Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That Burke family have attached themselves to Gemma O'Doherty's bandwagons. If there's questions to be asked by media and public so be it but wonder have they an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

That's yer man from Gemma's gang. He's one of the people who filed the court case.

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I've no doubt that woman was associated with Gemma. The whole thing is being spread on twitter by one of the fellas who filed the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

I know.

This one seems like she has a personal grudge.

Just a typical journo. They have their favourites and people who they feel the public would like to see as their punch bags.

See the hypocritical nature of the reporting of Joe Biden and the allegations surrounding him. Maureen Dowd being one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This is yer wan

https://twitter.com/jemimaburkeirl?lang=en

Seems she's on a crusade against government, garda etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

A Gemma follower got in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Phillip is correct that they have removed the point from the original document that older people will need to be cocooned until the 5th phase.

https://www.ntdc.ie/health-guidelines-changes-and-overview-of-phases-to-reopen-ireland-may-2020/
    The continued protection of people aged over 70 and those with underlying health conditions is in line with recommendations of WHO, ECDC and EU Commission
    which all recognise the importance of protecting the vulnerable populations.
    "International and national evidence shows that those over 70 years and people with specific underlying health conditions are groups with an elevated risk for
    COVID-19. On this basis it is recommended that the cocooning measures for the over 70s and for those in at risk groups be continued."

Fair play to that Western Media woman, she was dead right to pursue him. That family chose to tell their story and that he doesn't have the specific information is irrelevant. In general, it is absolutely not safe in hospitals for regular patients with any kind of vulnerabilities. I hope the HSE are continuously held to account. They're just now saying that they have compassionate grounds to allow family members access their dying relatives. Where was their compassion with that family.

https://twitter.com/realJosiahBurke/status/1257581181119455233?s=09

How did a Gemma follower get in? Bad mess up by the press officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭tiegan

Gemima Burke - western news
    Should be able to watch it back here - she starts her rant at 41.45 https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=248416209902605

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah its the NUIG Burke clan. Just ignore that so highly unlikely to have any facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

social distancing will not hold, and is very difficult to police. The only thing that is tangible, visible and policeable is face coverings in indoor public places, inc. public transport. We will get there eventually

I said it last week, 2 weeks after Denmark started opening shops up there were images online and reports that social distancing had basically gone out the window.

Some posters here said not to draw conclusions from 1 country but it's quite obvious its human nature and not just 1 country.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Trump would have had her sent to Gunatanamo Bay....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

tiegan wrote: »
    Gemima Burke - western news
    Should be able to watch it back here - she starts her rant at 41.45 https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=248416209902605

How on earth was she allowed in. A family of head bangers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Don't they normally give the recovered figures on a Wednesday? I didn't hear them mention it, but I missed some of the start. Anyone have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah its the NUIG Burke clan. Just ignore that so highly unlikely to have any facts.

Who are these people haha complete ****ing mentalists. I'd love to see that gemma o Doherty one launched into the sun the stupid posh hack bitch.

shinny wrote: »
    Don't they normally give the recovered figures on a Wednesday? I didn't hear them mention it, but I missed some of the start. Anyone have this?
    17000 roughly

I said it last week, 2 weeks after Denmark started opening shops up there were images online and reports that social distancing had basically gone out the window.

Some posters here said not to draw conclusions from 1 country but it's quite obvious its human nature and not just 1 country.

Exactly.
    I don't blame anyone for it. It's how we're programmed and what we've known all our lives in the Western World. People have and will try their best but, impatience and natural instincts take over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The Chief Medical Officer said in the first 21,929 of those diagnosed with Covid-19, 71.6% or 17,110 had recovered in the community and 1,399 people had been discharged from hospital.

D.Q wrote: »
    Who are these people haha complete ****ing mentalists. I'd love to see that gemma o Doherty one launched into the sun the stupid posh bitch.

They are basically a complete family of O'Doherty style people located permanently within NUIG. I dunno how many of them there are but they are all a hivemind and constantly protesting something with support from the clan. There always seems to be a new one appearing.

The elder brother was good at maths grinds however.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

https://coronavirus-ireland.com/

I hope someone makes an Aoife McGregor meme video out of that press conference

It all kicked off tonight. Who or what is ''Western News''. Never heard of them. There's Western People but shes not from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Emmersonn wrote: »

That is an estimated number - based on normal recovery rate, but it does closely match their released figures

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Holahan showed far more patience there than he needed to imo. That was a totally unreasonable line of questioning, bordering on unhinged.

Tony has to keep his patience no matter what. If he says one thing out of line he'll be hung for it. Have a read through the relaxation of restrictions thread - it's depressing. Most of the posters in there view him as some sort of tyrant who is loving all of this and hope the restrictions go on forever. So I can only imagine how much they'd meltdown if he lost his patience in a briefing, no matter how justified, even for a second.

That was the closest I've ever seen him lose patience. It wasn't helped by the previous journalist splitting hairs to a ridiculous extent and refusing to accept, at length, that he was incorrect. But then to walk straight away into that line of questioning... It was sensationalist, exploitative nonsense, but she made the situation incredible. She would not let him get a single sentence out of his mouth, shouted at him constantly and then berated him for not answering a question. She literally would not stop shouting at him. It was jaw dropping stuff.

Who knows, underneath it all, she might have had a point with her line of questioning, but what a car crash - she prevented any of his answers being scrutinised because she would not stop shouting at him. How on earth is that woman supposedly a journalist?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so was that one of The Burkes? the notorious religious family https://twitter.com/jemimaburkeirl?lang=en

Eod100 wrote: »
    It all kicked off tonight. Who or what is ''Western News''. Never heard of them. There's Western People but shes not from there.

Probably a new Burke newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

pjohnson wrote: »
    They are basically a complete family of O'Doherty style people located permanently within NUIG. I dunno how many of them there are but they are all a hivemind and constantly protesting something with support from the clan. There always seems to be a new one appearing.

The elder brother was good at maths grinds however.

This post took a hairpin turn :D

Are these the folks famous for slightly mental signs all over roundabouts any time anyone does anything? LOVE a referendum?

They're just looking for a viral moment. I think Holohan did will after being ambushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Be right back

so was that one of The Burkes? the notorious religious family https://twitter.com/jemimaburkeirl?lang=en

Seems like a lovely bunch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement