Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating System for New Build

• 05-05-2020 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,
    Has anyone recommendation of what heating system to put in to a new build?
    Air to Water, Geothermal, Oil, Gas?
    All UFH, all radiators or a mixture of both?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

What stage are you at? Has your designer prepared any calculations yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BuildTomM

Planning permission has been received.

We haven't priced anything yet.

It's a 2400 sq ft bungalow

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the vast vast majority are going for heat pumps.... usually A2w unless conditions do not suit

id say the ratio is about 60 - 40 for UFH to rads (heat pumps suit UFH better)

fossil fuel systems are being phased out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Ever lived in a house with ufh? I wouldn't choose it (don't like the feeling in my feet from the warm floor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭tedimc

MicktheMan wrote: »
    Ever lived in a house with ufh? I wouldn't choose it (don't like the feeling in my feet from the warm floor).

Funny - I would never go back to rads. Also - the heat of the floor with Oil/Gas UFH is probably higher than that of a HP.

We have GS, using a bore hole. Would highly recommend it but it needs to be fitted by someone competent. But as Mick alludes to, make sure you like UFH first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement