Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Laptop Sound Solutions

Options
  • 06-05-2020 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I've been upgradeing an old Lenovo N100 3000 laptop. More ram, SSD everything. When it came to to CPU I had to update the BIOS.

Unfortunatly I had a choice to make regarding 2 versions of bios to suit 2 differt sound chips for this model. I went with some very hand wavey advice and picked the wrong one.

I can't reflash the bios. I get a blue screen every time I try. It's all working it's just the sound is gone. What should I buy now for sound?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I have this sorted. I have a Hyper X Cloud headset with a seperate sound chip. I can use this with speakers or headphones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sabrent make USB DACs(sound cards) which are really good for less than 20 quid.

Advertisement