Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farage highlighting illegal migration chaos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

2u2me wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

I'm not speaking for 10000maniacs but I have the same opinion on Farage so here's my answer.

Farage has an unwavering opinion of the rightousness of his view on the world of politics and even though he was a nominated representative he has for years tried to undermine the honour of the parliament to which he has managed to win election and his most recent showing their, including him and his party members turning their back on the other members of parliament is insulting to the idea of democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Farage has an unwavering opinion of the rightousness of his view on the world of politics and even though he was a nominated representative he has for years tried to undermine the honour of the parliament to which he has managed to win election and his most recent showing their, including him and his party members turning their back on the other members of parliament is insulting to the idea of democracy.

For the first point, couldn't you accuse just about any politician of that?

Also abstentionism has been used by Irish republican political movements in the United Kingdom and Ireland since the early 19th century.

Is it the very act of abstentionism is bigoted?

For the first point, couldn't you accuse just about any politician of that?

Also abstentionism has been used by Irish republican political movements in the United Kingdom and Ireland since the early 19th century.

Is it the very act of abstentionism is bigoted?

On your first point, I dont think so. Some? Definitely, but I think most have some sort of principles of wanting to do good for society more so than just themselves, theres a lot of discussion and scepticism about the things which they suggest doing but I think most recognize politics is about discourse.

On your second point, I dont think so, I think if he had said he wouldnt attend or draw down a salary then it would have been. But some of the shenanigans he advocated for were insulting to every other country who elected people for proactive reasons. And he took full salary and expenses while doing so.

On your first point, I dont think so. Some? Definitely, but I think most have some sort of principles of wanting to do good for society more so than just themselves, theres a lot of discussion and scepticism about the things which they suggest doing but I think most recognize politics is about discourse.

On your second point, I dont think so, I think if he had said he wouldnt attend or draw down a salary then it would have been. But some of the shenanigans he advocated for were insulting to every other country who elected people for proactive reasons. And he took full salary and expenses while doing so.

Well it seems to me you're saying Farage is bigot, in the sense that every idealogue is a bigoted.

Farage believing the UK would be better off outside of the EU and advocating for it doesn't seem particularly bigoted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Who are you to demand me to tell you anything 'exactly'?
    All of us can choose to post here or not.

In terms of your 'should' questions.
    I'm not sure how these questions are relevant to anything? Have I suggested in any way that these practices should be encouraged?

Should Gay marriage be allowed? Yes? But it's not so long since it wasn't allowed in Ireland either.
    Were you equally aghast at many US states still having laws against homosexual acts up until 17 years ago?
    Should people be allowed to marry multiple people in Ireland? I'm not sure. If all people in the marriage are aware of each other, do you think they shouldn't? Can't say I care one way or another. There are already open relationships, single parent households etc
    As for genital mutilation. I'm not sure. I certainly wouldn't be in favor of it being carried out on females but what about boys? Again, are you equally aghast at the Jewish communities practicing of circumcision, or is only the predominantly muslim practice of FGM which disgusts you.

Finally you are moving the goalposts in saying now that diversity is not a positive of illegal immigration when before the argument was that diversity is not of any benefit.

One last thing.
    Do you think that any of the people who come to Ireland as asylum seekers are fleeing persecution, hardship risk of death in their home country?
    Do you think these people should be refused the opportunity to build a life in Ireland.
    The practise of FGM is very different and more brutal in that it interferes with their sexual desire . To compare it with male circumcision is ludricrious many christian boys in Ireland had this done in the past. The reason being it was more hygenic .
    When most who claim asylum in Ireland are not genuine circa 90% the system of acceptance is questionable .
    You seem in favour of a man having multiple wives I doubt it would prove popular in Ireland .
    ''I am not sure '' Your post reads I will say anything just to disagree .

• Advertisement

Well it seems to me you're saying Farage is bigot, in the sense that every idealogue is a bigoted.

Farage believing the UK would be better off outside of the EU and advocating for it doesn't seem particularly bigoted to me.

Not if you use the text book definition of bigoted.
    having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Not if you use the text book definition of bigoted.

Sure the whole of the Lib Dems and anyone else who wanted a "people's choice" referendum could be lobbed in alongside farage so.

Sure the whole of the Lib Dems and anyone else who wanted a "people's choice" referendum could be lobbed in alongside farage so.

That might be your view.

That might be your view.

Well they meet the definition of bigoted you provided. What can be more bigoted than wanting to over turn a democratic referendum before it's even been implemented!

It's particularly ironic when you have the word Democrat in the name of your party.

Well they meet the definition of bigoted you provided. What can be more bigoted than wanting to over turn a democratic referendum before it's even been implemented!

It's particularly ironic when you have the word Democrat in the name of your party.

What is my Party?
    Would it be ok for me to assume yours based on postings here?

Think the LD position was that 3 years after the referendum, none of the protagonists had been able to provide a workable solution to any of the elements which before the referendum they had said would be a piece of cake and as a consequence, the reality was much different to what people had been told to expect.

I'm not suggesting they would gave right to simply ignore the result of the referendum but that they were correct that the electorate had been misled.

• Advertisement

What is my Party?
    Would it be ok for me to assume yours based on postings here?

Think the LD position was that 3 years after the referendum, none of the protagonists had been able to provide a workable solution to any of the elements which before the referendum they had said would be a piece of cake and as a consequence, the reality was much different to what people had been told to expect.

I'm not suggesting they would gave right to simply ignore the result of the referendum but that they were correct that the electorate had been misled.

I didn't mean that you were a lib dem supporter, just ironic that they supported a 2nd referendum before the first had been implemented. They are a party I'd seriously consider voting for if they were still the party that existed when Paddy Ashdown and Charles Kennedy were involved. Hopefully they can sort themselves out and become a proper centrist party again having gotten rid of Jo Swinson who was a complete disaster.

Regardless, it wouldn't bother me if you did tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I'm not speaking for 10000maniacs but I have the same opinion on Farage so here's my answer.

The EU itself has been insulting to the idea of democracy at times. Making Countries vote again because they didn't like the results or just straight up ignoring the result, the handling of this "migrant crisis". The EU aren't the bastions of democracy that people want to believe they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Farage is now patrolling the Channel according to his Twitter acc. Video coming later. You just know he will drive change on this issue. Very persistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Farage is now patrolling the Channel according to his Twitter acc. Video coming later. You just know he will drive change on this issue. Very persistent.

Literally 100s coming in daily illegally . The far left can't ignore this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    The EU itself has been insulting to the idea of democracy at times. Making Countries vote again because they didn't like the results or just straight up ignoring the result, the handling of this "migrant crisis". The EU aren't the bastions of democracy that people want to believe they are.

Funny, I'm not seeing any evidence there for your lies claims about gangs having "taken over" parts of Dublin.

Funny, I'm not seeing any evidence there for your lies claims about gangs having "taken over" parts of Dublin.

So I just imagined voting on the Lisbon treaty twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Powerful video. Crazy that the French can just dump them in British waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

nope, you voted twice on the issue as the terms of the treaty changed.
    we rejected it, the EU gave us concessions on the issues believed to have been the cause of the rejection, and we voted for it.
    that my friend is democracy in action.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

nope, you voted twice on the issue as the terms of the treaty changed. we rejected it, the EU gave us concessions on the issues believed to have been the cause of the rejection, and we voted for it. that my friend is democracy in action.

I always thought that certain reassurances were given rather than concessions.

Same with the Nice treaty.

Open to correction though.

• Advertisement

nope, you voted twice on the issue as the terms of the treaty changed.
    we rejected it, the EU gave us concessions on the issues believed to have been the cause of the rejection, and we voted for it.
    that my friend is democracy in action.

We were told we were given concessions. Look who was running the Country and tell me with a straight face that you believe them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Whatever you think about farage and his opinions once the UK end the free movement of people and introduce a skills points based system (similar to Canada and Australia) it's fairly obvious where many of those economically driven migrants will go instead.

The EU has proven time and again that their reassurances or concessions ain't worth spit.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Whatever you think about farage and his opinions once the UK end the free movement of people and introduce a skills points based system (similar to Canada and Australia) it's fairly obvious where many of those economically driven migrants will go instead.

Boris Johnson and the Tories ran on being the British Donald Trump and promised not only would they stop this, but they would start massive deportations as well. Footage like this proves that was a promise they had no intention of keeping.

Western Govts need to realize that Africa as a whole is 10x the size of Europe and North America. We can't keep this up forever. Its like our Govts are pushing for Civil War.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it could have been just reassurances but from what i remember it was concessions.
    either way it seems from memory enough changed to require a new vote, i would suspect that if we didn't get a vote on what was essentially something different then perhhapse it might have become a constitutional issue.
    Blueshoe wrote: »

they will still go to britain as the tories are hardly going to start spending money on border force staff when they haven't bothered to do so since they came to power in 2010.
    a country can have all the points and skills based policies they like, but when there are hardly anyone there to actually oversea them and put them into operation then they are not going to work.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Africa is headed for 2.5bn folks by 2050 (half of that under 25). Even then still has plenty of space and resources (hence China's roadbuilding, traintracks and 99yr lease on many ports there).

The elites and industrialists of the EU won't be bothered much by any of this, and will also be keen to plunder what they can using the expansionist Barcelona Agreement/Accord.
    Naturally this means lots of 'cultural exchange' incidents as a result for the plebs to deal with.

If you spend you days at the Opera, unpaid Chalets and gated private Villa, very little will change, only cheaper staff and servants to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If we apply Epicurus' trilemma onto the British government:

If the government is unable to prevent illegal immigration, then they are not a good government.
    If the government is unwilling to prevent illegal immigration, then they are not a good government.
    If the government is both willing and able to prevent illegal immigration, then why does illegal immigration exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

it could have been just reassurances but from what i remember it was concessions.
    either way it seems from memory enough changed to require a new vote, i would suspect that if we didn't get a vote on what was essentially something different then perhhapse it might have become a constitutional issue.

they will still go to britain as the tories are hardly going to start spending money on border force staff when they haven't bothered to do so since they came to power in 2010.
    a country can have all the points and skills based policies they like, but when there are hardly anyone there to actually oversea them and put them into operation then they are not going to work.

I hope they all decide to come here

Looks legit,

It seems Sky News were out on a boat of their own. They're allowed though because they're real journalists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Did you respond to the wrong person? Because I'm the one who's still waiting for evidence for your earlier lies claims that parts of Dublin have been "taken over".

Still waiting, by the way.

Advertisement