Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber broadban

• 06-05-2020 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All,

Anyone know best(all things considered) fiber in Ballysheedy, Ballyclough area

Can get eir, Vodafone, Digiweb or sky.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Which one will install it for free?

Vodafone installed SIRO for me for free.
    Sky and the others were charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tiobkuhi

Can’t get the siro. Digiweb charge €130 to install. The installation doesnt worry me too much. But Digiweb are €55 a month for 150mbs fiber and eir are €35. Is Digiweb worth the extra?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Put your Eircode into Bonkers.ie and see what they suggest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd imagine all are coming from the same line so you should see similar speeds with all. It's really up to yourself after that. Price per month, contract length, installation fee, customer service probably what you should look out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ballyclough & Ballysheedy are a bit of hit and miss when it comes to fibre broadband. There's a fiber cab in Derryknockane that a lot of people are connected to but in Ballyclough most are on 1.5-3mb download.
    There is a cab outside Old Crescent that some are connected to and given the distance from there, some can be on 20mb+ in Ballyclough.

Other than that its Satellite Broadband for most for any sort of decent speed. I see on the map that there's another cab just outside Ballysheedy closer to southhill
    Have a look here:
    https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ballyclough & Ballysheedy are a bit of hit and miss when it comes to fibre broadband. There's a fiber cab in Derryknockane that a lot of people are connected to but in Ballyclough most are on 1.5-3mb download.
    There is a cab outside Old Crescent that some are connected to and given the distance from there, some can be on 20mb+ in Ballyclough.

Other than that its Satellite Broadband for most for any sort of decent speed. I see on the map that there's another cab just outside Ballysheedy closer to southhill
    Have a look here:
    https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

Parts of Rathuard and Ballysheedy have started getting access to high speed broadband in the last month. Also a lot of National Broadband vans in the area. Depending on where the OP is he might be able to avail of the high speed internet now.

Yeah I've noticed the vans about but I think thats because their base is in Fedamore.

Yeah I've noticed the vans about but I think thats because their base is in Fedamore.

They've been out of the vans doing surveys. My Inlaws just got connected to 300MB two weeks ago with Eir. They were 0.9MB up to then.

Jofspring wrote: »
    They've been out of the vans doing surveys. My Inlaws just got connected to 300MB two weeks ago with Eir. They were 0.9MB up to then.

Jesus that's some jump! Wish they'd hurry up and get it installed in Ballyclough

Jesus that's some jump! Wish they'd hurry up and get it installed in Ballyclough

I'm further out again. If you are in the orange area on NBI then you will be waiting for a survey first and then they will start the connections. If you are in a blue area covered by an operator like Eir then they might be out quicker. I'm in an orange area myself so just waiting to see the NBI vans around.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm in a Blue area. thanks for the tip on the NBI website - sent off an email too to see if we can get things sped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Which one will install it for free?

Vodafone installed SIRO for me for free.
    Sky and the others were charging.

Eir doing it free with €50 back, €30*12 apparently. Onebigswitch

Worth checking out this and inputting your eircode:

https://nbi.ie/map/

I'm now listed as being surveyed and anticipated to receive High speed fibre broadband between Jan - March 2021

Advertisement