Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are any bike shops Dublin Northside open

Options
  • 06-05-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

I thought that from earlier in the week bike shops would reopen.

I know I can buy online but in relation to repairs non seem to be open

Was cycling along clontarf and shops in Marino closed. Anyone got any ideas as to when they may reopening

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You need to contact them as far as I know. They are not open, but kind of with shutters down and appointment only. That's how the local lbs are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

360 cycles in Clontarf is open to a certain extent anyway. They open at 11am, in case you passed earlier.

Best to give them a call anyway, they also tend to be very responsive over email.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

City centre penny farthing are open

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

humphries in finglas are open by appointment, i think mainly through facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Driving past Cyclezone Blanch Main-street and someone coming out of it and someone going towards it with wheel in hand, nothing on Facebook though

I wouldn't wish Humphries on my worse enemy, such a bad experience with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Jimmy's in Portmarnock open for repairs only. Drop off and collect 1-5pm daily. Humphries also open. Had recent positive experiences in both shops for repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Darrener

Humphries open from 10am daily. Had a gear cable fixed last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

jeffk wrote: »
    I wouldn't wish Humphries on my worse enemy, such a bad experience with them

Each to their own, but they've never been anything other than brilliant for me.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Each to their own, but they've never been anything other than brilliant for me.

Put a screw in where cap went because he doesn’t have the part and what can he do (maybe ring customer and ask first), lucky no damage done

Both members of staff have a poor attitude, look up the google reviews and see much the same

Go to collect my almost 1K MTB, just leaning against other bikes with cheap cable lock around them out on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Put a screw in where cap went because he doesn’t have the part and what can he do (maybe ring customer and ask first), lucky no damage done

Both members of staff have a poor attitude, look up the google reviews and see much the same

Go to collect my almost 1K MTB, just leaning against other bikes with cheap cable lock around them out on the street

A screw in what cap?

• Advertisement

07Lapierre wrote: »
    A screw in what cap?

On the bracket at the back wheel there is a cap for the brake fluid I think and he screwed in a screw there and cut it off crudely

No expert on bikes so hopefully you get the idea?

On the bracket at the back wheel there is a cap for the brake fluid I think and he screwed in a screw there and cut it off crudely

No expert on bikes so hopefully you get the idea?

Your bike has hydraulic brakes? Is it a MTB?

Your bike has hydraulic brakes? Is it a MTB?

Yes a Yes

Why was your bike in the shop? What was wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Why was your bike in the shop? What was wrong with it?

Is that you Mr Humphrie?

Is that you Mr Humphrie?

No but I am a regular customer of Humphries. I also frequent 360 cycles, Richie’s in Swords, Jimmy’s in Portmarnock, cycle superstore, Base2race etc.

If I was to stop using any shop where I had ONE bad experience, I’d have Nowhere to shop!
    Edit: I’m not criticising the shops, I’m just pointing out that none of them can please all the people all the time.

No point going on and on about who what why etc

I had issues with my bike, went to a bike shop, didn't get a proper repair and service etc

Left a review, they could have replied to try and resolve the issues, they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joycer

Duff Cycles in Omni in Santry are open.

They got me sorted this week with a new gear cable.

Advertisement