Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda brutality in Clonmel April 2020

Options
  • 04-05-2020 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

What do ye think of this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Any chance of the rest of the video leading up to that point? Otherwise we only have half the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

So what do you propose they do if the person resists, let them go? Quite evident they were struggling to put on hand cuffs because of the person's refusal to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Homer wrote: »
    Any chance of the rest of the video leading up to that point? Otherwise we only have half the story?

Not a chance.

What do ye think of this ?

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

Still not good, 3 cops millin into a lad face down on the street , who didn’t look like he was putting up a savage fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Rodney King wishes he was that bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just a pisshead on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 14,195 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If this is Clonmel why does the video say Dublin?

Hasn't there been a string of arrests for violent incidents in Clonmel recently including an arrest over a fatal stabbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Could be hours of footage before that but its edited to suit a narrative. If there was excessive force the victim is entitled to report that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Homer wrote: »

You know there is a history there in a country town like Clonmel. This guy must be a regular at the cop shop and have a coffee card to warrant a beating like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

cj maxx wrote: »
    If this is Clonmel why does the video say Dublin?

Its not my video, I don't live there but unfortunately I do know the kip well. Its outside the old Regal theatre on the Davis Road. Easy for three people to hit someone once they are handcuffed on the ground. There is another video of S B getting a few belts on the legs in Garrymore few weeks back floating around too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

is AH now basically a facefeck feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

People complaining about brutality are probably the same folks that would be calling for some sort of vigilante justice in retaliation to some unsavoury act.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Certainly looks like excessive force to me. There may be some reason for it but it should be investigated nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Watched the first half of that thinking to myself "nothing wrong here, big strong hure resisting arrest, no problem with a firm knee in the back or standing on his legs".

Then the 3 of them started laying into him and I thought "ah here..."

That said, we don't know the background. The fella might be a complete scumbag. In which case it's still highly questionable and most likely illegal to give him a pasting, but also understandable and I'd be looking the other way.

I've known plenty over the years who I'd be happy to hear about getting a doing by the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Resisting arrest and kicking out at officers, what are they supposed too do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

It's objectively excessive. They have lost their cool in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

I’d need to see the full video before forming an opinion. It doesn’t look great going on that clip but with lots of these clips that’s the point.If the guys not resisting arrest does this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's what Guards do when they think no one is looking, it was caught on tape this time though. They would not do that in a crowded situation where everyone has their camera out. This is a glimpse into the reality.
    Look at Maurice McCabe, and the hell that man went through for speaking out, he had the Garda Commissioner, Martin Callinan in High Court over the creation within Tusla of a file containing completely false allegations of serious sex abuse . The Guards are one twisted entity, instead of convicting corrupt members, they will defend them, and attack anyone who blows the whistle. Even the high court case was settled with hush money on the steps ' a settlement'' all to keep the reality from the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Impossible to tell from that footage as to what provoked the reaction from the Gardai but up to that point they were doing everything by the book. At 1.22 it looks like he's holding on to the guy on the rights ankle and seems to lift his head. Possibly spitting or trying to bite ? That's the only thing I can guess at seeing as they all reacted at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That looks more urban than Clonmel.
    Anyone translate the shooters commentary yet?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I think it could be a Traveller on the ground there.

(Number of Thread pages rockets from 2 to 37..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

He would have to have done something pretty heinous for me to think that this is acceptable.

He was beaten about the legs with a truncheon, he took swinging punches to the ribs and its looks like those other punches made contact with the back of the head.

All while he was in a prone position unable to defend himself.
    There were three of them and still couldn't handcuff him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Resisting arrest and kicking out at officers, what are they supposed too do?

Restrain him using appropriate restraints and techniques. Not give him a savage beating.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The biggest question is if Iarnród Éireann know that their logo is being used with gay abandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

That looks more urban than Clonmel.
    Anyone translate the shooters commentary yet?

That is Clonmel. Beside Larry O’Keefes.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

I have been a bit past acceptably drunk a few times. Garda were very fair. In the video he is a danger to himself and is too drunkto know

And no one knows if that person has Knife gun or a anything else. Most times these play out right.

• Advertisement

My brother in law who is a Garda got stabbed and is currently in hospital because the asshole had a concealed knife....

Advertisement