Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123Go Box keeps marking me down

Options
  • 06-05-2020 10:31am

Not quite sure where to post this. I don't want to contact 123 because I'm worried it will only highlight the issue.

My 123Go box keeps marking me down for speeding. I am so careful to stay at the speed limit, and often I go under the limit just to be safe, but I am still getting marked down. It's ridiculous!

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How old is your car? Have you looked at getting your car tested to ensure the speedometer is giving you the correct reading? Does it say how much over you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

have you put bigger wheels or tyres on it ?
    these will change your reading so that you are reading one speed but actually going faster than whats on the meter

https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/

else you have a speedo probelm with the car .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Miscreant

have you put bigger wheels or tyres on it ?
    these will change your reading so that you are reading one speed but actually going faster than whats on the meter

https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/

else you have a speedo probelm with the car .

You could always download one of those GPS speedometer apps to your phone and test that against your car speedo. It will give you a reasonable idea as to how accurate the car is (although it will still not be perfect but gives an indication).
    Otherwise, it sounds like the 123 Go maguffin is faulty or overreading itself and you might have to contact 123 anyway (even though you would prefer not to).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Can you tell when you get marked down? I'm asking because I noticed there are a few places that my satnav tells me its one speed for the road but the road signs say different. Perhaps the 123Go system has a road marked as being a lower speed than it actually is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Waze has a speed limit alert - might be worth running that on your phone/car and seeing if the discrepancy is in the same places or is random.

Is it definitely a speed issue and not an acceleration/smoothness/braking/overuse issue?

Get some examples and then talk to 123 before they talk to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is why I'd never have one of those things in my car - it's like having a Garda with a speedgun in the car with you :p

As above it sounds to me that it may think the limit where you are is lower than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jackstow

Hey guys, sorry for resurrecting this, but I'm in a similar position.. after 3 months with 123go, and I pretty much always had +10 or near that on speed score.. Today when I was moving from one parking to another around Blanchardstown centre, suddenly Ive got a -10 score for speed in a trip of less than 1km.. I would assume parkings have a very low speed limit like 10,15 and I did something like 20? But I have no idea, to be honest.. How bad is it? Will I get a speed warning? If I go the app, other then this specific event, my speed history is +9 since the beginning of the insurance.. Im also afraid of calling them :/

Advertisement