Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sumner Game Fest - May-Aug '20

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So an Xbox event happened where Rare didnt announce Viva Pinata 2.....what was even the point then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Jesus. I just watched this trailer again, and realised the song is a melancholic cover of X Gon Give it To Ya. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis was the only title during that event that had me most excited , now I am considering either getting a Series X or Building a new PC rig just to play that game.

Theres been speculation from the gun that it was Fable playground were working on when they set to work on an open world RPG. Occurred to me when playing Forza Horizon that it would be cool to roam the world on foot. Those would be fairly sizable maps for an open world rpg no?

A few things caught my eye but not really feeling enthused for what looks like an Elder Scrolls effort from Obsidian. That said they'll do a better job than Bethesda ever would.

Avowed being set in the same universe as Pillars of Eternity means they at least have a fairly robust lore already in place.

• Advertisement

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Avowed being set in the same universe as Pillars of Eternity means they at least have a fairly robust lore already in place.

Oh I haven't realised that.

Oh I haven't realised that.

Yeah, they didn't really go out of their way to make it known. I only read it on another forum that it's in the video description on YT (and Obsidian made Pillars).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For a game series that seems to have a fanbase, STALKER 2 seems to be flying under the radar

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For a game series that seems to have a fanbase, STALKER 2 seems to be flying under the radar

It might be to do with there having been so many false dawns for a sequel up to this point. And I reckon it's very early in development as well. I'm not even sure if GSC had much of a workforce up until quite recently? Fingers crossed though, as I loved the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Very early? This is the industry where people go crazy over a logo reveal. :) not to mention games like Last Guardian and other long in development games

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Very early? This is the industry where people go crazy over a logo reveal. :) not to mention games like Last Guardian and other long in development games

Yeah, feck it, I'll start a thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aside from Psychonauts 2 (which will eventually come to the PS4/5), there was nothing that piqued my interest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thought Halo Infinite looked a bit like an early Xbox One game more than something for next gen systems. Seems to be an open world game as a service which will probably mean it won't be packed with content on day one. It will look totally different in a few years I imagine and less like a HD upscale mod for The Silent Cartographer level for Halo 1.

I'm also kinda concerned that on twitter some people online are already saying Fable is an MMO, hope it isn't true but it must be a few years off. It really needs to go back to what made that second game unique and not fail to learn on everything after that.

I really hope Obsidian looked at some of the feedback The Outer World got and instead of making Avowed a spiritual successor to Elder Scrolls games they need to remember those games are 10 years old now so is not really a high bar to reach anymore.

Medium looked interesting enough as they showed what at least showed some gameplay, while most other games it was very much a trailer with a no real sign over how most look. Tell Us Why and As Dusk Falls seem to be fighting for the same Life is Strange audience except one has went with a kinda rotoscope look which helped it stand out.

Stuff like Stalker 2, Crossfire and Warhammer Darktide is a bit lost on me as I ain't the target audience for them as unless they go cheap on steam I won't look at them. Forza I expected more and it to not look so far off. Everwild looked interesting but Rare seem to not know what it is themselves. :rolleyes:

But I still can't see why I should want to buy an Xbox Series X as the whole PC gamespass service casts such a long shadow for some potential buyers.

I think the "Fable is an MMO" rumour has been debunked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And they've recently clarified that Halo is still a WIP.

These are allegedly the first leaked details on Avowed, but take them with a fairly hefty handful of NaCl obviously. Probably horse ****, but I can't sleep, so nyeh.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1287451755551350787?s=20

Ed3xJI8XkAIPkjC?format=png&name=orig

Might as well chuck these in here rather than start a new thread. The DC Fandome event takes place next week (Saturday, the 22nd).

A developer Q&A for WB Montreal's next game is at 18:30 our time.

The Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League panel (hosted by the second best Batman after Conroy, Will Arnett) is at 01:00 on the 23rd.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Might as well chuck these in here rather than start a new thread. The DC Fandome event takes place next week (Saturday, the 22nd).

A developer Q&A for WB Montreal's next game is at 18:30 our time.

The Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League panel (hosted by the second best Batman after Conroy, Will Arnett) is at 01:00 on the 23rd.

That Gotham Knights/Court of Owls game is definitely happening (if it was even in doubt at this stage), with WB Montreal teasing the reveal.

https://twitter.com/r3dakt3d/status/1295364143592087553?s=20

523221.png

Accompanying website - https://r3dakt3d.com/

Advertisement