If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earphones Recommendation

Options
  • 05-05-2020 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a budget of around €50 and was hoping for some suggestions. From doing some reading online, it looks like the SoundMagic E11C are a good set, but you may have other suggestions.

Criteria I'm looking for:
    • In-ear 
    • Will be using mostly while exercising
    • Needs to have mic
    [*]

That's it, I'm not fussy apart from that, I'm just looking for the best sound whilst being inclusive of the above.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

moneyman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a budget of around €50 and was hoping for some suggestions. From doing some reading online, it looks like the SoundMagic E11C are a good set, but you may have other suggestions.

Criteria I'm looking for:
    • In-ear 
    • Will be using mostly while exercising
    • Needs to have mic

[*]

That's it, I'm not fussy apart from that, I'm just looking for the best sound whilst being inclusive of the above.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.
    [*]
    Hey Moneyman.

Thanks for the post.

The E11C are a good headphone, however they are currently out of stock and I have no ETA for more stock.

There is the Sony MDREX650 coming in at 49 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201019-sony-mdrex650-in-ear-mic-headphones.aspx

Or the very good Sennheiser M2 in ear priced at 56.99 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201163-sennheiser-momentum-in-ear-m2-in-ear-mic-headphones.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Thanks for the reply.

I had those exact Sennheiser's a couple of years ago, and while the sound was decent, they were surprisingly quiet. I also had multiple issues with one earphone not working, and had to send them back twice to be repaired within the warranty period. The third time they broke, I didn't even bother sending them back to be repaired. So despite Sennheiser's good reputation, I'll be avoiding them.

The Sony's are a bit old and have mixed reviews online. I will keep an eye out for a re-stock of the SoundMagic earphones. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply.

I had those exact Sennheiser's a couple of years ago, and while the sound was decent, they were surprisingly quiet. I also had multiple issues with one earphone not working, and had to send them back twice to be repaired within the warranty period. The third time they broke, I didn't even bother sending them back to be repaired. So despite Sennheiser's good reputation, I'll be avoiding them.

The Sony's are a bit old and have mixed reviews online. I will keep an eye out for a re-stock of the SoundMagic earphones. Cheers!
    No problem at all MoneyMan.

Keep your eye on our website :)

Hi David,

I see you have the Soul Byrd Beyerdynamic set in stock, any opinion on these? They seem to have good reviews online. Anything you could do on the price for a loyal customer? Bought a TV from you back in 2016 :)

Also I would consider upping my budget to €100 if you felt a pair in stock were worth it. 

Hi David,

I see you have the Soul Byrd Beyerdynamic set in stock, any opinion on these? They seem to have good reviews online. Anything you could do on the price for a loyal customer? Bought a TV from you back in 2016 :)

Also I would consider upping my budget to €100 if you felt a pair in stock were worth it. 
    Hey MoneyMan.

The Soul Byrd are also a good little headphone. The 64.99 Euro would be the best price on these.

I personally haven't heard them but they sold well via the store.

There is also the RHA 750i @ 79 Euro. I've heard some of the other RHA ones and they sound great. ( I could offer these at 73 Euro)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201811-rha-ma750i-in-ear-mic-headphones.aspx

Or even the Klipsch T5m comin in at 84 Euro voted best inear headphone £50-£100 in What HiFi
    (I could offer a better deal on these at 71 Euro) - (Very Low stock)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204434-klipsch-t5m-wired-in-ear-mic-headphones.aspx

I have little margin on headphone unfortunately for discount.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny.

If I decide to go ahead with the Sound Byrd, can I pay in sterling? They're listed at 49.95 which works out cheaper than the € price.

Thanks Kenny.

If I decide to go ahead with the Sound Byrd, can I pay in sterling? They're listed at 49.95 which works out cheaper than the € price.
    Hey Moneyman.

Of course.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out cheapest for yourself.

Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭sheriff2

Hi Kenny;

Piggybacking on this tread, is there a wireless pair youd recommend for running

sheriff2 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny;

Piggybacking on this tread, is there a wireless pair youd recommend for running
    Hey Sheriff2.

I use the RHA True Connect myself for running and they are great.
    Priced at 129 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203712-rha-trueconnect-in-ear-mic-wireless-bluetooth-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.