Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farage highlighting illegal migration chaos

Options

Comments

i would imagine it's because they aren't actually from france but from elsewhere.

The question remains why they feel entitled to leave a safe country to pick any country of their choosing bypassing the legal methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

i would imagine it's because they aren't actually from france but from elsewhere.

You’d have to do a lot of imagining to swallow these asylum cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The question remains why they feel entitled to leave a safe country to pick any country of their choosing bypassing the legal methods.
    safe country means different things to different people.
    if refugees don't feel safe in somewhere like france then it isn't a safe country technically.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    You’d have to do a lot of imagining to swallow these asylum cases.

not at all, because i can accept that some cases will be genuine and others not, rather then the nonsense of they are all scammers cause i don't like immigrants/whatever.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

safe country means different things to different people.
    if refugees don't feel safe in somewhere like france then it isn't a safe country technically.

not at all, because i can accept that some cases will be genuine and others not, rather then the nonsense of they are all scammers cause i don't like immigrants/whatever.

Feelings is absolutely not a reason why someone can pick and choose a country when a refugee.

They must be able to demonstrably prove they are unsafe. Absolute horse****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

What separates a refugee from an economic migrant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

War, persecution

So they are economic migrants and not refugees? No war in France

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

2u2me wrote: »
    If the person arrives into Ireland via plane or ferry, and in many situations from another safe European country, then there is a high probability that they are an economic migrant.

If the Irish government flies in the person from a displacement camp near to a war/conflict/disaster zone, then there is a very high probability that they are a refugee.

It is the second group that we should be helping ........... and if at all possible at the source, in order to help the greater number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Looks like the Police have had to get on to the little scumbag
    He a xenophobic racist who's just broken the rules and should be treated as such.
    Can you back up your claim that there's a migrant crisis which is being suppressed?

Do you have anything to add here?

The thread is about the well documented issue in relation to migration around Dover. You pretend that you don't know about it in order to get on a soapbox about Nigel Farage.

As annoying a guy as Farage is, your ad hominem has very little to do with the subject of the thread.

I'm not sure where you are getting 'suppressed' from. You are literally the only person to make that claim. Presumably it's a straw man you can use in order to divert attention away from the actual topic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-52815207
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1287110/UK-migrant-crisis-home-office-priti-patel-australia-dover-kent-border-force
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/migrants-pose-major-threat-to-uk-border-warns-former-chief-227667/
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8347041/British-fisherman-claims-French-patrols-not-interested-stopping-migrants.html
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/26/kayaker-among-new-wave-migrants-crossing-channel-french-navy/

Cue 'the Daily Mail, BBC, Express are run by racists'.

I don't even have much interest in this topic. I don't think Farage is saying anything particularly new (and he's of course being entirely self-serving), and I'm not sure why the illegal immigration is worse now than it has been. The predictable deflection in uncomfortable topics is pretty annoying though.

1 is a refugee and the other is an economic migrant.
    So they are economic migrants and not refugees? No war in France

no but there is in syria, and there is conflict in a couple of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Whatever the outcome few will leave or be deported .

Which is why they'll keep coming. The know Ireland's immigration laws [and enforcement] are a joke.

1 is a refugee and the other is an economic migrant.

no but there is in syria, and there is conflict in a couple of others.

So they had no possible reason to leave France for any other reason that they wanted to live in the UK. **** them so. They can apply like everyone else.

So they had no possible reason to leave France for any other reason that they wanted to live in the UK. **** them so. They can apply like everyone else.

i don't know, i didn't ask them as i have no way to get in contact with them, and even if i did, it's none of my business but between them and the authorities of the relevant countries.
    presumably they did have some reason to leave france other then simply wanting to go to the uk otherwise they wouldn't have left.
    but that is just a guess.
    they will have to apply like everyone else anyway so not **** them.

i don't know, i didn't ask them as i have no way to get in contact with them, and even if i did, it's none of my business but between them and the authorities of the relevant countries.
    presumably they did have some reason to leave france other then simply wanting to go to the uk otherwise they wouldn't have left.
    but that is just a guess.

Thank **** you aren't in charge. It very much is the business of people to know if there is unrestricted access for illegal immigrants based on their feelings.

Yes people have no way to contact some of them. They arrive into a country undocumented and illegal and then are able to disappear. That's the reason there are immigration laws and documentation.

Illegal immigrants are not welcome. Refugees who feel they can choose their host country should not be welcome in any country.

Thank **** you aren't in charge. It very much is the business of people to know if there is unrestricted access for illegal immigrants based on their feelings.

Yes people have no way to contact some of them. They arrive into a country undocumented and illegal and then are able to disappear. That's the reason there are immigration laws and documentation.

Illegal immigrants are not welcome. Refugees who feel they can choose their host country should not be welcome in any country.

if i was in charge the immigration system would actually be working properly. because you know, i would give it the resources to do so.
    there is no unrestricted access for immigrants based on feelings to any country.
    quite rightly it doesn't matter whether you think certain people are or aren't welcome here or anywhere, or not, the authorities of the various countries will decide that.

if i was in charge the immigration system would actually be working properly. because you know, i would give it the resources to do so.
    there is no unrestricted access for immigrants based on feelings to any country.
    quite rightly it doesn't matter whether you think certain people are or aren't welcome here or anywhere, or not, the authorities of the various countries will decide that.

What resources? There are methods to legal migrate and there are resources to help refugees. What would you do exactly that would be different?

I know. That's why I oppose illegal immigration. Authorities decides which laws apply. Anyone who breaks those laws are not criminals. It's not my opinion. It's a fact

"You are a Nazi, a bigot, a xenophobe, a racist. And I'm sure you're a homophobe too. And you're literally Hitler."-The Left's response to anyone wanting common sense immigration laws and enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Could you post one link, just one that backs up your claim that Farage is racist. Thanks.

I'm not usually given to quoting Ben Shapiro with approval, but his assessment of his much loathed (and by him) colleague Steve Bannon might be apposite here.
    "Steve's not a racist. He's just an asshole"

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Do you have anything to add here?

The thread is about the well documented issue in relation to migration around Dover. You pretend that you don't know about it in order to get on a soapbox about Nigel Farage.

As annoying a guy as Farage is, your ad hominem has very little to do with the subject of the thread.

I'm not sure where you are getting 'suppressed' from. You are literally the only person to make that claim. Presumably it's a straw man you can use in order to divert attention away from the actual topic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-52815207
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1287110/UK-migrant-crisis-home-office-priti-patel-australia-dover-kent-border-force
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/migrants-pose-major-threat-to-uk-border-warns-former-chief-227667/
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8347041/British-fisherman-claims-French-patrols-not-interested-stopping-migrants.html
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/26/kayaker-among-new-wave-migrants-crossing-channel-french-navy/

Cue 'the Daily Mail, BBC, Express are run by racists'.

I don't even have much interest in this topic. I don't think Farage is saying anything particularly new (and he's of course being entirely self-serving), and I'm not sure why the illegal immigration is worse now than it has been. The predictable deflection in uncomfortable topics is pretty annoying though.

Abhorrent behaviour from a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

dd973 wrote: »
    Douglas Murray is a creepy oleaginous pseudo intellectual bellend,

Think you're being a bit too kind there :)

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    "You are a Nazi, a bigot, a xenophobe, a racist. And I'm sure you're a homophobe too. And you're literally Hitler."-The Left's response to anyone wanting common sense immigration laws and enforcement.

accept that isn't the case now is it.
    apart from a small few, nobody is bothered about enforcement that is actually common sense and is done fairly and proportionately.
    on the other hand where it is implemented, nonsense designed to play to a certain type of voter should be called for what it is however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

dd973 wrote: »
    it's odd how many LGBT people are into that Libertarian Right Wing stuff, I know people's sexual identity and their politics aren't necessarily the same but I'd have thought being part of a minority would posit them more towards the Left.

No, it's not odd at all, odd is how the left got to defend them (or pretend to defend them, while using them to push their agenda). "Libertarian Right Wing stuff" it's all about freedom and individual rights.
    Also, the sexual identity has absolutely nothing to do with socio-economical and political views.

accept that isn't the case now is it.
    apart from a small few, .

A small few that are in our media [news, television,etc] and thus control the narrative.

Cordell wrote: »
    No, it's not odd at all, odd is how the left got to defend them (or pretend to defend them, while using them to push their agenda). "Libertarian Right Wing stuff" it's all about freedom and individual rights.
    Also, the sexual identity has absolutely nothing to do with socio-economical and political views.

How has that "If you're_____ You have to be a Leftist." garbage not been denounced for bigotry [and racism in Joe "You're not Black if you don't support me." Biden] the idea that the Left "owns" people that are ____. There are plenty of Conservative LGBTs [because they see the Left getting WAY too cozy with Islam and they're anti-gay stances] and Conservative Blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Cordell wrote: »

American influence on the British left. The American left got to defend the LGBT stuff because the American right has a very strong anti-LGBT Christian component to it which naturally lends to the LGBT people moving to the American left.

Western Europe's LGBT stuff has largely been promoted by politicians of all stances left centre and right (Merkel, Cameron, Fine Gael/Fianna Fail both, et cetera) because Western Europe has become less Christian and more secular in the past half-century, to the point where even far-right politicians like Geert Wilders and Marine Le Pen are appealing to LGBT people because Muslims are anti-LGBT.

American influence on the British left. The American left got to defend the LGBT stuff because the American right has a very strong anti-LGBT Christian component to it which naturally lends to the LGBT people moving to the American left.

Western Europe's LGBT stuff has largely been promoted by politicians of all stances left centre and right (Merkel, Cameron, Fine Gael/Fianna Fail both, et cetera) because Western Europe has become less Christian and more secular in the past half-century, to the point where even far-right politicians like Geert Wilders and Marine Le Pen are appealing to LGBT people because Muslims are anti-LGBT.

And yet the American and European Left are now catering to Islam which as you pointed is very anti-LGBT. The Left want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to keep the LGBT crowd on side while pandering to Islam. This is many LGBT have turned to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    And yet the American and European Left are now catering to Islam which as you pointed is very anti-LGBT. The Left want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to keep the LGBT crowd on side while pandering to Islam. This is many LGBT have turned to the right.

Well as I said LGBT rights have been accepted across the political spectrum left, centre, and right in Europe. But in America, Islam isn't seen as a threat as it is in Europe as the United States because there aren't many Muslim immigrants to the US as there are in Europe. Furthermore, both Islam and LGBT view the Christian faction of the American right as a threat, so they formed an Alliance of convenience in the United States to defeat the Christian right. The Christian right doesn't exist in Europe anymore so Europe has already reached the point where the secular LGBT are turning to the right as the left turns towards Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

I'm not usually given to quoting Ben Shapiro with approval, but his assessment of his much loathed (and by him) colleague Steve Bannon might be apposite here.
    "Steve's not a racist. He's just an asshole"

I’d never quote Ben Shapiro with approval. The man is a con. I remember the supposed debate between him and Cenk (the !eft Con) - the supposed right and left “intellectual giants” from America.

Both wealthy grifters essentially talking **** about stuff they don’t know.

If Farage deserves contempt; then so do people like Myriam Francois-Cerrah. Unfortunately the contempt for Francois is lacking; I believe that's what really gets people. At least that's what gets me.

She was the person who was representing the left and Islam after the Charlie Hebdo massacre, quite happy to censor those images, beginning a crusade against satirists like Markus Meechan. They weren't 'real cartoonists' anyway. Who cares what they had to say. Meechan isn't a 'real' satirist. The problem is it never ends, ultimately even turning on herself a ,"middle-class white woman".

The comedians were too easy from Charlie Hebdo to Markus Meechan; now they're going after journalists by calling them 'not journalists' as well as smearing them with all sorts of cheap names (Ala Trump) It's truly mindboggling. You have people in authority, in this board parroting that sentiment. It's disgusting, ridiculous and dangerous.

If this was anyone else it would be called abuse, plain and simple. Try to say Anita Sarkeesian isn't a journalist and you will be called a troll or banned.

The double standard is disgusting, foul and putrid. If you think people don't see through it you are only fooling yourself.

• Advertisement

But in America, Islam isn't seen as a threat as it is in Europe as the United States .

Are you on drugs or do live in Bizarro world? 9-11 was the wake up call for many. And that happened in the US. With the exception of the Leftists many Americans are very aware of the dangers Islams [which is why they've only gained traction in Democrat held states] Europeans are NOT awake to the dangers of Islam. Especially the Irish. After watching terrorist attacks become regular occurrences in Germany, Sweden, France and Britain the Irish should be out fighting to prevent their arrival into the Country and they should be fighting to stops mosques from being built in Ireland. The Irish aren't going to be happy until Ireland is Ireland in name only.

Advertisement