Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST song of all time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York
    Soulja Boy - Crank That
    Dj Casper - Cha Cha Slide

Vanilla - No Way. No Way
    Rebecca Black - Friday
    Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Final votes

The Blue Mountain Panpipe Ensemble - Sexual Healing [5] Vs JLO - Get Right [4]

Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer [5] Vs Denis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get 'er indoors? [4]

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song [5] Vs Ronan Keating - Friends in Time [4]

Nizlopi - JCB Song [5] Vs Jan Terri - Baby Blues [3]

Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song [4] Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans [5]

Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender [3] Vs Fleurie and Jung Youth - In The End [5]

Next round will begin at around 11am. We'll see you then :)

Macdarack wrote: »
    Sorry, how do I vote?

I post a list of pre-nominated songs by our boards.ie users. You guys listen to the music as posted in the way of youtube links and then you vote on which song of the 2 songs that are up against each other is the worst.

The first song to reach the required quota of votes, advances to the next round

Last 32!!!!

We've finally reached the last 32 and as a result, the nominations will now require 6 votes to get through to the next round

No need for a reason at this point still though, though people are always welcome to give theirs :D

Reminder :: You are voting for the WORST song in each one of these matches

Last 32/Match 1

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide

Vs

Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end

This would be a terrible song as a new release, compared to the original, it is a blocked portaloo on day 4 of Glastonbury.

Last 32/Match 2

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song

Vs

Mariah Carey - Without You

Why I Hate It: My sister and brother knew I deplored this song when it came out, so as younger siblings tend to do they used sing it at me constantly. So annoying. :::::::: Just kill me now.

Last 32/Match 3

Nizlopi - The JCB Song

Vs

Three Beat Slide - 2020

Another d*ckhead who thought he'd get laid if he played a guitar and sang about some soppy nonsense. :::::: I'd managed to forget this existed, I've now remembered it and am sad

Last 32/Match 4

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan

Vs

I blame Ronan's Friends, family and management for letting him this. The Dacia version of a Bugatti Veyron.

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song Vs Mariah Carey - Without You
    Nizlopi - The JCB Song Vs Three Beat Slide - 2020
    Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end - DJ Casper deserves a beating with an elongated spike pole for this
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song Vs Mariah Carey - Without You - Sorry LeVar, The Fast Food Song is infinitely worse than anything Mariah ever did
    Nizlopi - The JCB Song Vs Three Beat Slide - 2020 - Song drove me demented for months on its release.
    Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - A cover that nobody asked for, by an artist that nobody actually likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide ; I can forgive a bad cover quicker than I can forgive this sh*te

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song ; in an absolute shocker I'm not voting for the the Hellspawn that is Mariah. I nominated Fast Food Song and it's just one of the worst

Three Beat Slide - 2020 ; don't mind the JCB Song

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan ; like I said, I can forgive a bad cover (although this one is pushing my boundaries) quicker than a bad original

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide - Awful instructual sh!te music
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song - Pure 00s awful cheesy rubbish
    Three Beat Slide - 2020 - If 2020 was a song it would be this
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - An absolute abomination of a song

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end
    Mariah Carey - Without You
    Nizlopi - The JCB Song

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I hate both Fairy Tale of New York and Ronan Keating, so this definitey seems like one I have to vote for.

• Advertisement

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end [This is a rip off of an old song by either Black Lace or Paper and Lace where they tell you the dances to do. Cheesy rubbish]

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song Vs Mariah Carey - Without You [I'm no lover of Ms Carey, but at least that is a song with lyrics and melody, FFS on the other hand sounds like a super-repetetive brainwashing experiment to promote childhood obesity

Nizlopi - The JCB Song Vs Three Beat Slide - 2020 [I hate this so much, was subjected to it at work every day on the radio. Your da gave you a spin on a digger when you were a kid and it's still the highlight of your entire life? Sorry but you are a sad twat]

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York [Would nearly vote for Post just for his stupid name but this Keating cover version is an abomination. **** you Louis Walsh or whatever twat let him record this. Ronan ****ing Keating singing about being thrown in the drunk tank :rolleyes: it would be akin to Daniel O'Donnell covering Pretty Vacant or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CRISS CROSS...CRISS CROSS

Fast Food Song = torturous, If they played this in the interrogation room I would tell them everything to make it stop

Nizlopi for the sappy lyrics and "woah oh oh" bit

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York

Ronan gets a tough time on here and yes he's shíte but that Jackie Chan song is one of the most annoying I've ever heard.

Rikand should be paying us danger-money for listening to some of this noise pollution. Shocking bad :eek:

Rikand should be paying us danger-money for listening to some of this noise pollution. Shocking bad :eek:

I had to listen to it all first. A problem shared is a problem halved

Or something like that :P

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide [5] Vs Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end [1]
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song [5] Vs Mariah Carey - Without You [1]
    Nizlopi - The JCB Song [4]Vs Three Beat Slide - 2020 [2]
    Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan [2] Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York [5]

I had a couple of miscounts in there :D

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song Vs Mariah Carey - Without You - don't like Mariah much or her version of that somg vut it's still.nit as bad as the fast food one.

Nizlopi - The JCB Song Vs Three Beat Slide - 2020 - sappy, whiney, just plain awful.

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - I've said all I can about RonanKeating at this stage.

Last 32!!!!

First song to reach 6 votes advances

No need for a reason at this point still though, though people are always welcome to give theirs :D

Last 32/Match 5

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile

Vs

C1 - Virus

Stupid song from a stupid man who looks like he should be on some sort of watchlist. A favourite of drunken arseholes when it was first released.

Last 32/Match 6

Mundy - Galway Girl

Vs

Axel F. - Crazy Frog

There was only one good thing about Crazy Frog. You could tell someone was a complete idiot if they used it as their ringtone, and then avoid them like the plague.

Last 32/Match 7

Mark Gormley - Without You

Vs

Jedward - Bad Behaviour

Last 32/Match 8

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair

Vs

Brokencyde - Freaxxx

I whip my hair back and forth….. Its like nails on a chalkboard

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile Vs C1 - Virus
    Mundy - Galway Girl Vs Axel F. - Crazy Frog
    Mark Gormley - Without You Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour
    Willow Smith - Whip My Hair Vs Brokencyde - Freaxxx

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide [5] Vs Fleurie and the Jung Youth - In the end [1]
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song [6] Vs Mariah Carey - Without You [1]
    Nizlopi - The JCB Song [5]Vs Three Beat Slide - 2020 [2]
    Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan [2] Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York [6]

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile Vs C1 - Virus - Can't believe this was actually popular at one point.
    Mundy - Galway Girl Vs Axel F. - Crazy Frog - Mundy are awful, but their rendition of Galway Girl is a masterpiece in comparison to the Frog.
    Mark Gormley - Without You Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour - Jedward are terrible, this is terrible
    Willow Smith - Whip My Hair Vs Brokencyde - Freaxxx - Why was this permitted to be released?

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile ; its so cringey

Mundy - Galway Girl ; think I hate it more because its still played constantly

Jedward - Bad Behaviour ; I've been converted, Gormley is a legend and doesn't deserve to be here

Brokencyde - Freaxxx ; both sh*te, but this is the worse of the two

• Advertisement

Jedward - Bad Behaviour ; I've been converted, Gormley is a legend and doesn't deserve to be here

Details of Marks Album here:: https://www.discogs.com/Mark-Gormley-Mark-Gormley/release/4808985

You can buy marks music here :: http://theunchartedzone.com/MarkGormleyCD.htm

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile Vs C1 - Virus - I'm going to give C1 a break because he's preaching a good message, even if through the medium of terrible rap!

Mundy - Galway Girl Vs Axel F. - Crazy Frog - I hate Galway Girl but it has more merit to it than the other thing.

Mark Gormley - Without You Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour - for the shameless rip off of Beastie Boys "Fight For Your Right"

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair Vs Brokencyde - Freaxxx - both horrendous but the sheer awfulness of Brokencyde just about trumps the nepotism factor.

Rikand wrote: »

Has he ever duetted with Jan Terri? It's not the collaboration we deserve but it is the collaboration we need.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile Vs C1 - Virus [I can't believe this goon made a living out of crap like this. A line must be drawn.]

Mundy - Galway Girl Vs Axel F. - Crazy Frog [The original Galway Girl was a great song before every twat under the sun started to cover it. Anyway Crazy Frog is a runaway train hauling nuclear waste and raw sewage. Nobody can stop it.]

Mark Gormley - Without You Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour [Gormley is like Motzart compared to Louis Walshes twin bitches. I could barely watch the intro to this song. And what is with the posh english parents? Their real parents are total boggers.]

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair Vs Brokencyde - Freaxxx [both terrible but Smith is too young to Know any better and the second song is just dissonance, sounds like a machine shop or something]

Last 32!!!!

First song to reach 6 votes advances

Last 32/Match 9

Justin Bieber - Yummy

Vs

Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up)

Last 32/Match 10

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off

Vs

Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer

There was only one good thing about Crazy Frog. You could tell someone was a complete idiot if they used it as their ringtone, and then avoid them like the plague.

Last 32/Match 11

Hampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance Song

Vs

Rebecca Black - Friday

Why I Hate It: If I wanted to torture someone, I'd just lock them in a room and pump this in on an endless loop. They'd tell me what I want to know after 10 minutes.

--

Last 32/Match 12

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby

Vs

The Blue Mountain Panpipe Ensemble - Sexual Healing

Why I Hate It: Just hearing this incites violence and makes me want to punch something

Why I Hate It: I accidentally stumbled upon this one while looking for song reminders for this comp and I couldn't not included. Worst Cover Ever!

Justin Bieber - Yummy Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up)
    Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer
    Hampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance Song Vs Rebecca Black - Friday
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby Vs The Blue Mountain Panpipe Ensemble - Sexual Healing

Justin Bieber - Yummy Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) - I hate Bieber but I hate Kim Kardashian more.
    Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer - Anyone that releases a song with that title is an idiot.
    Hampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance Song Vs Rebecca Black - Friday - When you're voting Friday over a Hamsterdance you know it's a terrible song.
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby Vs The Blue Mountain Panpipe Ensemble - Sexual Healing - Cos fcuk panpipes, Zaph is right.

Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) ; Kim K the lesser of two evils in this one

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off ; awful for different reason, but this one is worse

Hampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance Song ; one of my noms, absolute headwreck

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby ; two of my noms battling it out, but Hey Baby is the one I hate the most of the two

Justin Bieber - Yummy Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) - Bieber has some bit of vocal ability, at least.

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer - I actually kinda like Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. :o

Hampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance Song Vs Rebecca Black - Friday - Rebecca Black has probably suffered enough at this stage.

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby Vs The Blue Mountain Panpipe Ensemble - Sexual Healing - kill it with fire. :mad:

Justin Bieber - Yummy Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) [both worthy noms but Kardashiandroid edges out Justin Ballbag here.]

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs Elmo and Patsy - Grandma got run over by a reindeer [this one still gives me bad memories]

Hampton the Hamster - The Hamsterdance Song Vs Rebecca Black - Friday [those vocals! I mean wtf]

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby Vs The Blue Mountain Panpipe Ensemble - Sexual Healing [panpipes rule ever since the Fast Show :pac: Otzi is a heavyweight stinker in this contest]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Advertisement