Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove named driver because of claim

Options
  • 05-05-2020 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

My OH, Mr. Lemon's mam was named as a named driver on his policy when he lived in the same house as his parents.

Mr. Lemon's mother is also named on her own policy on her own car.

Recently Mr. Lemon and I moved into our own house. Mr. Lemon's mother damaged a mirror on a parked car when driving her own car on her own policy when up visiting us a few weeks ago.

The neighbours went through insurance.

Mr. Lemon thinks he should remove his mam as a named driver because of this.

Does he have to tell Liberty why he's removing her?

Is it necessary to do it now or does he only have to do it at renewal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Liberty and most insurers want the customer to declare all claims both mid year and at renewal at the latest. If he leaves mum on policy and says nothing then he is at risk of non-disclosure of claim that’s could have consequences for his policy and-or premium.
    Parents normally are free to have listed thus taking her off should not increase the premium. He could simply inform liberty that she had mishap on her policy, confirm the settlement costs and they’ll advise him if changes apply to his policy or not
    TK Lemon wrote: »
    My OH, Mr. Lemon's mam was named as a named driver on his policy when he lived in the same house as his parents.

Mr. Lemon's mother is also named on her own policy on her own car.

Recently Mr. Lemon and I moved into our own house. Mr. Lemon's mother damaged a mirror on a parked car when driving her own car on her own policy when up visiting us a few weeks ago.

The neighbours went through insurance.

Mr. Lemon thinks he should remove his mam as a named driver because of this.

Does he have to tell Liberty why he's removing her?

Is it necessary to do it now or does he only have to do it at renewal?

Advertisement