Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda brutality in Clonmel April 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Ffs. That seems way over the top imo. The guy is being held down by 3 guards and handcuffed. Hardly any need to start beating him. Way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Vita nova wrote: »
    Certainly looks like excessive force to me. There may be some reason for it but it should be investigated nonetheless.

No it's not, more of this please to control these Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

tastyt wrote: »
    Still not good, 3 cops millin into a lad face down on the street , who didn’t look like he was putting up a savage fight

Agreed, all they had to do was cuff up and stand him up and could search him then. There was three of them ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

I dont see the problem, he resists arrest, gets a few digs that were not hay makers by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The truth lies somewhere in between. They definitely dont hire the sharpest tools in the shed. The standards for entry have definitely dropped constantly for years. When I applied for it I came inside the top 200 and outside the top 100 (on the civil sercan IQ exam) when I applied for it and was on the FCA falling plates and orientation team. I didnt get it with a cert in Computing (That is many years ago).
    No I did not do something dodgy or have a family history of particular interest. But the local fisheries officers son who was as corrupt as they come got it. His Mother was an FF cumman secretary. The poor boy would be out of his depth intellectually reading primary school books let alone law.
    And they didnt take you with your "cert in Computing"! Did you tell them about your stamp collection? What exactly is the "civil sercan I Q exam"?
    Literacy is also required

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Edgware wrote: »
    And they didnt take you with your "cert in Computing"! Did you tell them about your stamp collection? What exactly is the "civil sercan I Q exam"?
    Literacy is also required

A National Cert in Computing 20 years got you a great salary. Not everyone had the financial means and requirements for full degree. I know that everyone raves about the Masters now. Back then you were lucky enough to get a cert. Dell, Western Digital, Gateway, Compaq and Intel were all the rage companies. Different time different environment.

There is a civil servant entrance exams. Out of 16,000 I came inside the top 200 and the second time 18 months later I came outside the top 100 out of 22,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,319 ✭✭✭pgj2015

A National Cert in Computing 20 years got you a great salary. Not everyone had the financial means and requirements for full degree. I know that everyone raves about the Masters now. Back then you were lucky enough to get a cert. Dell, Western Digital, Gateway, Compaq and Intel were all the rage companies. Different time different environment.

There is a civil servant entrance exams. Out of 16,000 I came inside the top 200 and the second time 18 months later I came outside the top 100 out of 22,000.

well done. and what about the 200 guards out of 25,000 back in 2016? are they all thick yeah? you sure your not bitter you didnt get into the guards?

it isnt all about intelligence getting into the gardai, some people dont have the right personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Truckermal wrote: »
    No it's not, more of this please to control these Scumbags.

Plenty of Guards fit into that category too.

More of the same needed nationwide to put scrotes & wasters in their place.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    well done. and what about the 200 guards out of 25,000 back in 2016? are they all thick yeah? you sure your not bitter you didnt get into the guards?

it isnt all about intelligence getting into the gardai, some people dont have the right personality.

Why would I be bitter? I have a much more interesting life than signing form for shotguns and sorting out domestic disputes.

You are completely right it is far from an intelligence base that the guards recruit from. Its all about pull and doing what you are told.

Even the guards themselves are complaining they are dropping standards. My cousins husband is one and close to retirement (political appointment from Kerry).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Brutality" would have been a couple of fast cracks of a steel-cored baton, not what's on display there.

Edgware wrote: »
    Did you tell them about your stamp collection?

Did you move out from home or does your mammy still do you washing? See different times different conditions. Wants to start a revolution and cant start a lawn mower

Why would I be bitter? I have a much more interesting life than signing form for shotguns and sorting out domestic disputes.

You are completely right it is far from an intelligence base that the guards recruit from. Its all about pull and doing what you are told.

Even the guards themselves are complaining they are dropping standards. My cousins husband is one and close to retirement (political appointment from Kerry).

most new garda recruits have at least a degree these days, and are at least 25 id say. unlike in the UK where you can join up at 18 which is crazy in my opinion, kids.

what about the car chases, the drugs busts etc would you not find that exciting? its not all filling in forms, refereeing domestics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Was it the guy in the video that did it?? Otherwise, whats it got to do with this thread??
    He might just had attacked some of the public or one of the gards, BEFORE this video.
    What would you say if he just fatally stabbed your relative/friend?
    Live him alone?
    The only thing that is clear is that the person on the ground DO resist an arrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Ffs. That seems way over the top imo. The guy is being held down by 3 guards and handcuffed. Hardly any need to start beating him. Way over the top.
    Nope, they're trying to put handcuffs and he is refusing it.

I have a nephew in the Gardai, the same youngfella has two engineering degrees. He spent a couple of years seizing uninsured cars, another 12 months or so with the Wallopers - <ahem> I mean the Public Order Unit, operating out of Mountjoy, and more recently has discovered his true calling in the Fraud Squad. He's on the Garda rugby team too, fine big chap. :D

most new garda recruits have at least a degree these days, and are at least 25 id say. unlike in the UK where you can join up at 18 which is crazy in my opinion, kids.

what about the car chases, the drugs busts etc would you not find that exciting? its not all filling in forms, refereeing domestics.

A bit like saying the army is exiting. Its all guns, parachutes, exotic travel and blowing up sh1t. Its does happen but it is far and inbetween when the reality is its duties, pioneer work, cleaning maintenance and square bashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

na1 wrote: »
    He might just had attacked some of the public or one of the gards, BEFORE this video.
    What would you say if he just fatally stabbed your relative/friend?
    Live him alone?
    The only thing that is clear is that the person on the ground DO resist an arrest.

whataboutery, what if what if.

Fact is 3 lads on guards beating a guy lying on his stomach. Hard men.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    whataboutery, what if what if.

Fact is 3 lads on guards beating a guy lying on his stomach. Hard men.

The Queensberry Rules don't apply. If a police officer tells you to do something, you do it fairly chop-chop. This is drummed in to most normal people early on, but some people just don't get the picture, so it has to be leathered into them. 'Twas ever thus! :pac:

A bit like saying the army is exiting. Its all guns, parachutes, exotic travel and blowing up sh1t. Its does happen but it is far and inbetween when the reality is its duties, pioneer work, cleaning maintenance and square bashing.

I suppose it depends where you get stationed but if you were in a busy/rough area im sure you would be involved in a lot of exciting incidents.

• Advertisement

I suppose it depends where you get stationed but if you were in a busy/rough area im sure you would be involved in a lot of exciting incidents.

I went on a couple of dates with a female guard. She made it sound right boring and she had her drivers course done. I dont think I missed out on much.

There are massive opportunities for gardai.
    Huge diverse amount of jobs to apply for.
    Chances to go overseas & further studies.
    Gardai are not all lying around in stations in uniform you know!

I went on a couple of dates with a female guard. She made it sound right boring and she had her drivers course done. I dont think I missed out on much.

Any guard who is bored, is clearly not working.
    No need to be bored in AGS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Great video - well done to the Gardai. I would have difficulty being so restrained.

I live in a rough area, lots of 'scumbags'. The reality is that a good hiding is all a lot of these people will ever understand. If you're resisting arrest, the Gardai should dial up the effort to get you to comply. If a coordinated, 3-second beating gets the job done, then so be it.

FFS no love for gardai as an ex republican but honestly the way some scum treat the Gardai it's no wonder they overreact at times
    Dealing with druggies/ knac"ers / scrotes daily who spit/ threaten/assault etc, of course some don't/ can't strictly adhere to proper arrest procedure
    Law in any other country bar the UK wouldn't put up with it, having lived in Derry / eastern Europe I can categorically state that our scum get off light

the way some scum treat the Gardai it's no wonder they overreact at times
    Dealing with druggies/ knac"ers / scrotes daily who spit/ threaten/assault etc, of

More closer to the truth

I suppose 1 guards account is enough to be able to accurately judge what it is like to be a guard.

bubblypop wrote: »
    There are massive opportunities for gardai.
    Huge diverse amount of jobs to apply for.
    Chances to go overseas & further studies.
    Gardai are not all lying around in stations in uniform you know!

Read it again.
    Those courses and duties are all chosen for you based on merit and availibility. If you dont like it you have to lump it. In private industry you can pay for your courses and the courses arent restricted entry. If you dont like it and you are good at your job there are other companies looking for you in technical roles.

Pass, gimme private industry over state employer.

I suppose 1 guards account is enough to be able to accurately judge what it is like to be a guard.

No but three dates disclosed why her engagment ended to another guard. The assumption is that I only know one guard in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Did she take down your particulars? Ooooh Vicar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

FFS no love for gardai as an ex republican but honestly the way some scum treat the Gardai it's no wonder they overreact at times
    Dealing with druggies/ knac"ers / scrotes daily who spit/ threaten/assault etc, of course some don't/ can't strictly adhere to proper arrest procedure
    Law in any other country bar the UK wouldn't put up with it, having lived in Derry / eastern Europe I can categorically state that our scum get off light

Our Scum get off light is the best way of describing our country.

Scum who wreck housing estates, towns , villages robbing and selling drugs should be shot dead not getting a few digs from the guards.

Advertisement