Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai

• 04-05-2020 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Anyone working away at the moment? Any hassle at checkpoints? No hassle locally but issue with a heat pump about an hour from me and wondering if I’ll get any hassle trying to get to job or will I be turned around.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Anyone working away at the moment? Any hassle at checkpoints? No hassle locally but issue with a heat pump about an hour from me and wondering if I’ll get any hassle trying to get to job or will I be turned around.

I work for an essential service, ISP, and had no issue going through two checkpoints last week. I had a letter from my manager which they both took and read over quickly. Sent me on my way, no issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

This is it wrote: »
    I work for an essential service, ISP, and had no issue going through two checkpoints last week. I had a letter from my manager which they both took and read over quickly. Sent me on my way, no issue.

Good to hear. Self employed do not sure how that would work. I’m thinking just keep the qualifications card in wallet to prove I’m a plumber if that would work. Only doing emergencies at the moment but once the 18th comes I’ll be coming on a lot more checkpoints so don’t want any hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Good to hear. Self employed do not sure how that would work. I’m thinking just keep the qualifications card in wallet to prove I’m a plumber if that would work. Only doing emergencies at the moment but once the 18th comes I’ll be coming on a lot more checkpoints so don’t want any hassle

Definitely, just keep anything you can on you, make it easy for everyone. I don't think you'll have an issue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Was stopped once on way to breakdown. Lots of questions and advice to keep distance and hygiene and sent on my way.

At beginning of conversation it was looking like I was going to be turned back. I mentioned the circumstances of the customer and that helped.

I think it's down to individual garda on such travel.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Ya in fairness I’ve came to a few in both the car and the van. Once I say plumber they relax, chat away for a minute and send me on! I don’t wanna drive 50 minutes and be turned around 10 minutes from the job!! She doesn’t want anyone else touching it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭dathi

if you are rgi you are classed as essential services so all you need is your registration and tell them you are on way to gas boiler

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Just be pleasant, and don't do a Gemma!!

If they are a did standoffish, maybe say something like 'wouldn't you like to give that Gemma a good kick in the hole' and you'll be grand...:D

But seriously, I have went through ton of them, and once your pleasant, on your own and have decent explanation of what and why your going out for a breakdown etc, they are 100% fine.

Damn I had the whole “ what is your name , what is your number” routine rehearsed!
    DGOBS wrote: »
    Just be pleasant, and don't do a Gemma!!

If they are a did standoffish, maybe say something like 'wouldn't you like to give that Gemma a good kick in the hole' and you'll be grand...:D

But seriously, I have went through ton of them, and once your pleasant, on your own and have decent explanation of what and why your going out for a breakdown etc, they are 100% fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Plumbing is an essential service. We are supposed to be doing emergency work like immersions, hot water cylinders, showers, pumps, repair and replacement of boilers etc. We aren't supposed to be taking on full heating systems or bathroom renovations. I'm working 6 days a week and getting stopped several times a day. I haven't had any hassle from Gardai tbh.

Advertisement