Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reported posts and content still there

Options
  • 05-05-2020 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

In this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056479220&page=103

You can see two comments made along the lines of feeding people to wild animals or blowing them up.

When i raised the issue, it has been laughed off and tried to turn into sure only a joke

A mod eventually replied and didn't cleanup those posts and posts coming from it, even admitting he didn't like one of the people in question

"I have no time for Gemma et al ....."

Another mod then came up and cleaned other posts no problem, especially one as it questioned how boards mods work etc

I do less and ask why the posts where not deleted and I got a warning and told in PM to report them (I did twice) or contact Mods, waste of time as you can see one of them have "no time" for the people in question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'm not seeing the issue here TBH. The mod responded to the posts and dealt with the situation accordingly, they just didn't deal with it in the way you would personally have liked them to.

As for the mod leaving the post in situ, again, I don't see as an issue. Unless a post is particularly egregious - i.e libellous or a downright -ist of some shape or another, my personal preference too would be to leave it in place. Sometimes sunlight is the best disinfectant, and it often doesn't hurt to let somebody's stupidity to remain in place and trust that the user base can distinguish for themselves, what is pertinent information and what is bluster from a keyboard warrior.

WRT to the mod's comment, it's a tad disingenuous to cherrypick the words that suit your argument. The full sentence was as follows:
    I have no time for Gemma et al but we all need to moderate what we post.

It seems like the mods can never win. Accusations of mod bias get thrown about all the time, if anything this shows that the mod is acting impartially by asking users to self moderate despite their own personal feelings on the subject, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

May as well delete this as I've deleted my posts in the thread and asked mods or posters to delete quotes of my posts

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement