Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It was said at yesterdays press conference that the reporting times were changing

So they'll be only taken in the data that arrives up till 12 midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Seamai wrote: »
    Next thing she'll be asking Holohan if an empire line frock would make here arse look big.

Which she should also know the answer to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Oh no, I think I might be coming down with a cold. Have a stuffy nose. My sense of smell and oxygen is ok. Not sure what else I can test myself with. I hope this isn't it.

Do you mind moving to another thread thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

YFlyer wrote: »
    Tomorrow's numbers will be today's 24hr figures. Likewise, today's numbers are yesterday's 24hr figures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Eod100 wrote: »
    If you're concerned give your GP a call and they will go through your symptoms over the phone and if they think you need a test will refer you. Might be more flexibility to refer these days. Should have result back relatively quickly too.

I'll ring GP tomorrow to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Realistically anyone who has a wedding has probably postponed. Need to have venue sorted and issue invites 2 or 3 months in advance. Anyone planning one for this summer, autumn or winter has probably postponed to same time next year. Besides possible extra costs who would want a wedding now? Would be weird

It would be a good time to get a small wedding done at some stage and keep the numbers low and to fcuk with all that nonsense of a big day that is expected nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If these were people who were already in hospital, and their condition deteriorated, it is hard to see why he would be worried from an overall perspective. A spike in hospital admissions or new cases would be much more of a cause for worry

From day one, the aim has been to not let our ICUs get over-run. We don't have anywhere near the capacity of ICU beds we should for a country with our overall wealth but multiple negligent governments mean that our healthcare system is under-resourced and bursting at the seams and that's before Covid by the way. In this regard, it doesn't matter whether they were already in a hospital or not.

Last I heard there was 48 Covid patients in ICU. Additional 5 is an increase of over 10%. As a once off increase it's nothing to worry about but if it's the beginning of an upward trend then that is very bad news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'll ring GP tomorrow to be on the safe side.

There's no harm to err on the side of caution sure. Know it's hayfever season too. Your GP might just advise you to monitor symptoms but no harm checking in with them to be on the safe side.

owlbethere wrote: »
    It would be a good time to get a small wedding done at some stage and keep the numbers low and to fcuk with all that nonsense of a big day that is expected nowadays.

I think if you're doing that, you could just go to registry office but yeah I get you. I just think the weird atmosphere might outweigh the benefit being able to do that though.

Tony is not dealing with any Ryanair questions

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Good luck proving any claim like that. There'll be no proof you picked it up in the workplace, simple defence could have picked it up on public transport.

It's not a criminal court so you don't need to have proof beyond all reasonable doubt, it goes on the balance of probabilities. So if your work colleague sitting beside you has it and management leave him there beside you, it's reasonable to expect that you got it off of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

thelad95 wrote: »
    From day one, the aim has been to not let our ICUs get over-run. We don't have anywhere near the capacity of ICU beds we should for a country with our overall wealth but multiple negligent governments mean that our healthcare system is under-resourced and bursting at the seams and that's before Covid by the way. In this regard, it doesn't matter whether they were already in a hospital or not.

Last I heard there was 48 Covid patients in ICU. Additional 5 is an increase of over 10%. As a once off increase it's nothing to worry about but if it's the beginning of an upward trend then that is very bad news indeed.

ICU numbers lag hospital numbers. Hospital numbers are dropping. No upward trend for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Interesting that only 8 players / staff out of 1700 tested positive for Covid-19 in the UK. This dispels the myth that there are large numbers of asymptomatic people out there - only about 0.5% of the sample had the virus.

I think it is worth asking those questions about nursing homes. They have leaned heavily on the idea that the nursing home is their home and disruption involved but if it would prevent death surely disruption is a more preferable alternative?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Balls anyway pretty high figures after monday

ICU numbers lag hospital numbers. Hospital numbers are dropping. No upward trend for the moi
    Yeah you need context. 15 admissions and 70 releases is not worrying in my books.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Interesting that only 8 players / staff out of 1700 tested positive for Covid-19 in the UK. This dispels the myth that there are large numbers of asymptomatic people out there - only about 0.5% of the sample had the virus.

I think number of asymptomatic people may be overestimated but not sure about PL as a sample of rest of population. Generally young fit and healthy players at peak of fitness, good nutrition and diet, exercise regularly etc. May play a part in not picking up infections possibly.

So only 68 new cases today, not 73 due to 5 denotified from previous day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think number of asymptomatic people may be overestimated but not sure about PL as a sample of rest of population. Generally young fit and healthy players at peak of fitness, good nutrition and diet, exercise regularly etc. May play a part in not picking up infections possibly.

For sure, but it would still suggest the asymptomatic thing is hugely overstated - physically fit footballers would be exactly the type of people who you would expect to be asymptomatic and not displaying more serious symptoms.

4 of today's deaths relate to yesterday, 3 to the day before. ~7 date back as far as March.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Oh no, I think I might be coming down with a cold. Have a stuffy nose. My sense of smell and oxygen is ok. Not sure what else I can test myself with. I hope this isn't it.

Or you've hayfever given the weather, have it myself stuffy nose most of the time nothing to worry about, never had it before last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,232 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sometimes you do your very best to organise things and then the idiot sibling sneakily arranges a birthday party for their 1 year old child. My wife asked me what I thought and I said it's not a good idea and she agreed.

No offence. But that's just fucking dumb...on numerous levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Is making silly faces a prerequisite for doing sign language ? .........asking for a friend

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Is making silly faces a prerequisite for doing sign language ? .........asking for a friend
    Emotion/physical movements are very important for ISL that's what makes it unique

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

It's not a criminal court so you don't need to have proof beyond all reasonable doubt, it goes on the balance of probabilities.

The balance of probabilities...for a droplet-transmitted virus? Unless there is gross dishonesty at play the only answer is "We don't know".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Are any of today's new cases related to community transmission?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

YFlyer wrote: »

Midnight to midnight now that the way it works. So tomorrow we get midnight just gone to midnight tonight

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

4 of today's deaths relate to yesterday, 3 to the day before. ~7 date back as far as March.

Why put the 7 from March in today what's the story

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement