Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Contactless debit cards

Options
  • 05-05-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to request a debit card without contactless? I do not like the unverified nature of contactless transactions and I would prefer a card without such "functionality."

Additionally, If I am unable to get a non-contactless debit card, will I be reimbursed for any fraudulent usage in the event my card is stolen? 

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Qrt

Thank you for contacting us here with your card query.

Although it is not possible to avail of a card without the contactless option, please be assured if your card is compromised our Fraud Team will fully investigate and work as quickly as possible to resolve with you. As each fraud case can differ, we are unable to provide a direct answer to your reimbursement question.

We hope the above helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Hi Qrt

Thank you for contacting us here with your card query.

Although it is not possible to avail of a card without the contactless option, please be assured if your card is compromised our Fraud Team will fully investigate and work as quickly as possible to resolve with you. As each fraud case can differ, we are unable to provide a direct answer to your reimbursement question.

We hope the above helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

When was the new card policy introduced? My aunt had a bad experience with contactless and she was given a regular non-contactless card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks QRT for coming back to us on this.

This policy was implemented late Summer last year.

If you are viewing card transactions online and need to check any of these with us, please be assured we have Team available 24/7 to offer assistance. The ROI Freephone number is 1800 946 764.

We have some information here on how to stay safe online and tips for using card at the ATM.

We hope the above helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 9 5678

Qrt wrote: »
    When was the new card policy introduced? My aunt had a bad experience with contactless and she was given a regular non-contactless card.

If you snip off the bottom right corner of the card, it breaks the embedded rfid wiring disabling the contactless and keeping the card usable. This is why when cards get old and develop a crack in pockets or whatever the contactless stops working,

Snip off a bit, go shop try it, if contactless still works go litte deeper etc

https://www.instructables.com/id/Disabling-Contacless-Payment-on-Debit-Cards/

Advertisement