Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Cable

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Loozer wrote: »
    Does the sizing even tell you the whole story re: the CCC of the wire

What are the chances the copper is also impure?

25mm2 trirated is around 0.78m ohms per meter,

The cable is 21.7mm2 according to spec sheet which for same quality copper would be around 0.88m ohms per meter

But if sirliamalots calipers is accurate then its really 17.1mm csa which is 1.1m ohms per meter which coincidentally is exactly what sirliamalot measured it at so copper may be ok just 31.6% of it is missing.

Bruthal wrote: »
    The resistances are correct in the table for actual size there, so at least you know where you are.

Are they?

There's more meat on 2011's Tri-rated

511980.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The tri rated cable is made to an EN standard. This means you pay more for it but you know what you are getting. Reputable cable manufacturers such as Anixter and Eland don’t f*** around.

But if sirliamalots calipers is accurate then its really 17.1mm

Ah we never can be two sure about these things can we...

511985.jpg

2011 wrote: »
    The tri rated cable is made to an EN standard. This means you pay more for it but you know what you are getting. Reputable cable manufacturers such as Anixter and Eland don’t f*** around.

Funny you say that because Anixter's trirated is meatier than their equivalent welding cable.

Sidebar my 200A best in the world Studer inverter is tailed on 25mm² Elandflex and running cooler than the Ebay claimed 35mm²

I think I will replace with Trirated...50mm²...oh dear, I'm definately not charging enough...:rolleyes:

Suppliers are afraid to talk to me for some reason..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Are they?

There's more meat on 2011's Tri-rated

The table (post#76) shows higher resistance for the 35 square than what 35 square should be, so is indicating it is either slightly smaller, or has higher resistivity than the norm for copper.

But I dont know.

You asked what we would do, I would add it to the lifes experiences, and as such, avoid putting cables in that are undersized again I suppose.

• Advertisement

Seems to be the popular opinion. Don't worry, tomorrow's Thursday.

Horse's and water lads, I went with flexibility over temperature rating.

I sourced other brand genuine 35mm² thin wall from another supplier.

513032.jpg

0.3mm strand diameter they said...

513033.jpg

Original cable distributor agreed to replace all the job cable with "one size larger gauge", 20 emails later, fair play.:)

513034.jpg

System back online.

513035.jpg

This is great craic. Buy cable, measure it, claim refund but "sorry old cable has been chopped up".
    Get refund or new larger cable. Keep old cable.

Have a go! Nobody sue! You'll wreck it for everyone! :pac:

£10 refund on 50mm²
    I declined their offer of replacement cable one size larger, I told them I was willing to pay them for 35mm² if they alert their distributor.

Advertisement