Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft 2020 - Current Premier League - Signup Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

3rd time lucky Daithi?

I hope so - think I've found someone now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He was damn good at Leicester, good enough that Chelsea bought him. The less said about Villa taking him on loan this season the better though.

in case anyone else is having such issues
    Redzerdrog - Mo Salah, Gini Wijnaldum, Jordan Henderson, Seamus Coleman, John stones, Wayne Rooney, Gabriel Jesus
    Ferris_Bueller - Sergio Aguero, Jan Vertonghen, Dele Alli, Juan Mata, Joao Moutinho, Yaya Toure, Willian
    IncognitoMan - van Dijk, Bernado Silva, Wilfred Ndidi, Ilkay Gundogan, Ederson, Robin Van Persie, Anthony Martial
    Dr. Kenneth - De Bruyne, Fabinho, Toby Alderweireld, Pogba, Pepe Reina, Gareth Bale, Callum Willson
    Liam O - Sadio Mane, Firminio, Harry Maguire, Zabaleta, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Paul Scholes, Hugo Lloris
    Hello 2D - Andy Robertson, Leroy Sane, Ruben Neves, Joel Matip, Caglar Soyuncu, Didier Drogba, James Maddison
    Mr Nice Guy - N'Golo Kante, Raul Jiminez, Cesar Azpilicueta, Matt Doherty, Jonny Evans, Frank Lampard, Jermaine Defoe
    Wrestlemaniac - Sanchez, Jamie Vardy, Gary Cahill, Kyle Walker, Marcos Alonso, Patrick Viera, Jack Wilshere
    Daithi1989 Trent Alexander Arnold, Marcus Rashford, Alisson, Leighton Baines, Nicolas Otamendi, Eden Hazard, Youri Tielemans, Danny Drinkwater
    Bounty Hunter- Harry Kane, Aymeric Laporte, Mesut Özil, Jorginho, Antonio Rüdiger, Thierry henry, Ben Chilwell, Schmeichel
    Martyos - David Silva, Fernandinho, Ricardo Pereira, Lacazette, Lucas Digne, John Terry, Adama Traore, Pedro
    Brianregan - Aubameyang, Bruno Fernandes, Mateo Kovacic, Zaha, Bellerin, Viincent Kompany, Danny Rose, Gylfi Sigurdsson
    Shanotheslayer - Milner, Mahrez, Richarlison, De Gea, Tammy Abraham, Steven Gerrard, Wan Bissaka, Willy Boly
    Glados - Sterling, Son, Nemanja Matic, Joe Gomez, David Luiz, Luis Suarez, Joe Hart, Benjamin Mendy

I think that is up to date

Really liked your Tielemans pick last round btw, had been strongly considering him myself

People saying they’ll be judging players on their best ability made him easier to draft Drinkwater. But yes, less said about Burnley/Villa this season, the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Keepers are in demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,457 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He was damn good at Leicester, good enough that Chelsea bought him. The less said about Villa taking him on loan this season the better though.

in case anyone else is having such issues

I think that is up to date

Really liked your Tielemans pick last round btw, had been strongly considering him myself

I was going to pick him before the legends round but didn't think he'd played enough really compared to the Ox. Definitely a good pickup a round later.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Keepers are in demand

Keeper will be my last selection.

Keeper will be my last selection.

I don't know, I think this round is as good as any for you to pick one up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Keepers are in demand

I had 3 shortlisted before this round, Hart being one, so when he went I wasn't confident the other 2 would come back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jagielka a very solid pick, the longer this has been going on I thought he was forgotten about. I'm surprised by how long the talent is lasting, I thought by this stage we would be all picking bang average players but there are still some very good players available even at this point.

What happens when all of the picks are done? I understand it is not individual match ups like last years draft. Do we just all post up our teams and tactics/justifications and then have a vote for the best team or will there be an opportunity to comment on each team or what way does it work?

• Advertisement

The last 2 picks have seen my list of 3 CBs reduced to 1, and if he goes too, I'll be right back to the drawing board!

I have a 2 man shortlist for CB left with two picks to go before me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nearly took Jagielka last time, wishful thinking believing he’d been overlooked and would come back around. Excellent pick.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nearly took Jagielka last time, wishful thinking believing he’d been overlooked and would come back around. Excellent pick.

Was going to go for him but thought Morgan had a higher peak and was brilliant for a few seasons. Jagielka may be better for the game involved though with regards perception of him.

Ugh Luke Shaw was my first choice pick for this round and as each pick went by I thought he would make it to me.

Ah well back to the drawing board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Forgot to send PM after my pick. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

Is redzer up again?

Yip.

And with Smalling gone, that’s the 3rd CB I had on my list! Was hoping him being away in Italy, he might have slipped through. Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hidden gem by Redzer

Fuchs is a good pick at this stage

• Advertisement

Fuchs may not be the greatest LB in this thing but def really good value at this stage. If you haven't picked a CM or a LB you could def say the same about Delph too. Had him on my list of potential CMs even though I think there may be a few more options available in that position than there are in another I need still.

Mr Nice Guy is up but I can't PM him as his inbox is full.

Happy to see Grealish picked as I know I would have been tempted but he shouldn't be pushed out to the right even if he is flexible and that is where he would have to go with the players I have.

Interestingly he is picked in the same team as Maddison who he is often compared to so I'm guessing 2D will be playing him on the LW

Mr Nice Guy is up but I can't PM him as his inbox is full.

I just PMd him and it shows as sent.

:confused::cool:

I just PMd him and it shows as sent.

:confused::cool:

Oh, weird.

I tried twice and said it was full.

Le Champion to the rescue again.

Oh, weird.

I tried twice and said it was full.

Le Champion to the rescue again.

Think others have had issues PMing him when they didn't put the . in Mr.Nice Guy but who knows now I just wait to see if him, Daithi & Wrestlemaniac make me have to rethink my plans.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I got BH's PM. I'll have my pick up within the hour. Just getting something to eat atm.

Lallana is a great pick, had a look at who was left available earlier and he stood out by far as the best player left in the draft IMO, surprised he didn't go a lot earlier.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah was hoping he'd get through to me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Lallana is a great pick, had a look at who was left available earlier and he stood out by far as the best player left in the draft IMO, surprised he didn't go a lot earlier.

I had planned on drafting a CB, but had none left on my list, so need to go back and look them up again after the weekend to find one. Delighted to have Lallana in the bag. Happy with my midfield trio!

• Advertisement

Happy enough to have completed my defense (unless I add a CB go with 3 at the back with WBs and Henry & Kane as a duo up front in a 3/5/2 - 5/3/2) but I'll probably stick with my current formation.

edit: Rodri is a great pick by Marty, probably would have been my next pick. Hard to believe that in a current prem draft a guy that starts week in week out for City lasted this long

Very happy with my last couple of picks, I always felt Rodri would be overlooked in this given his short time in the league but his ability is unquestionable and he’s almost a perfect fit for my team.

Finishing off the City trio in midfield was a no brainer too, even if I had to move Rodri slightly further forward than he’s used to playing since he left Atletico. I also have the option of moving Fernandinho back alongside Terry and choosing another midfielder later on depending on the lay of the land. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sorry lads for the mixup(again) have my 2nd pic up now

Really like Martys team. Looks very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can't believe that GLaDOS has been allowed to seal the competition with a pick this late in the game. Grabs McT at this stage? an unbelievable steal.

The rest of you should be ashamed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was a long 2 rounds waiting for him to get back to me :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Will go down well with United fans anyway ;) I was interested to see if Reece James would go. I really like him and it is a position where after the first few went there is not a whole lot of depth to. Some teams shaping up very well.

Lads I just noticed that Victor Wanyama transferred to MLS in March(Bullsh!t) :pac: I assume he can't be picked?

Just replied to your post on the main thread will delete it now. I didn't pick him on that basis a few rounds ago! Think it will be back to the drawing board, would have been a nice pick.

• Advertisement

Just replied to your post on the main thread will delete it now. I didn't pick him on that basis a few rounds ago! Think it will be back to the drawing board, would have been a nice pick.

Yeh that's no problem. Realized it must be to good to be true that he was still there!

I can't believe that GLaDOS has been allowed to seal the competition with a pick this late in the game. Grabs McT at this stage? an unbelievable steal.

The rest of you should be ashamed.

To be honest, I'd have taken him rounds ago if the competition was player's current ability. However it's judged in their time in the PL and his lack of appearances are an easy stick to beat him with. There are a few similar players who I don't think are good picks based on this. Not played a full season as first choice in the league yet though was on course this year.

Pick made, PM sent, some very tasty lineups there alright

Redzerdrog - Mo Salah, Gini Wijnaldum, Jordan Henderson, Seamus Coleman, John stones, Wayne Rooney, Gabriel Jesus, Naby Keita, Smalling
    Ferris_Bueller - Sergio Aguero, Jan Vertonghen, Dele Alli, Juan Mata, Joao Moutinho, Yaya Toure, Willian, Davison Sanchez, Nathaniel Clyne
    IncognitoMan - van Dijk, Bernado Silva, Wilfred Ndidi, Ilkay Gundogan, Ederson, Robin Van Persie, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Victor Lindelof
    Dr. Kenneth - De Bruyne, Fabinho, Toby Alderweireld, Pogba, Pepe Reina, Gareth Bale, Callum Willson, Phil Jagielka, Christian Fuchs
    Liam O - Sadio Mane, Firminio, Harry Maguire, Zabaleta, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Paul Scholes, Hugo Lloris, Wes Morgan, Fabian Delph
    Hello 2D - Andy Robertson, Leroy Sane, Ruben Neves, Joel Matip, Caglar Soyuncu, Didier Drogba, James Maddison, Lucas Moura, Jack Grealish
    Mr Nice Guy - N'Golo Kante, Raul Jiminez, Cesar Azpilicueta, Matt Doherty, Jonny Evans, Frank Lampard, Jermaine Defoe, Patrick van Aanholt, Declan Rice
    Wrestlemaniac - Sanchez, Jamie Vardy, Gary Cahill, Kyle Walker, Marcos Alonso, Patrick Viera, Jack Wilshere, Asmir Begovic, Eric Dier
    Daithi1989 Trent Alexander Arnold, Marcus Rashford, Alisson, Leighton Baines, Nicolas Otamendi, Eden Hazard, Youri Tielemans, Danny Drinkwater, Adam Lallana
    Bounty Hunter - Harry Kane, Aymeric Laporte, Mesut Özil, Jorginho, Antonio Rüdiger, Thierry henry, Ben Chilwell, Schmeichel, Serge Aurier, Lucas Torreira
    Martyos - David Silva, Fernandinho, Ricardo Pereira, Lacazette, Lucas Digne, John Terry, Adama Traore, Pedro, Rodri, Bernd Leno
    Brianregan - Aubameyang, Bruno Fernandes, Mateo Kovacic, Zaha, Bellerin, Viincent Kompany, Danny Rose, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Nathan Ake, Theo Walcott
    Shanotheslayer - Milner, Mahrez, Richarlison, De Gea, Tammy Abraham, Steven Gerrard, Wan Bissaka, Willy Boly, Winston Reid, Andre Gomes
    Glados - Sterling, Son, Nemanja Matic, Joe Gomez, David Luiz, Luis Suarez, Joe Hart, Benjamin Mendy< Scott McTominay, Reece James

Pick made and PM sent. My pick is still on the Books at Chelsea, despite being gone on loans for a few years! Just a CB left to get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone else very surprised Walcott lasted that long? I would have thought with his overall body of work at Arsenal he would have went a lot earlier. He was one of the most dangerous players in the league at one point in time. Great value at this stage I reckon.

Anyone else very surprised Walcott lasted that long? I would have thought with his overall body of work at Arsenal he would have went a lot earlier. He was one of the most dangerous players in the league at one point in time. Great value at this stage I reckon.

I actually forgot about him last round. Had him earmarked before. Would have suited my team too. Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

with me picking fella's twice before that were already taken I couldn't believe he was still available

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about Jota. That’s a top pick this late in the game Liam O.

Jota is definitely a hell of a pick for round ten.

I have a shortlist of five goalkeepers, all of whom I'd be delira with. If my sums are right, three keepers will be gone before my turn.

Has Kepa been picked yet? I can't see if he has

• Advertisement
Advertisement