Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise pollution

Options
  • 06-05-2020 9:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

I don't know what section to put this in. Moderators, feel free to move it.

There is a constant low level humming noise coming from a pump or similar near my house. I think it started after upgrades to the sewage processing plant.

Reported it to the county council plus Irish water. Both have tried to dismiss my claim.

Its constant 24/7 annoying background noise. You can feel it, kind of like a vibration. Who to or where would I go with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

I cant help Im afraid, but when I lived in D7, I remember something similar. Only noticed it at night in bed, but I dont remember ever hearing it start or stop, so I suppose it was going 24/7. Im a light sleeper, but strangely this one didnt affect my sleep - my 2yo did enough of that. I got used to it I suppose. Good luck - I know such sounds can be very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

johnmck wrote: »
    There is a constant low level humming noise coming from a pump or similar near my house. I think it started after upgrades to the sewage processing plant.
    Record sounds at set distances from the plant may allow you to determine if it's from within the plant, or outside the plant.

Advertisement