Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda brutality in Clonmel April 2020

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was promised brutality, thread did not deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bambi wrote: »
    Was promised brutality, thread did not deliver

Just the usual lads trying to make hay out of nothing. Same ole, same ole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This floating around Facebook and every group it seems to be said it happened local

One plonker in Finglas going mad because he went to Garda station to complain and told him to go to complaints

They should have given him a proper beating for the amount of posts about it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

What are you prepared to do Mr Ness??

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There are many threads on this site I've given the Guards stick and pointed out the force had serious issues, massive number of frankly criminal people in it.

This is not excess force hy any stretch of the imagination.

He needs to get over himself if he thinks it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Danzy wrote: »
    There are many threads on this site I've given the Guards stick and pointed out the force had serious issues, massive number of frankly criminal people in it.

You need to get over yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Edgware wrote: »

Would you honestly consider that over the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

Danzy wrote: »

It looks like a bit over the top to me.Was the lad resisting ?Not to me.Gardai should be reported to GSOC for this behaviour.Does not do much for the image of the Gardai as upholding the law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Edgware wrote: »

No, you hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

FVP3 wrote: »
    No, you hang up.
    No you hang up first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Was this in clonmel 100% ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Was this in clonmel 100% ??

Yes it definitely was.
    I recognize the lamp which is over the window of Fozzys bar and the window above that ( in the flat) overlooks that.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bmc58 wrote: »
    It looks like a bit over the top to me.Was the lad resisting ?Not to me.Gardai should be reported to GSOC for this behaviour.Does not do much for the image of the Gardai as upholding the law.

Ffs he was only being tickled compared to what would happen in many other countries.
    If you don’t want the Garda to use force then stop being a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

You have to be so careful with how much leeway you give the guards, or any other form of authority for that matter.

Give an inch and they'll take a mile, they're corrupt enough as it is, too many little Hitlers in AGS as it stands, grand to say give a scumbag a few slaps, it would be fine if it was only scumbags that were getting digs but it would inevitably bleed out into the wider population IMO.

Look at America, they can basically kill you with little to know consequence, extreme example I know but it goes to show what can happen when they're given free reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

You have to be so careful with how much leeway you give the guards, or any other form of authority for that matter.

Give an inch and they'll take a mile, they're corrupt enough as it is, too many little Hitlers in AGS as it stands, grand to say give a scumbag a few slaps, it would be fine if it was only scumbags that were getting digs but it would inevitably bleed out into the wider population IMO.

Look at America, they can basically kill you with little to know consequence, extreme example I know but it goes to show what can happen when they're given free reign.

You have to be careful as well to the leeway you give to scumbags.
    Too many in this country have no respect for guards or anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

You have to be careful as well to the leeway you give to scumbags.
    Too many in this country have no respect for guards or anybody else.

Id much prefer if the courts got harsher with scumbags than the guards.

Our system is pathetically weak when it comes to dealing with criminals.

You have repeat offender scumbags who are constantly given nothing more than a slap on the wrist, strings og convictions to their name and still walking around being a nuisance, it's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Id much prefer if the courts got harsher with scumbags than the guards.

I’d prefer that the courts got tough on crime and criminals, scumbags etc... I’d also prefer that the management of the Gardai, actually could do their jobs too and not manage and administer over the sort of conduct that is shown here..

There are three Gardai vs one guy, who while face down is resisting somewhat to the extent that use of a degree of physical force to protect themselves and get him cuffed would probably be warranted... I’m not a legal expert but one would imagine the amount of and nature of the force used here....

-repetition of full force punches 10 plus to the face and head and upper bodywhile the suspect is face down..

-standing on and kicking legs, kneeing.

It looked like it was maybe retribution for something that transpired earlier... it seemed done more in frustration than being functional and it certainly at that stage of the arrest wasn’t self defense.

Advertisement