Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas pipe depth in garden of a domestic dwelling

• 04-05-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi I am just wondering what is the minimum depth of a gas pipe run in a domestic dwelling? My gas meter is on the garden wall at the front of my property. Im digging up a flower bed around the perimeter of the garden wall so I’ll be digging up around the gas meter. I won’t be using a digger or anything like that, I’ll just be digging it up manually with a shovel and spade. I’m just a small bit caucus about digging around the gas meter. I presume it wouldn’t be that easy to go through a gas pipe with a shovel seen as it would be sleeved to protect it from mechanical damage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Kealyboy

I’ll be only digging down about 5 inches around the gas meter with a hand trowel and about 3 foot out from the wall and then the rest of the digging i will be working away from the meter along the wall.

Would gas networks ireland have that information on file seen as the gas meter is on my front garden wall beside the road and therefore the gas run from there into my house would be downstream of the meter (gas installers responsible, not gas networks ireland). Would they inspect the route he took on my property for the purposes of drawings? Obviously the route would be the the shortest and most direct route to the boiler.

Advertisement