame, Mr. Nice Guy?

giphy.gif

OR....

Will it be the former champ BH, another veteran of the PW Boards Draft, and already holder of the Best Roster Award for 2020....

8EIp.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

200.gif

The winner of BEST OVERALL, AND BECOMING THE

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

PW BOARDS DRAFT CHAMPION.....

tenor.gif

With a HUGE score of 90 points...

BOUNTY HUNTER!!!!

giphy.gif

It's also only fair to state that in SECOND PLACE:

Mr.Nice Guy - 78 POINTS!!

And thus concludes the 2020 PW Boards Draft. I hope you all enjoyed partaking as much as I did in running in it.

Till next year though, say hello to your new Champion...

BOUNTY HUNTER!!

anigif_enhanced-20886-1421037725-18.gif

Almost didn't take part in the draft this year for the first time as I didn't think I'd have the time!

Cheers Necro and thanks to anyone who voted for the BWA. Great standard all round this year imo

Best Roster:

Name Score
    BH 94
    MNG 58
    Brad 49
    Necro 45
    beaker 44
    TBC 39
    brianregan 36
    Lord TSC 28
    Hammer of the Clods 28
    Hello 2D 27
    Furious Red 19
    PTH 16
    ShagNastii 16
    NITRO95 13
    daithi1989 13
    JP Liz V1 4

Best Write-Ups:

Name Score
    beaker 99
    BH 96
    MNG 77
    Necro 62
    Brad 61
    TBC 43
    PTH 38
    daithi 17
    brianregan 16
    Lord TSC 15
    Hello 2D 10
    Liz 8

Best Overall:

Name Score
    BH 90
    MNG 78
    beaker 77
    Brad 65
    Necro 63
    TBC 41
    PTH 33
    brianregan 25
    daithi 9
    Lord TSC 9
    Hello 2D 9
    Furious Red 7
    Hammer of the Clods 6
    ShagNastii 6
    JP Liz 4
    NITRO95 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congratulations Winners and Thanks Necro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Firstly congrats to BH. He got top spot for me in each of the 3 big categories. For my money he deserved the top prize. Is this your second or third win?

Delighted with best write ups. Its the one prize I always want to win so thank you. The cherry on top is that Flair got best bady guy and Adam Cole won Superstar of the year. I had a blast writing the feud, with my other half providing great input on how to book certain parts ( it was her idea to book the Baker heel turn and provided the oral examination line).

Congrats to all the winners, esp BH, a deserving Le Champione.

Thanks Necro, loved this game. Wouldnt be against a game in September if we are still on lockdown.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Thanks Necro, loved this game. Wouldnt be against a game in September if we are still on lockdown.

We shall see. Depends on if the Fantasy Wrestling league makes a reappearance this year (hint hint MNG ) :D

Well done to one and all. I've really enjoyed 'hanging out' with ye all the last while, a bunch of good eggs.

Fairest of f*cks Bounty Hunter, worthy winner (got my number 1 vote in each of the main categories). Gallant efforts MNG and Beaker pushing a stellar roster like Bounty's so close.

And thanks to our very own Vinny Mc for running a great show, I've thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of months.

stone-cold-steve-austin-beer-diet-explanationjpg.jpg

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Firstly congrats to BH. He got top spot for me in each of the 3 big categories. For my money he deserved the top prize. Is this your second or third win?

Delighted with best write ups. Its the one prize I always want to win so thank you. The cherry on top is that Flair got best bady guy and Adam Cole won Superstar of the year. I had a blast writing the feud, with my other half providing great input on how to book certain parts ( it was her idea to book the Baker heel turn and provided the oral examination line).

Congrats to all the winners, esp BH, a deserving Le Champione.

2nd and given I've been involved every year thats not exactly unbelievable but I'm delighted with it
    giphy.gif

No lie but as soon as I read your build up show and the Flair/Cole write up I thought I was playing for 2nd place this year.

I think most of my top 3 votes this year went for you, MNG and TBC but I could be mistaken given how many times I changed my mind before finally sending them in

I just relaised BH won while having a newborn.

I was in the same position for my first win. Its some feat. Inhuman stuff writing so well while caring for your other half and new puddin. Im even more impressed.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I just relaised BH won while having a newborn.

I was in the same position for my first win. Its some feat. Inhuman stuff writing so well while caring for your other half and new puddin. Im even more impressed.

Cheers man, the draft has kept me sane (cheers again Necro) as it gave me a much needed distraction the past few months (lil man is now 3mths). The great thing with the draft was how it was running for so long while never needing a massive amount at any one time, spread the work out, doing a small bit each time I got a chance.

Here's a question actually. Has Boards ever had an E-Fed or is the Draft the closest that we come to it?

I see some forums have huge buy-in to E-Feds, though it is a lot of work that being said. But something to ponder as there is some serious quality of writers here, very very creative.

Is their a list of former winners handy anywhere?

beakerjoe wrote:
    Is their a list of former winners handy anywhere?

MNG usually has it handy but I'll go grab it. Give me er..

5 mins given the speeds of the site currently :pac:

Here we go:

2008 - RebelRockChick
    2009 - flahavaj
    2010 - Gerard.C
    2011 - flahavaj
    2012 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2013 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2014 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2015 - Bounty Hunter
    2016 - beakerjoe
    2017 - beakerjoe
    2018 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2019 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2020 - Bounty Hunter

So BH joins beaker and flahavaj as a TWO time Draft Champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Necro wrote: »
    Here's a question actually. Has Boards ever had an E-Fed or is the Draft the closest that we come to it?

I see some forums have huge buy-in to E-Feds, though it is a lot of work that being said. But something to ponder as there is some serious quality of writers here, very very creative.

Yeah I recall something like that a few years back, I think some people signed up to book RAW one after the other but I don't remember if it lasted too long.

I really enjoyed this year's Draft, thanks for running it Necro. It was great to see so many still involved with write-ups & voting. I'd be tempted to create a Boards Draft mod for TEW, fill the rosters with some undrafted names & sim everything for a year to see how the computer books us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »

I think BH had BWA Raw and SD a few years back, I remember reading it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

happy with my performace overall

(Cant say that for site tho the last few days :mad::mad::D)

There were other incarnations of it and this probably aged badly but...

Boards Wrestling Entertainment

think the original run was in 2009 and if you check the hot links thread you will at least find the link to the original discussion thread for the folks booking it. iirc you had to book within the limits of the WWE's current roster, for example if someone got injured in real life you had to write them out of the shows etc so as to show we could in fact book it better than the current product

Ha looking at that list of former champs, looks like I am the guy you call to dethrone MNG when he's on a run

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

(Heel Turn coming)

How dare ye not vote for DPW to win!! 3D of the top of a ladder.. Gargano goes through the roof of Hell in a Cell.. And DPW goes home empty handed?!

Only kidding - having read all the other entries, I knew I wasn’t going to challenge! Congrats to all the winners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Congrats, BH. A well deserved win.

While a second three-peat would have been nice, you deserve the title. Great roster amassed and very thoughtful, well-written shows.

I'm delighted to make it on to the podium. Thanks to those who voted.

And hats off to Necro on how he ran the game. Very impressive level of participation with the votes received, especially with Boards moving at the pace of Hans Moleman the last few days.

Funny how we nearly didn't have it this year and yet it went on to be imo one of the best ones yet.

Ha looking at that list of former champs, looks like I am the guy you call to dethrone MNG when he's on a run

1_Lesnar-beats-Undertaker.jpg

If anyone would like draft revenge on Le Champion, I just signed up to take part in our very own slammy winning draft newbie Hello 2D'd Soccer Draft

Right here
    8reM.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads have to say I'm delighted , have done this a few years now and not had much traction but to finish 8th overall and take home a slammy is massive for me , was delighted to be involved even if I was a tad late getting my ppv in , it was worth it

The level here and every year continues to rise and rise and the lads at the top , ye are absolutely brilliant fair ****ing play has to be said and especially to BH and MNG ye guys are consistently excellent well done everyone else aswell

and thanks aswell to the Terminator and Predator killer himself Arnie coudn't have done it without you :D

The writing was indeed great. There was one or two rosters that I didn't care for on paper but the way they were booked warmed me to them.