Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurocycles

Options
  • 04-05-2020 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭

Are they ok to order a bike from. Looking at one for the wife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Wouldn't go near them. I bought a bike from them a few years ago. I only had it a week and there was a problem with the gears on the bike. I brought it back to them. Shop assistant said there were no mechanics in that day. I asked if I could get a new bike and he said (without giving a fluck), "we don't exchange second hand bikes". I'd go for a shop like Penny Farthing or Wolfe Cycles in Kimmage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Never buy a bike from a place that also sells buggies and car seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Don’t go near them, they did a horrific repair on one of my bikes in the north Dublin county branch,
    Had to get it sorted afterwards elsewhere . You live and learn .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cycle Superstore are still doing deliveries within a reasonable time, and there's not a lot of putting to put together when they get them to you. Pedals and handle bars to be fastened on is about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

The lads in the Long Mile are great, the mechanic is outstanding.

I'm thinking of getting a Scott Addict from them when they open back up.

• Advertisement

Euro Fred wrote: »

The 2020 models are very easy on the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Euro Fred wrote: »

Given our location it would come from there I say. So ok to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Many years ago I was ready to pull the trigger on a new Scott. I noticed there was some (cosmetic) damage to the saddle, bar tape, and top tube but as I was eager on the bike I tried to negotiate some discount. The salesman shrugged if off and said it doesn't matter as the bike would pick up those kind of scars from normal use in any case.

It was a EUR1200 bike IIRC - I wasn't looking for hundreds in discount but why would you pay full price for something that is obviously not in perfect condition?

I ended up buying elsewhere and never sat foot in that shop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

The 2020 models are very easy on the eye.

Are they? I've only ever been unimpressed by Scotts. Premium pricing for very standard looking builds, boring paintjobs and low rent specifiications.

I haven't seen their 2020 bikes in real life, but they do look good on the site alright. A mate has their top spec Foil which is lovely, and so it bloody should be for 12 grand.

Having said that, I was looking for a runabout for my own daughter and their entry level mtb looks pretty good for 399 (Eurocycles).

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Given our location it would come from there I say. So ok to order?

I got my Felt from there a few years ago and brought it there for servicing ever since.

The lads on the floor were always really nice but the mechanic was awesome which is why I'll go back.

Looking at the other posts they all reference a bad experience but all were years ago and they do have a few branches.

I can only comment on the Long Mile Road branch, which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Wouldn't go near them. I bought a bike from them a few years ago. I only had it a week and there was a problem with the gears on the bike. I brought it back to them. Shop assistant said there were no mechanics in that day. I asked if I could get a new bike and he said (without giving a fluck), "we don't exchange second hand bikes". I'd go for a shop like Penny Farthing or Wolfe Cycles in Kimmage.

I'll second penny farthing. Them lads know their stuff and are sound to deal with. They are open for business. I have a defy advanced 2 2020 on order with them. Bought 3 bikes off them last year.

I bought a bike off eurocycles few years back. They gave me a card with a date and time for its first free service. On the day it was due the service, i cycled over from rathfarnham to get the service done. They told me they couldn't do it as they were too busy. Gave me another date and time and never even got an apology.

When I brought the bike back the second time on the date for the service, I asked them could they stick a rear rack on. No they told me, they didn't have the time. I thought they would have considering they wasted my time initially. I promised myself to never set foot in the shop again.

Advertisement