Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Onesea wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if Tony gets the boot, and the country skips almost all of the stages and opens up in a very short space of time. (one day)
    With other countries leading the way our exit from lockdown will be swift.

I'll have two of whatever you're smoking please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

In terms of the CMO he should have gone after the cervical check controversy

He should have, and I’ll bet he wished he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Wouldn't surprise me if Tony gets the boot, and the country skips almost all of the stages and opens up in a very short space of time. (one day)

Earth calling.....come in...over....

Do you just spout this rubbish to get a reaction or are you actually that removed from reality?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

eagle eye and plumbthedepths stop sniping at each other and other posters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

This could literally be a tweet from Trump, especially the "one day" in brackets. And Tony Fauci getting the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The CDC are convinced that seasonal factors are at work in the same way as flu.
    Yeah it's my first place to go to read up on the virus. They have an excellent website.
    That's all we have to go on and the data from south America and South Africa.
    Vitamin D might be a key. In places where it gets too hot people do not spend much time in the sun.
    Australia and New Zealand are more geographically isolated, have taken strict travel measures, so it might take more time there. There is not uniform risk across the southern hemisphere.
    Australia and New Zealand have done a fantastic job. Yes they are more geographically isolated but there's big cities and their measures prevented the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'll have two of whatever you're smoking please.

Given the gibberish that comes from that poster on a daily basis, I don't think that would be a good idea. :D

Jackman25 wrote:
    Are you for real? He has been a laughing stock on this forum with his doom-mongering, only taken seriously by terror-stricken posters such as yourself.
    I'm afraid of nothing, it's actually my big weakness.
    You are one of the jokes in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

eagle eye wrote: »

Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

He should have, and I’ll bet he wished he had.

He was asked twice to resign, refused so whatever comes his way is of his own making.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

Was prob a tad optimistic. Just a bit

No fan of this lad, especially after his failure to deliver on his election platform. But it's refreshing to see someone raise their head above the parapet and to stop hiding behind Holohan, I guess though imminent retirement makes one brave.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/minister-breaks-ranks-and-calls-for-social-distancing-rules-to-be-relaxed-1002090.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Australia and New Zealand have done a fantastic job. Yes they are more geographically isolated but there's big cities and their measures prevented the spread.

Again, us, as an island nation is a major plus, it makes it logistically easier for us. But that major plus and help is challenged because of this whole fuçkin ‘socially needy’ and ‘be alright’ personality traits...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cali going to take off like New York, US shut country down, even though it was mostly in New York, now they are opening up whole country, and now it's spreading so we'll see many New Yorks.
    Cali is creeping up, broke 100,000 cases, with 3k plus cases a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HSE operations report for today just released.

A mixed bag really but overall still quite steady.

As of 8pm 233 confirmed cases in acute hospitals, up from 218 yesterday, but still a major drop from Monday when it was at 288.

As of 18:30 48 confirmed cases in ICU, which is the same as yesterday. Was expecting this to be higher following the CMOs comments earlier.

Only 5 cases confirmed in Irish hospitals today.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Course you are. Every second post whining about teenagers or social distancing.
    Very few care any more.
    The country is moving on. The politicians will catch up soon. Michael Martin finally doing the country a favour today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

HSE operations report for today just released.

A mixed bag really but overall still quite steady.

As of 8pm 233 confirmed cases in acute hospitals, up from 218 yesterday, but still a major drop from Monday when it was at 288.

As of 18:30 48 confirmed cases in ICU, which is the same as yesterday. Was expecting this to be higher following the CMOs comments earlier.

Only 5 cases confirmed in Irish hospitals today.

Zero cases confirmed in Dublin hospitals, which is good news.There had been a bit of a spike in Dublin admissions over the last week, but looks like it was just a blip now.

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Course you are. Every second post whining about teenagers or social distancing.
    Very few care any more.
    The country is moving on. The politicians will catch up soon. Michael Martin finally doing the country a favour today

Martin was trying to make political hay today same as his comments on the number of people waiting on tests.
    Situation wouldn't be any different if he was Taoiseach, just a pipe dream to think that it would.

Zero cases confirmed in Dublin hospitals, which is good news.There had been a bit of a spike in Dublin admissions over the last week, but looks like it was just a blip now.

Yeah that is good news indeed. Numbers in Dublin hospitals still trending downwards, mater with the most at 44 but that was routinely 100+ not too long ago.

Likewise 13 cases in vincents, with Beaumont seriously coming down to 16, it was another badly hit hosptial in terms of constantly high numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Cali going to take off like New York, US shut country down, even though it was mostly in New York, now they are opening up whole country, and now it's spreading so we'll see many New Yorks.
    Cali is creeping up, broke 100,000 cases, with 3k plus cases a day.

I dont think so. There are still only 3800 deaths in California which is relatively low considering the amount of cases and in comparison to new york. Whatever strain the west coast got seems to be mild in comparison to the east coast. Also, the population of California is almost 40 million to put those numbers in perspective

Seems like the increase in numbers is because of more testing and not because of uncontrolled outbreaks spreading . Same thing is happening in my state yet deaths and hospitalisations are dropping for weeks now, despite reopening. As far as I've seen its nowhere near to being overwhelmed like new york was and there are no indications that it will be.
    California is the fourth state to surpass 100,000 confirmed cases. New York leads with more than 300,000 cases. California has recorded more than 3,800 deaths, far fewer than New York, which has 29,000; New Jersey, which has 11,000; or Massachusetts, which has recorded 6,400.

The rising cases don’t necessarily mean outbreaks are spreading. California has dramatically increased testing, which some officials credit for the rise in confirmed cases.

With cases on track to nearly double in May, the governor has pointed to steady numbers in hospitalizations and other metrics as proof that the state is bending the curve. But he cautioned that reopening doesn’t mean the threat of the virus is gone.

So, calm down

He's been quite informative throughout and gives detailed posts on his twitter page along with the odd longer recorded conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's been quite informative throughout and gives detailed posts on his twitter page along with the odd longer recorded conversation.

Impossible what he is saying. back to normal in UK in a matter of weeks, can't see it.
    Here maybe, but not there.

Impossible what he is saying. back to normal in UK in a matter of weeks, can't see it.
    Here maybe, but not there.

9 weeks away. He is saying August for normality. He has also said others laughed at him before but he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

9 weeks away. He is saying August for normality. He has also said others laughed at him before but he was right.

The virus may be gone but as to the economy being back to normal - don't think so
    No country is going to be back to normal til next year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

More normal perhaps, close to normal even. But there will be no large events or gatherings in august, don't see how you could call life completely normal when any large festivals gatherings and sports events are still being cancelled.

Jackman25 wrote:
    Course you are. Every second post whining about teenagers or social distancing. Very few care any more. The country is moving on. The politicians will catch up soon. Michael Martin finally doing the country a favour today
    Big difference between fear and my other trait which is common sense.
    I'd suspect you are very lacking in the common sense department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Getting more positive outlook by the day, even from the experts and us getting back to as near normal as possible.

Definitely more positive about it than I was two months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1265757168504049664

For Wednesday, so far, 1,535 confirmed new deaths in the US. Total 102,107.

New York is a bit of a bright spot with 102 deaths which is well down on the peak there. The rest are as you were by and large.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement