Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School without running hot water. Looking at options.

• 05-05-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭

While hot water is not a necessity for hand washing it would certainly make it more pleasant for the kids next winter when we have to continue the covid19 precautions and ensure regular thorough hand washing.

So, how do we go about getting hot water.
    School built in the 70's. Oil fired central heating. 12 classrooms each with 2 wash hand basins in toilets and 1 kitchen type sink in the classroom. Several other corridor and staff toilets. A total of 42 sinks with cold water tap only. There is one undersink water heater in the staff kitchen.

What's the most economical way to bring hot water around the school?

Individual undersink water heaters for each sink,
    Plug in hot taps (possibly not an option in toilets I guess ? )
    Water from a central immersion heater piped around the school?
    Are there other options?

I realise this is probably not enough information to give a definitive answer but I would appreciate your thoughts as a starting point.
    Thanks.

Advertisement