Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yellow card is soccer/covid thread

Options
  • 06-05-2020 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

Banned from the soccer forum, I've messaged T4TF twice with no response, I don't really care about the ban as such just the reasoning around the second yellow.

I posted a question asking was it too obvious for the LOI guidelines to have no reference of no spitting/clearing noses while on the field, poster called naillo responded to my post "if they're tested what does it matter". No where in the LOI guidelines does it mention testing, it mentions players taken their temperatures prior to and after games are played. A few posts later someone posted a linked to an article from a doctor worrying about spitting if football was to resume.. I repeated that the doctor was worried about spitting and repeated what naillo's response "what does it matter".. T4TF reasoning for carding me and resulting in a 2 week ban was attacking the poster and not the post and mentioning the previous mod note on the thread. If I had the foggiest idea of multi quoting from the touch site (I should learn) if I did do a multi quoting on the posts would that be still considered attacking the poster? Or a simple retorting of his opinion of "what does it matter".

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you appealing the card (which resulted in the ban), i so I can move this thread to the Dispute Resolution Forum

If not, is this a complaint about the moderator not having responded to your PMs?If that is the case I can ask one of the Sports CMods to have a look, but the thread correctly belongs here in Help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Beasty, yeah I'd like to dispute the card for the reasons outlined. Makes no sense to me if the whole picture of the discussion in taken into account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to DRP with appropriate prefix set.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi MeMen2_MoRi_,

Your card was for:
    Attacking the poster and not a post based on something that they had not responded to. Everyone has been warned on restart of this thread.

For this post:
    The above article, doctor worrying about spitting.. niallo response "what does it matter" lol

As it was a second yellow, it resulted in an automatic 2-week ban.

Can you please forward me the pm's where you attempted to resolve this with T4TF and I'll take a look.

first message

Hi T4TF, can I get clarification on the reasoning behind this card and resulting ban. In a previous of mine, I asked about the spitting and clearing of the nose not being mentioned in the LOI guidelines for getting football back up and running, naillo responded to that post with "if they've been tested, what does it matter". There was no mentioning of testing anywhere only that players would have to take temperatures prior to and after games.. The only relevant part of niallos post was what did matter that players would be spitting/clearing their noses on the pitch, which matters a whole lot in times of a pandemic that is transmitted by water droplets.

T4TF Resonse

I have had 6 pms from you and I thought that this was another one that was exactly the same. On what basis are you appealing your card please?

second

I'm disputing that I was attacking the poster, when I was attacking a previous post he responded to me where I asked about the lack of no spitting or clearing the nose on the field being in the regulations of the LOI draft rules to get football back behind closed doors..

naillo responded to that post with "if they were tested what does it matter".

T4TF 2nd response

niallo response "what does it matter" lol - You misrepresented his position and used that position to post a sniping post to attack the individual rather than the position he actually held.

There was a post on the thrad to say no sniping and I cannot see that post as anything other than that, by posting on the thread you implicitly accepted that you would follow the stricter rules.

• Advertisement

first message

Hi T4TF, can I get clarification on the reasoning behind this card and resulting ban. In a previous of mine, I asked about the spitting and clearing of the nose not being mentioned in the LOI guidelines for getting football back up and running, naillo responded to that post with "if they've been tested, what does it matter". There was no mentioning of testing anywhere only that players would have to take temperatures prior to and after games.. The only relevant part of niallos post was what did matter that players would be spitting/clearing their noses on the pitch, which matters a whole lot in times of a pandemic that is transmitted by water droplets.

T4TF Resonse

I have had 6 pms from you and I thought that this was another one that was exactly the same. On what basis are you appealing your card please?

second

I'm disputing that I was attacking the poster, when I was attacking a previous post he responded to me where I asked about the lack of no spitting or clearing the nose on the field being in the regulations of the LOI draft rules to get football back behind closed doors..

naillo responded to that post with "if they were tested what does it matter".

T4TF 2nd response

niallo response "what does it matter" lol - You misrepresented his position and used that position to post a sniping post to attack the individual rather than the position he actually held.

There was a post on the thrad to say no sniping and I cannot see that post as anything other than that, by posting on the thread you implicitly accepted that you would follow the stricter rules.

I left out "if they were tested" it stated no where in the LOI document about anything with regards testing, it was neither here nor there and wasn't warranted to be put in, if I'm misrepresenting niallo's post he's also misrepresenting the LOI document and misrepresented the concerns i raised about the no spitting and clearing the nose on the field?

Also, was the previous interaction with niallo taken into consideration when issuing the card?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi,

T4TF has informed me that you are still in discussion on this so I'll park this DRP for now.

Steve wrote: »
    Hi,

T4TF has informed me that you are still in discussion on this so I'll park this DRP for now.

Cheers Steve

To add more context around niallo's response "if they were tested what does it matter".

Article in the telegraph, with regards the resumption of the PL getting going again. All players WILL be having Covid19 tests and not a simple temperature taken like LOI players..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/06/premier-league-ban-team-celebrations-shirt-swapping-spitting/

Why is the PL looking at banning spitting when players have been tested? They'll only be on the field when they've tested negative.

I haven't a clue how my carded post can anyway be construed as attacking the poster, sniping at the poster when I was countering his previous post in response to my question about no mentioning of banning spitting on the field.

Are you saying you have exhausted discussing this with the mod?

• Advertisement

Hi Steve, yes the PM route with T4TF has been exhausted. I asked T4TF to post the exchange here he said he'd post it in the mods forum, just for transparency I'd like it posted here, if you could do that?

Hi Steve, yes the PM route with T4TF has been exhausted. I asked T4TF to post the exchange here he said he'd post it in the mods forum, just for transparency I'd like it posted here, if you could do that?

Can you post the pm's here or forward them to me, just so I know both parties are giving the same account of what was said.

Thanks.

There's 3 more PM's, it's telling me I've to wait x amount of time before I can send them..

I'll forward them to you in the morning.

That's all the PM's I have Steve I forwarded on.

Thanks, got them.

Lot going on at the mo so please bear with me.

I can see you're hard at work in the soccer forum haha. I'd vote to keep the thanks button if I could :p

Steve/Beasty can one you of have a look at this pass an opinion on it. My thoughts around the post are well explained I believe in the PM exchange and here on the thread.

Post was borderline, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there

Sorry for the delay.

Card rescinded.

Steve wrote: »
    Post was borderline, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there

Sorry for the delay.

Card rescinded.

Cheers Steve. I was looking for this to move forward the reason being the ban was up. Like I said from the out set I didn't have an issue about the card as such, just wanted a bit more expanding on the reasoning.. happy to leave things here, move forward. Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you both

Marked resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement