Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drought 2020

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I would of been happy with this as a 1st cut 6wks ago given how everything looked then, that's only got a bag of urea and 0 7 30 since and that's it now coming out as an excess paddock ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Mooooo wrote: »
    Second cut quality dropping away here ready to cut with a week and a bit but no dry spell to do it. Looking like we'll be able next week. Looking forward to the jobs for the week ahead. Taking tyres and plastic off, putting tyres and plastic back on, picking stones, pulling ragworth, picking more stones, pulling more ragworth..... we do have such enviable jobs at times!

Second cut should be cut a week ago now dry cow silage I’m afraid. We’re taking a chance to mow tomorrow afternoon and Monday. Will tedd on Monday with chopper booked for Tuesday am. Smash and grab job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Looked into a field today and for the first time in months I could see lush green grass blowing in the wind. We just seemed to have avoided all the rain up to now.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

That is serious growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Looked into a field today and for the first time in months I could see lush green grass blowing in the wind. We just seemed to have avoided all the rain up to now.

I just happened to look at Google maps this evening and switch to the satellite view.
    For here the image is just from about four weeks ago. It's amazing the differences in colour it's able to show that you wouldn't spot on the ground.

Aran islands look well too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I passed the cliffs of moher an hour ago and cattle are huddled in under stone walls for shelter and the rain driving in against them, the summer is fcuked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I passed the cliffs of moher an hour ago and cattle are huddled in under stone walls for shelter and the rain driving in against them, the summer is fcuked

The guy I renter my field out to told me yesterday he'd be up Friday to cut it.
    I hope he has a chance to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

All forecasts seem to go for positive trends from this weekend onwards for better weather. Not tropical heatwave or anything but dry and temps of mid to high teens, which will do nicely. No need to be writing it off just yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement