Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat diet supplement

• 06-05-2020 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Cat diet consists of:

90% raw chicken(no giblets, doesn't like it)
    7% raw pork mince(12% fat), ham slices etc
    3% tuna (a tin a week)

She is 6 years old and that's all she ever eats for the last 3 years.

She is aware that kibbles(Purizon, Applaws) and tinned cat food exists(Bozita, Carny, tesco own brand) but never even gives it a sniff. The other two cats are fed with these daily.

So what supplement should i get to improve this diet?

I might add she seems to be a content cat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Happy Cat, Happy house
    Supplement Cat with a little mouse!

(If it aint broke don’t fix it!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd go with something like Felini complete; the main item I'd be worried about would obviously be taurine & kalcium depending on what parts of the chicken are served as frankenprey diet vs. breasts meat only etc. play in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Bykobap

Nody wrote: »
    I'd go with something like Felini complete; the main item I'd be worried about would obviously be taurine & kalcium depending on what parts of the chicken are served as frankenprey diet vs. breasts meat only etc. play in here.

Apart from giblets she will eat the rest of the chicken, bones included.

I get the whole chicken and cut it to big chunks so she has to "work" for it. Whatever giblets remain on the spine of the chicken she doesn't eat so i use it for soup.

Sometimes i get pack of wings and she eats all of it no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Bykobap wrote: »
    Apart from giblets she will eat the rest of the chicken, bones included.

I get the whole chicken and cut it to big chunks so she has to "work" for it. Whatever giblets remain on the spine of the chicken she doesn't eat so i use it for soup.

Sometimes i get pack of wings and she eats all of it no bother.

wow - I'd LOVE if my cats ate like this! Cats are carnivores - surely if shes happy to eat her chicken, and get some pork mince and a tin of Tuna/week shes well fed! (Altho Nody's Fellini looks very interesting too)

(my 2 cats are ex-ferals but are now living princesses who only eat what they feel like on any given day, the most expensive brands only, which they may go off when Ive bought 200 packs, and may eat 7 times a day as the fancy takes them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

aonb wrote: »
    wow - I'd LOVE if my cats ate like this! Cats are carnivores - surely if shes happy to eat her chicken, and get some pork mince and a tin of Tuna/week shes well fed! (Altho Nody's Fellini looks very interesting too)

(my 2 cats are ex-ferals but are now living princesses who only eat what they feel like on any given day, the most expensive brands only, which they may go off when Ive bought 200 packs, and may eat 7 times a day as the fancy takes them)

And mine is the opposite! Will only eat Felix ****e and won't touch any of the fancy food I bought her. She'll eat a tin of tuna but not everyday. She prefers the cat equivalent of McDonalds. :rolleyes: I tried a salmon oil suppliment with her but she won't go for that either. She's the pickiest cat I've ever come across.

Cats are weird. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement