Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST song of all time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The Final!!!!!

Nominations now require 10 votes to win!

No need for a reason, though people are always welcome to give theirs. People have been giving their reasons all the way through which is brilliant and why I'm still not enforcing it! :D

This is the final and a winner will be called by at the absolute latest of 8pm tomorrow evening. That gives us a full 24 hours to hit the mark, which i'm quite sure we will do :D

Please be very upstanding for our 2 finalists as they duke it out to be crowned the WORST song of all time!

Reminder :: You are voting for the WORST song in this match

Final Match

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx

Vs

Axel F - Crazy Frog

There was only one good thing about Crazy Frog. You could tell someone was a complete idiot if they used it as their ringtone, and then avoid them like the plague.

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx Vs Axel F - Crazy Frog

Take your time with this one folks. Listen to each song intently. The power is in your hands!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx Vs Axel F - Crazy Frog - The Frog must win now it put out Richie Kavanagh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Never heard of Freaxxx before so gave it a listen and managed 35 seconds. I'm still going for Crazy Frog though because, it's f^cking Crazy Frog and is the worst recorded output ever and anyone who bought it should hang their heads in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In a shocking twist, I listened to both songs there again and Freaxxx has kind of grown on me...

Look I think there's far worse songs that were eliminated earlier in the competition (including both that got knocked out in the Semis), but between these two for worst song of all-time is...

Crazy Frog - Axel F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I vote Crazy Frog. I've never heard that BrokeNsyde until this competition and it is aural excrement, however I was subjected to Crazy frog's ear-acid warbling for years -ringtones on the phones of morons, blasting out of the windows of boy-racer's pratmobiles etc. and I want retribution dammit :mad:

By tomorrow morning I want that ****ing Frog sleeping with the fishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This really isn't a competition in this round for me.

Crazy Frog, the hateful little b*stard for the win. No hesitation.

And a worthy winner to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx Vs Axel F - Crazy Frog

It's amazing how one sound effect can destroy an otherwise decent (if dated) soundtrack. I imagine if you wanted to drive someone crazy in solitary confinement this would be a good way to do so.

According to Wikipedia it reached No. 1 in 14 different countries. All those people who put it there need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Particularly the French record buying public who put it at No. 1 for 13 weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: It is the third best selling single in France in the 21st century.

It is definitely worthy of the title of worst song of all time.

Just decided to read the Wikipedia page for BrokeNCYDE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokencyde

The terms used to describe the band and this song in particular in the Critical Reception section are exquisite!

And in the interest of fairness, this is the wiki for crazy frog, but it doesn't have the same witty critical reception :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Frog

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This is strange, I think the freak song is the worst of the 2 but I never heard of it until an hour ago and Im confident I will never hear it again. The frog song on the other hand, got so much airplay and was a smash hit, given that reason I believe it deserves to win this contest.

My vote, Crazy frog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Before i vote is there a 12 inch version of these songs just to put myself through further torture.

If the winning act have a twitter account we should tweet our congratulations to their account with a link to the thread.

Before i vote is there a 12 inch version of these songs just to put myself through further torture.

If the winning act have a twitter account we should tweet our congratulations to their account with a link to the thread.

It wont mean anything to Crazy Frog if you do it, but it would mean the world to BrokeNCYDE I would say

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx [0] Vs Axel F - Crazy Frog [7]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I cant but not vote for Crazy Frog here, a very worthy winner

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I'm going listening to the finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Axel F - Crazy Frog

It's not only irritating but it's one of the very few pieces of "music" that is capable of sending me into a rage.

Macdarack wrote: »

TA20qEn.gif

Crazy frog, every time Ive had the misfortune of hearing it over the years is more than enough reason to vote it . And every time I've heard a retard use it as a ring tone is another reason to vote for. As for that other shiiit song Ive never heard it before and never will hopefully.

BrokeNCYDE - Freaxxx [1] Vs Axel F - Crazy Frog [10]

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding BAW BAW

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

The Boards Decide :: WORST Song of all time goes to....

Crazy Frog - Axel F!!!

Thank you to everyone who took part in this very fine of competition, from the people who nominated entries to everyone who lodged a vote. You made the pain of having to listen to all that muck bearable :D

Cheers all and enjoy what's left of your weekend. Hopefully you wont be subjected to anymore aural unpleasantries than you have already had to endure! :D

• Advertisement

Well deservered winner, without doubt.

Thanks Rikand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great comp Rikand. Thanks for running it!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,311 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Macdarack wrote: »

Don't do it. I listened to 20 seconds of each and I'm traumatised.

While Brokencyde are undoubtedly horrifically bad, they probably think they're actual musicians as they've produced something original. Now admittedly, in an existence of infinite parallel universes the chances of anyone producing something that comes close to being as bad as that is infinitesimally small, but on this very minor point their output possibly has some merit.

Crazy Frog, on the other hand, have taken someone else's work and bastardised it to such an extent that Harold Faltermeyer has probably disowned the original at this stage in case anyone thinks he had a hand in the Crazy Frog version. What's worse, millions of people paid for this sh*t! This song is proof of the rapid decline of civilisation and has led to the current lockdown. Coronavirus is merely a cover story concocted by governments throughout the world to keep people away from recording studios in an effort to ensure that nothing like this is ever unleashed on an unsuspecting public again. So you know what you need to do - stay at home and vote for Crazy Frog. It's the only way to save humanity from ourselves.

A very worthy winner/loser.

Well done Rikand, it was worth the PTSD :pac:

Jesus christ I've listened to that Friday song, what have I done, Friday Friday Friday..........
    That fast food song, who the fuuuck (mc gregors sister style) came out with that, and who backed it, who the fuuuck allowed it ! They're fuuuck in adults.
    Dj casper is a poet laureate compared to most here BTW.

Didn't know it was a cover version actually. Learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,311 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Rikand, that was an epic and really fun contest, thanks for running it. While there's some awful muck out there, I think we found a worthy "winner", although I would have liked to see Richie Kavanagh in the final to give it a bit more of a run for its money.

Zaph wrote: »
    Rikand, that was an epic and really fun contest, thanks for running it. While there's some awful muck out there, I think we found a worthy "winner", although I would have liked to see Richie Kavanagh in the final to give it a bit more of a run for its money.

Speaking of Irish 'classics', I totally forgot to nominate this :(

quickbeam wrote: »
    Didn't know it was a cover version actually. Learn something new every day.

Here is the original Beverly Hills Cop theme to take the bad taste out of our collective mouths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kolido wrote: »
    This is strange, I think the freak song is the worst of the 2 but I never heard of it until an hour ago and Im confident I will never hear it again. The frog song on the other hand, got so much airplay and was a smash hit, given that reason I believe it deserves to win this contest.

My vote, Crazy frog.

I fcuking legitimately heard Axel F only an hour ago. Maybe it's recency bias or I'm losing my mind but a real wtf moment. Anyway, Crazy Frog managed to hit the number one spot in some countries. That is not ok. I would have voted for it.

Advertisement