Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm getting fed up of your miserable, bullying crap.
    And just so you know, he's given more good news to people on this site than you ever have or ever will.

Calling a poster negative is not bullying.

If he has given good news to people on here fair play but I am sick of him focusing on the negative stories rather that the positive one's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

This is not correct.

For example, I have consistently stated my belief the economy will rebound hyper fast only to be told by same crew that...

"YOU'RE BEING TOO OPTIMISTIC KERMIT!"

"RECORD UNEMPLOYMENT KERMIT!"

"WE'RE ALL DOOMED KERMIT!"

"THE WORLD IS FALLING DOWN AROUND US KERMIT!"

:pac:

Do you think cap letters make the above credible. A link to someone making those comments to you would be a more appropriate action on your behalf.
    As for your belief the economy will bounce back hyper fast, the available evidence contradicts you as do many experts . Although feel free to outline your economic expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Every player and staff member from the LOI testing programme (4 clubs) has tested negative

Good news that, just curious where you saw that ? Assumed FAI would make a big press release about it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

As for your belief the economy will bounce back hyper fast, the available evidence contradicts you as do many experts

Why do you have to be so negative all the time?

No answer to what I asked you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Negativity about the economy is good but negativity about the virus is bad, apparently. Sure scientists are a bunch of spoofers, while economists only deal in facts and logic.

No answer to what I asked you?

What was the question? :confused:

You read that article and think, wow they really have their **** together and aren't taking any chances, but then the wet markets are open again and bat arsehole will be back on the menu soon ... I don't get this penny wise pound foolish attitude.

Probably because they know it came from a lab anyway and not the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No one is suggesting it's Kermit's fault, it is however suggested he only posts misery never any good news which from what I have seen of his posts is a correct assessment of his comments todate.
    Yeah as I said in a previous post he has given lots of good news over the years on this site. More than most actually.

MD1990 wrote:
    Calling a poster negative is not bullying.
    If he has given good news to people on here fair play but I am sick of him focusing on the negative stories rather that the positive one's.
    I'm sick to death of you quoting him and saying it.
    And it is bullying, you are obviiusky too thick to realise that though.

• Advertisement

If you feel someone is bullying why not report it? Bullying is a term thrown around on these threads alot just to silence others. Fed up? Scroll on by its easy that's what I do.
    That's my point. If the other guy scrolls on by we have no issue or did you not think of that?

Negativity about the economy is good but negativity about the virus is bad, apparently. Sure scientists are a bunch of spoofers, while economists only deal in facts and logic.

Concentrating exclusively on deaths and positive cases whilst ignoring good news about declining deaths and lower infection rates ,personally is a sign of a very negative mindset tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

What was the question? :confused:

I don't know but here's some negativity.......
    Seaside town A&E closed down due to large number of asymptotic staff.
    Asymptomatic staff test positive for Covid-19 at Somerset hospital

Weston general stopped taking admissions on Monday to halt the spread of the virus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/27/asymptomatic-staff-test-covid-19-positive-somerset-weston-general-hospital#maincontent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

More and more proof the measures have been a success in really suppressing the spread of the disease although seasonal factors are probably at play too.

This is great to see.
    Concentrating exclusively on deaths and positive cases whilst ignoring good news about declining deaths and lower infection rates ,personally is a sign of a very negative mindset tbh.

He doesn't exactly seem very negative in this post? He isn't constantly negative at all. And thats just one example..?

I don't ignore it. I posted about the good news in Europe this morning.

What ratio of happy talk would be acceptable?

This is going to be fairly depressing thread overall one way or another given the subject mater but anyhow...

I don't ignore it. I posted about the good news in Europe this morning.
    What ratio of happy talk would be acceptable?
    This is going to be fairly depressing one way or another given the subject mater but anyhow...
    There's no need to defend yourself Kermit. As you can see there are lots of us that disagree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I remember Kermit being one of the original posters on this thread who kept banging the drum for action being taken sooner in January-March to save lives and save the economy. If people like him had been listed to more by wider society and influenced government thinking maybe there would have been no lockdown.

That's my point. If the other guy scrolls on by we have no issue or did you not think of that?

It's not your point, your point is to claim another poster is a bully because you disagree with him . Report it to a mod let them decide. Why do you get to call someone names though, isn't that a sign of bullying?

I find the daily mail tend to be more negative in General.
    Hospital in Weston-super-Mare that shut to new patients over spike in Covid-19 cases 'sees 40% of staff test positive for the infection'

- Weston General Hospital suddenly stopped accepting new patients on Monday
    - Bosses said there was a 'high number of Covid-19 patients' in the hospital
    - A leaked memo claimed 40% of staff had tested positive for the infection
    - The trust did not deny it, but said there was an 'emerging picture' of staff cases

Rocket science indeed. There's a big beach there for those that don't know.

514465.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8360767/Hospital-Weston-super-Mare-shut-new-patients-sees-40-staff-test-positive-Covid-19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭briany

As the lockdown eases, what happens if cases and deaths really *do* spike up again? Personally, I think that it would take twice as bad a scenario with the COVID to provoke the same governmental response as the disease becomes more normalised and as people would be much more reticent to relinquish the freedoms that were coming back as we head into a Summer of fine weather.

• Advertisement

It's not your point, your point is to claim another poster is a bully because you disagree with him . Report it to a mod let them decide. Why do you get to call someone names though, isn't that a sign of bullying?
    No it was your suggestion but you didn't give it to the bully. You gave it to the guy who is fed up of his bullying.
    I don't need to ask a mod if it's bullying. I'm posting on here for around 14 years, I think I have a clue at this stage.
    Who did I call names?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm sick to death of you quoting him and saying it.
    And it is bullying, you are obviiusky too thick to realise that though.

your the one calling me thick & getting emotional because I have stated 2-3 times about Kermits negative posting .

I dont think he has taken issue with it himself.

briany wrote: »
    As the lockdown eases, what happens if cases and deaths really *do* spike up again? Personally, I think that it would take twice as bad a scenario with the COVID to provoke the same governmental response as the disease becomes more normalised and as people would be much more reticent to relinquish the freedoms that were coming back as we head into a Summer of fine weather.

They could avoid it in summer but the major problems arrive in a collision with the flu season and other winter bugs.

That's when the risk of overwhelming is at it's highest.

We need to be prepared for that.

In the interest of fairness. This website might be more positive but you may find yourself missing key information due to it being negative. But I post if interested.

I personally love the positive specific language. I find the phrasing very comforting.

"Good chance vaccine may be deployable by end of year"

https://thegoodnewscoronavirus.com

514466.jpg

MD1990 wrote:
    your the one calling me thick & getting emotional because I have stated 2-3 times about Kermits negative posting .
    I dont think he has taken issue with it himself.
    I am taking issue with it. Saying it once is ok but you keep doing it and that's bullying.
    And the fact that the guy is not even remotely close to a negative nancy is another reason I'm responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Good news that, just curious where you saw that ? Assumed FAI would make a big press release about it
    https://twitter.com/grahamcummins29/status/1265667173869137926?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is it 5.30ish as usual today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Reminder today's numbers will be the first we have received for a specific day. 24hr period 00:00 to 00:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Another company offering anti body tests in Dublin

http://travelhealth.ie/p/Covid19PostInfectionTesting.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another company offering anti body tests in Dublin

http://travelhealth.ie/p/Covid19PostInfectionTesting.php

That's fairly cheap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement