Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

mean gene wrote: »
    Why put the 7 from March in today what's the story
    They're notifications, not confirmation of deaths. 2000 people could have died today and they'd still not be notified for another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

At present, in the community, away from nursing homes and hospitals, you couldn’t contract coronavirus if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

4 of today's deaths relate to yesterday, 3 to the day before. ~7 date back as far as March.

That explains it so.
    Reporting really needs to be stricter, shouldn't be a case of having a death being reported only 2 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Strazdas wrote: »
    For sure, but it would still suggest the asymptomatic thing is hugely overstated - physically fit footballers would be exactly the type of people who you would expect to be asymptomatic and not displaying more serious symptoms.

No it doesn’t. The U.K. didn’t do mass testing at all, the test only works if you’re symptomatic or just beforehand. Even at that it’s just 70% accurate or less at best. Many of those players probably had it as a mild dose and didn’t even know.

That explains it so.
    Reporting really needs to be stricter, shouldn't be a case of having a death being reported only 2 months later.
    It's an awful quirk in our system. Quite frustrating as it's not a good indicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

4 of today's deaths relate to yesterday, 3 to the day before. ~7 date back as far as March.

So no zero death days yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,232 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This is not correct.

For example, I have consistently stated my belief the economy will rebound hyper fast only to be told by same crew that...

"YOU'RE BEING TOO OPTIMISTIC KERMIT!"

"RECORD UNEMPLOYMENT KERMIT!"

"WE'RE ALL DOOMED KERMIT!"

"THE WORLD IS FALLING DOWN AROUND US KERMIT!"

:pac:

:p

300?cb=20140117150608

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

owlbethere wrote: »
    Are any of today's new cases related to community transmission?

59% of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mean gene wrote: »
    Why put the 7 from March in today what's the story

Bank holiday coming up? Need to stop people getting complacent. Not serious btw.
    Just a delay in reporting, unfortunately though people just go with the headline without listening or reading the explanation for the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Including cases from march because today's actual figures arent scary enough!

• Advertisement

Over 400 deaths in UK. They aren't on top of this virus at all. Which will likely effect our efforts in the medium term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Eod100 wrote: »
    Realistically anyone who has a wedding has probably postponed. Need to have venue sorted and issue invites 2 or 3 months in advance. Anyone planning one for this summer, autumn or winter has probably postponed to same time next year. Besides possible extra costs who would want a wedding now? Would be weird

I work in the wedding industry. I still have a large number of weddings in for September to December. It is very relevant to me that questions get asked as to whether or not I will make any more money this year and I'm glad someone is asking.

US2 wrote: »
    Including cases from march because today's actual figures arent scary enough!
    Another thing to remember about our cases today is that some of them include suspected cases already hospitalised. This limits the number of community cases even further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Arghus wrote: »
    59% of them.

Have they been releasing this stat all the way throughout? I have never seen a single arm of the media report on how many positive cases (cases, not deaths) occured in the wider community.

How exactly is "community transmission" defined?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,232 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

MD1990 wrote: »
    Calling a poster negative is not bullying.

The consistent whinging about their contribution is though.

59% of them.
    Not correct. 59% relates to overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

59% of them.

Is this for real? So we got 68 new cases today and you say 59% is from community transmissions. From my calculations that makes it to be approximately 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Whats the current ICU numbers?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Whats the current ICU numbers?
    The daily update comes out about 10pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Why are RTÉ always so lazy when reporting figures? Just now on 6.1 News reporting that the. U.S. has had almost 100,000 deaths from COVID-19, it passed that landmark early yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Have they been releasing this stat all the way throughout? I have never seen a single arm of the media report on how many positive cases (cases, not deaths) occured in the wider community.

How exactly is "community transmission" defined?

As far as I know community transmission is defined as transmission not related to a current case or current cluster. Person picked up the infection from the community and they don't know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I work in the wedding industry. I still have a large number of weddings in for September to December. It is very relevant to me that questions get asked as to whether or not I will make any more money this year and I'm glad someone is asking.

Due to go to one in the middle of October myself and it's still on at the moment. Long way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A most spiky and tetchy performance from Dr Holohan this evening
    He's been that way for about a week, since the finger pointing started in earnest.
    Was it the 2m question or the nursing homes one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

owlbethere wrote: »
    As far as I know community transmission is defined as transmission not related to a current case or current cluster. Person picked up the infection from the community and they don't know how.

That's what I always assumed. Thanks. Basically caught it out and about, on transport, at work but not in a workplace defined as a cluster etc.
    Not correct. 59% relates to overall.

Was wondering this.

So 59 percent have caught it out and about, or (I assume) off a family member or housemate who caught it that way.

Mot important question remains and nobody seems to be providing it.

How many of today's 70 odd cases are community transmission?

How many of those in the past 14 days, IIRC the first consistent good numbers started on May 11.

I'm the only person in my workplace bothering to social distance, it would be nice to know what percent of the general population are walking around with this thing.

That's what I always assumed. Thanks. Basically caught it out and about, on transport, at work but not in a workplace defined as a cluster etc.

Was wondering this.

So 59 percent have caught it out and about, or (I assume) off a family member or housemate who caught it that way.

Mot important question remains and nobody seems to be providing it.

How many of today's 70 odd cases are community transmission?

How many of those in the past 14 days, IIRC the first consistent good numbers started on May 11.
    Community tranmission is virtually 0. The majority of current cases are in the community but close contacts. This means that they are based in the community, but they can track where it has been caught from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's been that way for about a week, since the finger pointing started in earnest.
    Was it the 2m question or the nursing homes one?

I haven't watched one of the condrences have only seen photos of him and descriptions of his dialoge here. Must be some serious pressure coming on him from big companies about now. He's dammed either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My son's sister in law's wedding is in September, still going ahead. Although it's at her family home under a marquee. 150 people invited over 2 days.
    Hope business stays on track for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

What is the days death toll minus any deaths from March or denotifications.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement