Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST song of all time!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx - Just go ahead and crown this the winner, poor lad needs something in his life to stop his urges to write these songs.
    3 of a kind - Babycakes Vs Rebecca Black - Friday - Last nomination left and the worst in this battle, but not by much admittedly.
    Dj Otzi - Hey Baby Vs Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song - Genuinely flipped a coin, both are awful.
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour - deserve to be punished for their attempt at ripping off the Beastie Boys, much like Keating and his 'Fairytale'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx ; it's just worse somehow

Rebecca Black - Friday ; still think Babycakes is a grand song, might ask for it to be played at my funeral though since it annoys people so much, and even in death I would enjoy causing some mischief

Dj Otzi - Hey Baby ; two of my noms, and its a struggle to decide which I hate more, but think this just a little more infuriating

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide ; don't care enough about Jedward to even give them the crown as the worst, that's too high an achievement for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx - both are awful but the 'beat' in this is migraine inducing
    Rebecca Black - Friday - it's Rebecca Black's Friday
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song - technically not as bad but I hate novelty songs. Mostly.
    Jedward - Bad Behaviour - we may mock Canada for Bieber, but our crimes may be worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx
    3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Dj Otzi - Hey Baby
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx - my nomination, I can't listen to more than a few seconds of this before I start punching my computer screen
    Rebecca Black - Friday - I nominated Babycakes but I think this ****e is much worse
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song - annoying nonsense and my dad went through a stage where he would sing this, it was embarrassing
    Jedward - Bad Behaviour - just pure crap from 2 numpties

• Advertisement

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx - probably a worthy winner, all things considered.

3 of a kind - Babycakes Vs Rebecca Black - Friday - pleading the "she was just a kid" defence here for Rebecca Black

Dj Otzi - Hey Baby Vs Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song - because I'm more likely to hear this on a crap night out and be infuriated by it.

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour - not really sure what it's even meant to be. A very low-effort exercise video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx
    Rebecca Black - Friday. (I also nominated Babycakes!)
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off (Just No!)
    3 of a kind - Babycakes (I've voted for this all along so going with it again)
    Dj Otzi - Hey Baby (I hate these types of videos)
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide (Can imagine the sound engineer thinking where did it all go wrong as he helped produce this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx . They seemingly can’t spell properly either.

3 of a kind - Babycakes . It makes me want to Van Gogh myself.

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song . Look at the name of the group that sang this. It’s a gimmick and nothing else.

Jedward - Bad Behaviour. You’re lying if you didn’t do the “everybody clap your hands” bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Last 16!!!!

Nominations still require 6 votes to advance

No need for a reason at this point still, though people are always welcome to give theirs.

And just when you thought the first 4 matches had all the worst songs in them....

Reminder :: You are voting for the WORST song in each one of these matches

Last 16/Match 5

Axel F - Crazy Frog

Vs

Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up)

There was only one good thing about Crazy Frog. You could tell someone was a complete idiot if they used it as their ringtone, and then avoid them like the plague.

Last 16/Match 6

Nicki Minaj - Anaconda

Vs

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile

Stupid song from a stupid man who looks like he should be on some sort of watchlist. A favourite of drunken arseholes when it was first released.

Last 16/Match 7

Nizlopi - JCB Song

Vs

Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York

Another d*ckhead who thought he'd get laid if he played a guitar and sang about some soppy nonsense.
    I'd managed to forget this existed, I've now remembered it and am sad

I blame Ronan's Friends, family and management for letting him this. The Dacia version of a Bugatti Veyron.

Last 16/Match 8

Soulja Boy - Crank That

Vs

Jenna Rose - My Jeans

Hated everything about this. The chorus, the lyrics, the oversized outfits. EVER.Y.THING But most espicially that horrible xylophone note throughout.

Axel F - Crazy Frog Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up)
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile
    Nizlopi - JCB Song Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York
    Soulja Boy - Crank That Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans

• Advertisement

Axel F - Crazy Frog Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) - The Frog must live on to torment us a bit longer.
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile - Hate Minaj, thus she must soldier on
    Nizlopi - JCB Song Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - JCB Song avoids continuing only because Keating must pay for his crimes against humanity
    Soulja Boy - Crank That Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans - There's no excuse for this level of awfulness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Axel F - Crazy Frog (No hesitation)
    Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile (Think this shows Ireland in a very bad light)
    Nizlopi - JCB Song Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York (Unfair draw!! I nominated both of these and hate them both but...... Ronan. Shame. Shame. Shame)
    Soulja Boy - Crank That (Nominated this song also and stand by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Axel F - Crazy Frog

Soulja Boy - Crank That

Simply the worst in each pairing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Axel F - Crazy Frog - I preferred the cover by Jay from the inbetweeners
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda - Hate all her songs but this takes the biscuit, such a weird voice
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - a great song ruined by a twathead
    Jenna Rose - My Jeans - both are dreadful but this one makes Rebecca black sound like Pavarotti

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off [1] Vs BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx [6]
    3 of a kind - Babycakes [4] Vs Rebecca Black - Friday [5]
    Dj Otzi - Hey Baby [5] Vs Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song [4]
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide [5] Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour [4]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Axel F - Crazy Frog - Someone should introduce the Crazy Frog to a blender
    Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile - Nil maith liom
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - I actually like the JCB song. Sue me.
    Jenna Rose - My Jeans - Could choose ether here, but this narrows it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Rebecca Black - Friday - Just complete rubbish, youd almost feel sorry for her
    Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song - Horrible novelty non
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide - Rubbish song, rubbish video and rubbish dance moves

Axel F - Crazy Frog - Someone should have put him in the microwave like gremlins
    Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile - All his songs are awful but this is one of the worst
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - Does this even need reason, one of the worst covers
    Jenna Rose - My Jeans - Dont mind Crank that but my Jean's should not have been made

Nizlopi - JCB Song Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York - this one pains me because the JCB Song is absolutely terrible. But Ronan Keating is pretty much the Citizen Kane of awful music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) . First time I've attempted to listen to this. It's among the worst things I've ever experienced, including diarrhea on a packed bus.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile . Nicki Minaj is easy on the eye, Richie is offensive to at least three senses.

Nizlopi - JCB Song . It was so revered at the time. Let this resurgence of hate continue.

Jenna Rose - My Jeans . What a stupid little hoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx
    3 of a kind - Babycakes Vs Rebecca Black - Friday
    Dj Otzi - Hey Baby Vs Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour

I'm guessing people have stronger feelings about songs they hate rather than songs they like.

Best song in the world competition 'I just prefer it'
    Worst song in the world competition 'They should be put in front of a war crimes tribunal'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Axel F - Crazy Frog Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) [Crazy Frog gives Kim K's huge arse a well deserved spanking]

Nicki Minaj - Anaconda Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile [Tough one but I'll go for the home team]

Nizlopi - JCB Song Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York [had to flip for it, we are in the dregs now]

Soulja Boy - Crank That Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans [both horrible songs but I'm giving SB his marching orders]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Nizlopi - JCB Song Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York

In a world where there are infinite parallel universes, there exists a world where Richie Kavanagh and Nicki Minaj go head to head in competition, what a world we live in.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Axel F - Crazy Frog. Axel F was a classic bit of 80s synth music. This is not even music.

I though Nicki Minaj might be unstoppable, but then she ran into this big, fat, unfunny bollix.

Nizlopi - JCB Song At least with Fairytale we can console ourselves with the fact that there's a great, classic version of it elsewhere. But this is as good as it gets for that pile of excrement. I hope that somewhere a record company executive has been tied to a bed and made listen to this on repeat for years just for inflicting it on the rest of us.

Jenna Rose - My Jeans This is so bad it's not even bad. It's substandard, poor, inferior, second-rate, second-class, unsatisfactory, inadequate, unacceptable, not up to scratch, not up to par, deficient, imperfect, defective, faulty, shoddy, amateurish, careless, negligent, dreadful, awful, terrible, abominable, frightful, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable, hopeless, worthless, laughable, lamentable, miserable, sorry, third-rate, diabolical, execrable, incompetent, inept, inexpert, ineffectual, crummy, rotten, pathetic, useless, woeful, bum, lousy, ropy, appalling, abysmal, pitiful, godawful, dire, poxy, not up to snuff, the pits, duff, chronic, rubbish, pants, egregious.
    Plus a whole load of other words that the Google thesaurus was too polite to include.

Best song in the world competition 'I just prefer it' Worst song in the world competition 'They should be put in front of a war crimes tribunal'

:D I think hate/dislike is an easier emotion to convey. Waxing lyrical about stuff I love wouldnt be an everyday thing and I find it much harder to put into words admittedly.

Maybe I'm just an ugly and hate filled man :pac:

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off Vs BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx [what a horrible racket]

3 of a kind - Babycakes Vs Rebecca Black - Friday [It's a Black Friday for you, lady]

Dj Otzi - Hey Baby Vs Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song [both atrocious but I go with my nom here]

DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour [just **** off Jedward!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up)
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
    Jenna Rose - My Jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Hey baby gets a vote if that **** is still standing

Macdarack wrote: »
    Hey baby gets a vote if that **** is still standing

Unfortunately its opponent reached 6 before your vote came in. Posting updated vote counts in a few minutes and we'll see if there's any outstanding matches in this round

Reh Dogg - I'm Jerking Off [1] Vs BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx [6]
    3 of a kind - Babycakes [4] Vs Rebecca Black - Friday [6]
    Dj Otzi - Hey Baby [5] Vs Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song [6]
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide [6] Vs Jedward - Bad Behaviour [4]

Axel F - Crazy Frog [6] Vs Kim Kardashian - Jam(Turn it up) [0]
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda [3] Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile [6]
    Nizlopi - JCB Song [0] Vs Ronan Keating - Fairytale of New York [6]
    Soulja Boy - Crank That [5] Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans [6]

All matches complete

Our Quarter Finalists are ::

BrokeNCYDE, Rebecca Black, Fast Food Rockers, DJ Casper, Axel F, Richie Kavanagh, Ronan Keating and Jenna Rose.

A big Boola Bus to all of them on their colossally **** singing/song writing abilities!

Join us again tomorrow morning and we'll start working our way through to a finish hopefully :D

• Advertisement

As soon as lockdown ends I will find a certain Mr Walsh and give him an almighty boot up the hoop! ;)

Advertisement