Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Virgin Media

Options
  • 06-05-2020 9:26am

Hi

I am trying to contact Virgin Media to cancel.

Its a disaster trying to ring or contact online. no one is answering.

Is there anyone having this issue. I've been trying since last week.
    Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

keeffo2005 wrote: »
    Hi

I am trying to contact Virgin Media to cancel.

Its a disaster trying to ring or contact online. no one is answering.

Is there anyone having this issue. I've been trying since last week.

I got through to cancellations yesterday on this number *00 353 (1) 245 8000‬. It will day offices are closed but it will then prompt to press 1 for customer services. One of the options (option3) I think, is for cancellations. They are open but prepare for a wait, I was waiting 28 minutes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Cable

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Try them on WhatsApp, the number is 089 600 0016

First, type in anything at all, you'll get an automated reply with a prompt....

Please select an option below...

1. Technical Support
    2. Sky Sports
    3. Customer Care
    4. Moble phone support
    5. Sales
    6. Other

Type the appropriate number, then wait for an agent to take the query. Regardless of the query, they will first ask for your name, address, a/c no (or contact phone no.) and if you are the subscriber. Not sure if 3 or 5 would be the appropriate code for a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

coylemj wrote: »
    Try them on WhatsApp, the number is 089 600 0016

First, type in anything at all, you'll get an automated reply with a prompt....

Please select an option below...

1. Technical Support
    2. Sky Sports
    3. Customer Care
    4. Moble phone support
    5. Sales
    6. Other

Type the appropriate number, then wait for an agent to take the query. Regardless of the query, they will first ask for your name, address, a/c no (or contact phone no.) and if you are the subscriber. Not sure if 3 or 5 would be the appropriate code for a cancellation.

You can’t cancel over WhatsApp. You have to ring up. 40min waiting yesterday & then asked for a call back. 2 hours later - no call back.

Is there an address you can write to instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scobyone

I messaged on WhatsApp in late February but they never got back to me. In early april I texted again and they replied with the news ( presumably it was in the t&c s ) that cancellation could only be by phone. I tried twice to call but it took too long. In may I did speak to an agent and they refused point blank to acknowledge my efforts to cancel and insisted on the full 30 days being applied to my account . I might call to see can I find someone reasonable to have it waived but I’m not too hopeful. Should I bother? It’s €100! Has anyone had any joy with similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They're useless in general. Complain to them about a broadband problem that has affected everyone in the area and they will reply to you 24 hours later when the problem was already fixed to say no problems reported on their system and can I restart modem etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Had a disaster with virgin this week. No broadband all week have had two modems send out and still issues, spend hours on phone and 1hr online which I was told at 5pm exactly that his shift was now over and he just disconnected out conversation, disgraceful behaviour, I have logged complaint regarding this so will see what becomes of it. I don't need fast broadband but I do need a reliable connection so will be changing away from virgin as soon as I can look into what is available. Just want to know who other people are using for there broadband suppliers, and if they are reliable. I was looking at sky which say they can give me faster spends than virgin but as I said speed is not an issues, just wondering anyone using sky if they would recommend them? I have tv/broadband/ and mobile with virgin and all this is changing, absolutely terrible service this week from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'm thinking off cancelling Virgin. My Horizon tv,240mb Broadband and Anytime Mobile phone is €101 per month and I have a 2nd box that adds €11 so total €112 per month.

If I phone them would they do a deal?

I don't want higher speed or sports added etc. I just can't afford €112. Would they do half price for a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

@delta2113..only ring them if your coming to or out of contract..there is a chance you can get 6 or 9 months half price if you have not had a discount before..and never settle for the first offer they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    @delta2113..only ring them if your coming to or out of contract..there is a chance you can get 6 or 9 months half price if you have not had a discount before..and never settle for the first offer they give you.

Also helps to be pre-armed with a price for a similar package from a VDSL or FTTH provider. Doesnt even need to be available at your specific address as they are unlikley to check that if its at least plausible you can get it.

I told them a 100Mb VDSL package that was much cheaper was more than enough for my needs before my cab was even enabled and 5Mb was all I could get. Got some sort of discount every year for my last 2-3 years until I left for SIRO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 crocko

Spent 65 mins on hold to cancel my account, they offered me discount for six months and then normal price after. I refused they can back with half price offer for six months then back to normal price after, I again refused they over half price for 9 months and then back to normal price I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xabi_a

It's really outrageous how these service providers behave, but there's not much we can do. They could easily create a simple web interface to cancel a contract, but they won't do it because they want to make it as difficult as possible. Really there should be some regulation around this. I can't afford to wait 30 minutes on the phone during office hours, and I shouldn't have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Raise it with your local T.D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement