Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting write up's from forbes, huff post etc

• 06-05-2020 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I was reading an article recently from an irish D2C company that managed to get write up's in Forbes, Mashable, CNN, Huffington post etc
    They were in the form of "the top 10 places to buy ...." in which their company was one of the top 10.
    They recommend skimlinks to achieve these results.

I am a bit confused as to how that works as it looks like they are listed in skimlinks as a merchant for which affiliates can join their program.

Can anyone explain how that works?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Do you have a link to the article?

Skimlinks, which I think Boards uses as well, monetises keywords and links. So, as a really simple example, if you were selling keyboards then anytime the word was used in text on publishers' sites the plain word would be converted to a link to your site.
    I've no idea how using skimlinks would have got them into an article by a big content site though

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tara4

mneylon wrote: »
    I've no idea how using skimlinks would have got them into an article by a big content site though

Unless of course they paid through the nose to the big sites for them ...

Advertisement