Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cassette questions

Options
  • 04-05-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Bought a new set of wheels, Shimano freehub but I run campagnolo.
    Is there ant company that make Shimano/sram freehub compatible cassettes that the individual cogs can be separated to allow me to replace them with campag spacers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Is there ant company that make Shimano/sram freehub compatible cassettes that the individual cogs can be separated to allow me to replace them with campag spacers

Depending on the wheels you might be better checking if you can get a campag hub body to replace the shimano. I've come across this on a few wheelsets (mid range fulcrum from memory but it's been a few years). Checked a couple of cassettes here (11sp 105 and 11sp Ultegra) and both had the last few larger cogs bonded and the others loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

smacl wrote: »
    Depending on the wheels you might be better checking if you can get a campag hub body to replace the shimano. I've come across this on a few wheelsets (mid range fulcrum from memory but it's been a few years). Checked a couple of cassettes here (11sp 105 and 11sp Ultegra) and both had the last few larger cogs bonded and the others loose.

Ffwd wheels with cyclops powermeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

lizzylad84 wrote: »

You run 10s Campag............or 11s?
    Presuming it must be the former ? If you run 11s and have an 11s Shimano hubbed wheel, just but a Shimano Cassette and it is fully (ie 100%)compatible with your group. Perhaps you may have known this, in which case apologies

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    You run 10s Campag............or 11s?
    Presuming it must be the former ? If you run 11s and have an 11s Shimano hubbed wheel, just but a Shimano Cassette and it is fully (ie 100%)compatible with your group. Perhaps you may have known this, in which case apologies

10 speed, stuck in the stone age

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Could use a jtec shiftmate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Cycleops/powertap hubs use a Novotec type freehub body (axle size varies so you will need to check, 15mm is B2 type i think). A quick search should show up a few and whats involved, just get the Campagnolo one. No tools needed for replacement they just pull off/ push on.

BTW. A few years ago it was possible to get the type of conversion cassettes you spoke of originally (Miche & Ambrosio made them) . With the advent of 11 speed these are no longer being made and have now become pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I believe Ambrosio made a cassette with shimano splines but with campag spacing.
    Never used one so cant comment on how they worked.
    I dont even know if they are still made!

clog wrote: »
    Cycleops/powertap hubs use a Novotec type freehub body (axle size varies so you will need to check, 15mm is B2 type i think). A quick search should show up a few and whats involved, just get the Campagnolo one. No tools needed for replacement they just pull off/ push on.

BTW. A few years ago it was possible to get the type of conversion cassettes you spoke of originally (Miche & Ambrosio made them) . With the advent of 11 speed these are no longer being made and have now become pricey.

Thanks for that info. Will pull freehub off and measure it up.
    A few seasons ago I had an Ambrosio cassette but alas no longer available

G3 hub

Advertisement